led zep album

after the O2 show everyone enjoyed the return of led zep but do you think that the remaining band members should make another album?

Thats a tough one, I'm sure fans would like new Zep after all these yrs of listening to the same songs, but can it be done w/O Bonzo? Jimmy did do most of the writing and arranging, and JPJ still has juice in his writing, I'm on the fence on that one?

I think the three originals and Jason could easily come up with an amazing album, going by their current form. But it would be controversial to release it as a Led Zeppelin album. Personally, I'm praying that they do record together some time soon.

As has been suggested previously, no reason why Jimmy shouldn't do a solo album with the others joining in. Robert might be happy to go with that too, but I dunno really.

Yes. A album would be more worthwhile than a tour with no new material. Here is my list of the songs for the new album.

1. Grant's Tomb - a loud wail from plant followed by a screeching page lick, jones rumbling bass and bonham tapping on the cymbals then all hell breaks loose in a fast paced punk rock full production tale of a person showing each one of them the life they would live. It ends with a wall of feedback.

2. Tight but Loose - an instrumental jam with throw ins from the 60's California rock scene that Plant has described in interviews before, gathers momentum and fades out as the band qoutes the doors.

3. You need Love - a thorough full tilt remake of the 1979 middle of Whole Lotta Love.

4. Our children - the acoustic showpiece. A heartfelt song of not being there when it was needed. Jones on mandolin carries this song.

5. Move along - country music gets greeted and tilted in a boogie woogie piano drum battle as page spits out lead breaks like scotty moore on steroids as plant tells us about the south.

6. Rainbow - another epic. Beginning with a rumbling bass and thermain drum battle, plant sings of lifes pleasures at age 60. Page layers on the riffs as the drum battle continues ever upward and onward, the song ending with a wah-wah pedal that sounds like someone crying.

7. Electric Lemon - plant breathlessly singing the black man blues as he has never done before. Past loves and deception pace this turned down a key guitar work that speeds up in the middle section slightly before returning to a dirge close.

8. Download - keyboard dominated as Jones shows his versatility pumping up the volume with the drums. Guitar work is all riff oriented, Plant singing about the internet and all that it possess.

9. Tell, tell, tell - a swaggering page riff with plant singing in the chord spaces this little ditty pushes the catalog to another level as plant sings to us about honesty and knowing ourselves with page crushing the riffs and a guitar bass drum battle dominates this song until the bitter end.

10. Home and home - soft drums, 12 string guitar, stand up bass, plant singing to a love that doesn't understand his need for 2 homes, a reference to his past music in relation to led zeppelin, a teaser that ends way to early as the band starts to crank it up behind plants caterwauling mimicking of the guitar with shouts of enjoyment.

11. Sapphire's Fire - the end to a historic album. A fade in to the beginning of the song already has the band in full uptempo bona fide rock and roll tempo with plant spitting out lyrics telling the band to go faster, faster, we all can take it, can you make it? Screams of fire shout out with page and jones swirling up all sounds related to a fire. Oh my Sapphire? Oh my, my. One is truly exhausted at the end of this song as plant lets loose an expletive to describe it all.

12. April Fools - only available on UK import.

I'd rather see a tour than a new album.

I think if you want to see a tour there has got to be new material that Robert wants to do, i think this is the stumbling block why he wont tour, he wants to do new stuff.

I wouldnt be against a new song or two, maybe under the name Swansong or something, but an entire album under the Zep name I don't think is a good idea. But a new song or two, to make it more interesting for them, just don't say it's a Zep song, call it A Swansong tune or a great idea i heard "Silver Zeppelin" song.

I say yes to a new album. It is the best way to convince certain (ahem) members that a tour would be justified.

Not to mention the fact that Jimmy should be able to come up with something good and new after 10 years.

No more eastern remakes. I like unledded but I want to hear a new song.

No more "best of" repackages. There are enough of those.

No more new box sets. The 4--c.d. box set did the trick just fine.

No more live material, unless it is the 02 concert.

A new c.d. with new material, and then a tour, in that order!! Yes, I already know how unlikely many of you think it all is, but I don't think it is out of the question.

I think that if they tour, they'll definitely make an album of new material. Because it's during live performances that they come up with ideas for new songs.

For example, take TSRTS movie/soundtrack. During Dazed and Confused, there was a riff Jimmy started playing right before the "San Francisco" part. That riff showed up a few years later on Achilles Last Stand.

The more Zeppelin in the world the better. I would be happy to have more live archival releases, at least one more tour, AND at least one more album.

Many thought the 02 show would be a bust. I can't say I was there, but the reviews I've read and glimpses on youtube I've seen say and show otherwise. Why couldn't we have one more good album. Especially if the they kept a more mature context to it rather than trying to pretend they are still 20-25.

The more Zeppelin in the world the better. I would be happy to have more live archival releases, at least one more tour, AND at least one more album.

Many thought the 02 show would be a bust. I can't say I was there, but the reviews I've read and glimpses on youtube I've seen say and show otherwise. Why couldn't we have one more good album. Especially if the they kept a more mature context to it rather than trying to pretend they are still 20-25.

I have to agree with you detective Rockford. Give us more Zeppelin.

Why couldn't we have one more good album. Especially if the they kept a more mature context to it rather than trying to pretend they are still 20-25.

Now I have to wonder what kind of lyrics Robert Plant would write for a new Zeppelin album? I don't think we'll be hearing any more Tolkein references, sadly. As long as Robert doesn't get political, whatever songs Page/Plant write will become classics like all the rest.

Greetings,

I think that it would be a total lift. Just imagine what they might be able to put out. Think of a tune in memory of John Bonham played by his own son among other things. It might be something that could really inspire people and if they were to use the proceeds to support whatever charities they would choose, it could really be a positive thing. Not to mention breathing life back into music form that could use it. It would be a total groove.

IMO of course...

regards- Tralf

Please, no new record! Unledded was pretty tedious ("Wah Wah" -- you want that in the catalogue next to "The Rover?"), and Walking into Clarksdale has no place next to In Through the Out Door or Coda.

Anybody remember Bob Hope? He went from being the biggest entertainer in the world to floundering through his routines with giant cue cards long after senility had set in. Johnny Carson knew when to hit the parachute. Zep now has the chance to say they went out with total dignity like Carson.

No, definetly not. The Zep catalogue is complete (the best in rock IMO). Why f**k with it, by potentially releasing something that would inevitably suffer by comparision?

If they are inspired to write a new album, no one has the right to say 'it would suffer by comparison'. They can do whatever they desire. I wouldn't expect it to be just like their previous releases because it would be NEW. And I would think they have alot to write about, being apart for so long.

Please, no new record! Unledded was pretty tedious ("Wah Wah" -- you want that in the catalogue next to "The Rover?"), and Walking into Clarksdale has no place next to In Through the Out Door or Coda.

Anybody remember Bob Hope? He went from being the biggest entertainer in the world to floundering through his routines with giant cue cards long after senility had set in. Johnny Carson knew when to hit the parachute. Zep now has the chance to say they went out with total dignity like Carson.

Unledded tedious???? Oh, and I didn't know that they were senile. When did THIS breaking news hit the media. I never heard it. :angry:

Archived