VELVET REVOLVER Parts Ways With SCOTT WEILAND

I'm listening to "Purple" right now. Those comparisons are ludicrous. Do yourself a favor, listen to an AIC song, along with any STP song, followed by a Pearl Jam song, and then make that assessment.

Fair enough. They don't sound exactly like one or the other, but a mix of PJ and AIC.. Well, that's what I thought when they begun in the early 90's. I was really into that music back then, but it's nothing I'd be intrested in listening today. Just my thoughts.. In regards to their fans, it's great they getting back together though.

My sentiments exactly.

Scott Weiland was the best thing Velvet Revolver had going for themselves.

I can see their predicament, though, if Weiland's personal problems were getting in the way.

Knowing how Scott is, I realize it's easy to point at him for blame. But I get a feeling there was more to it this time. I think that the other members may have been upset with his decision to play with STP for a while. I do know Scott handled the press about it better than expected.

As far as STP being copycats of Alice and PJ? Nonsense. Uhh..with the possible exception of the song "Plush", which I thought WAS Pearl Jam when it first came out! :lol:

But they have their own sound.

Knowing how Scott is, I realize it's easy to point at him for blame. But I get a feeling there was more to it this time. I think that the other members may have been upset with his decision to play with STP for a while. I do know Scott handled the press about it better than expected.

As far as STP being copycats of Alice and PJ? Nonsense. Uhh..with the possible exception of the song "Plush", which I thought WAS Pearl Jam when it first came out! :lol:

But they have their own sound.

I liked VR. I thought they meshed somewhat well, and the outcome was good for the time. I did eventually begin to think that he wasn't the best choice for frontman, but did bring some credibility to that band. Although some people have a different view of Guns n' Roses as some 80's metal act (Which they weren't). Sebastian Bach probably would have killed, but then they would have been passed off as some washed up group of guys.

They probably shouldn't continue as a group yet. A new singer would probably not be received well with fans.

In all honesty, riding the wave of re-formations, they should work hard to get a Guns reunion going. But I'm as realistic as can be, and I know that probably isn't going to happen.

I agree. VR should take some time off and evaluate the situation before doing anything rash. I really liked the band, especially the second album. To just throw anyone at the mike would kill their buzz real quick.

What's David Coverdale up to these days?

:shifty:

I agree. VR should take some time off and evaluate the situation before doing anything rash. I really liked the band, especially the second album. To just throw anyone at the mike would kill their buzz real quick.

What's David Coverdale up to these days?

:shifty:

David who?

You'd think in this day and age that bands would know how to avoid the pitfalls of pissing off eachother in the greater interest of keeping a good thing going. I guess not.

You don't get along, you don't get along. Simple as that. No point in going all therapy like Metallica.

You'd think in this day and age that bands would know how to avoid the pitfalls of pissing off eachother in the greater interest of keeping a good thing going. I guess not.

The "good thing" lasts for a couple of hours a night, leaving plenty of time for them to get on each others last nerve.

It's not as easy, or as fun as it looks.

Archived