Sealed In Through The Out Door LP

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and want to thank everyone in advance for your help.

I just purchased a copy of '79 ITtOD LP sealed. When I gave it to my boyfriend, (who is I think the biggest Zep Head (but I am sure now that I am wrong). :unsure:LOL ) we questioned it being real or a fake rewrap.

The reason he thinks this is, the outter cardboard, bar scene, cover opening, is visible where the brown paper bag opening is, He remembers the top of the album cover being at the opening, and the Wikipedia site says it was some times the spine that was exposed to see the letter (but not always). So I am very confused.

Is there anyone who has a sealed copy that knows if they came this way??

Thank you again for your input

~desperate for the truth~ :bagoverhead:

Ladyisis

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and want to thank everyone in advance for your help.

I just purchased a copy of '79 ITtOD LP sealed. When I gave it to my boyfriend, (who is I think the biggest Zep Head (but I am sure now that I am wrong). :unsure:LOL ) we questioned it being real or a fake rewrap.

The reason he thinks this is, the outter cardboard, bar scene, cover opening, is visible where the brown paper bag opening is, He remembers the top of the album cover being at the opening, and the Wikipedia site says it was some times the spine that was exposed to see the letter (but not always). So I am very confused.

Is there anyone who has a sealed copy that knows if they came this way??

Thank you again for your input

~desperate for the truth~ :bagoverhead:

Ladyisis

Hello Ladyisis,

I have two originals of ITTOD here - one unsealed and one sealed. From what I can see, both the unsealed and sealed copies have the top of the cover showing at the opening of the paper bag. If I pull the album out of the unsealed bag, the large picture of the bar scene is facing me so my guess is that the sealed copy was packaged that way too. I have never seen a copy with the spine or the opening of the cover exposed but that doesn't mean that those don't exist. I am only going by the two albums that I have here. My husband and I purchased both of those in Los Angeles on the day that the album was released there. I don't know if there are regional differences.

Good luck.

Welcome to the board. :)

Archived