Robert Plant interview in May 08 Q Magazine

MHD

Agreed. I would add Yoko Ono was unfairly blamed for breaking up The Beatles.

Whenever the Rolling Stones have a woman in the band everyone just accepts it, but they are usually solo artists anyway; in addition to all the other females of course. I suppose there are moments of tension from time to time; Anita Pallenberg was reportedly involved in some discord at one time during the band's history when Brian Jones was having conflicts.

Lisa Fischer has done impressively well; and of course, Merry Clayton and Tina Turner have also.

Interestingly, male chimpanzees are also known to behave aggressively when there is a female of child-bearing capacity within their midst; the hotties as Spats sometimes calls them.

Anyways, carry on.

Maybe they should re-release Raising Sand without Alison's vocals. Now that would be something.

I like that. :) Here is another idea. The lyrics are quite good, so if you just read them like they are poetry and forget about the singing, well, Raising Sand is not bad. :D

Thanks for scanning that, Knebby. :)

I have a hard time reading it :lol: but hey, at least I could make out some of it and will be getting it shortly - these mags come here pretty quickly. B)

Hey people, I feel that reuniting the band would be musically more exciting than anything else any of them could do, but still, I just never could see the point in whining about Alison Krauss and that whole collaboration. :unsure: It's a really good album and I will certainly go see them if I possibly can.

Apart from that though this summer will be nice..... I already have tickets for Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton and Wayne Shorter shows. :D

I like that. :) Here is another idea. The lyrics are quite good, so if you just read them like they are poetry and forget about the singing, well, Raising Sand is not bad. :D

Plant's version of the Morrison Sessions. "How now, brown beauraucrat"

I tried saving it in "my pictures", and I can enlarge the print, but it's pretty fuzzy and hard to read.

They were not allowed to ask him questions about the 02 show, but he does say, "I have no idea what will happen next."

BTW, thanks Miss HD for the news flash, and thank you Knebby for scanning it. Cheers!

I also extend thanks for the info/scan. I wish the print came through better though. B)

"I can't stand it when musicians want to carry on doing the same old shit"

Did everyone see this disturbing quote?

I saw it but it didnt disturb me. He feels strongly about this. I would say more than the average person. I agree with him to a degree because I like to hear new material from established bands but I don't care enough to rant about it continously. Actually, not enough to rant at all. :)

What's disturbing about that? :huh:

If plant said that ,then he' can't stand himself; cause Why the hell is he doing led zepplin songs with Alison krauss .......and on and on and on with whoever he works with besides led zepplin.Maybe he is in the early stages of alzameers disease

What's disturbing about that? :huh:

If plant said that ,then he' can't stand himself; cause Why the hell is he doing led zepplin songs with Alison krauss .......and on and on and on with whoever he works with besides led zepplin.Maybe he is in the early stages of alzameers disease

Archived