Internet Safety

~Bonnie~

Here's an email I received today regarding these parasites who try to steal your personal information:

Dear Webmail User,

We regret to announce to you that we will be making some vital

maintainance on our Webmail system. During this process you might

have login problems in signing into your Online account, to prevent this,

you will have to confirm your account immediately after you receive this

notification.

To confirm and to keep your account active during and after this

maintenance process, please reply to this message with the below account

information.

Failure to do this might result to a permanent deactivation of your user

account from our database to enable us create more spaces for new users

and to also reduce spam input.

YOUR Webmail ACCOUNT CONFIRMATION

Email Address:

Email Password:

Date of birth:

Your account shall remain active after you must have successfully

confirm

nil de: Your account shall remain active after you must have successfully

confirmed your account details.

Thanks for bearing with us.

Webmail Administrative Team

• 6 months later...

Just a reminder...

Pictures posted on the Internet are NOT public domain...

http://www.trafford.com/FAQ/Copyright.aspx

Which pictures can I use without permission?

Without permission from the original photographer or copyright holder, only pictures that you have personally taken can be used without permission (unless a photo is "in the public domain" because the copyright has expired). If a picture is found in a book, newspaper or magazine, you cannot use the image without getting permission. Pictures and information found on the Internet are not "public domain." Most material found on the Internet is copyright protected. Additionally, photographers retain the rights to photographs they take, even if the picture is of you or a family member. You need to obtain permission from the photographer even if you purchased a print of the photograph. When in doubt, get permission or consult a legal professional.

• 9 months later...

Just got nailed with that scam virus that attempts to get you to buy virus removal programs. This time Im fighting it myself. I downloaded spy doctor and it got me where I can now navigate and i just turned the laptop off. I am hoping the little green icon is gone when I fire it up again. But if it isnt Ill use the other one they recommended on thebleepingpc.com I am wondering why my battery indicator is stuck on 12 percent all of a sudden and I can only power up using the ac chord? The laptop is not that old but I guess it could be the battery? Wondering if this virus could have an affect on that also? I wish someone would go after whoever is stealing credit card money on this scam.

Archived