Ride Led Zeppelin!

:lol: That looks so cool, I love rollercoasters! At first I thought it was a late April Fools as I hadn't heard of it. I guess this will be the closest us female Zepheads will get to "riding the band" ;)

It's all for a good cause, so that's great. :D

Hey!! check out this cool new auction about a led zeppelin roller coaster.. hahaha, you can ride the band!!

seriously, just looking at it is worth it, you'll love this! http://auctionwire.com/hardrockpark.

who knows, it could be really fun :cheer:

Sounds good, but what if you're the winning bidder, and the ride makes your stomach uneasy and you hurl all over Steven Goodwin?

WIN 2 TICKETS TO RIDE (Not the Auction....)

Win a trip for two to the Grand Opening of the new Hard Rock Park - the world's first rock 'n' roll theme park. You and a guest will jet off to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on June 2nd and June 3rd for a few days of fun and sun.

Prizes include:

Airfare for two

Three nights' accommodations at The Caravelle Resort

Two days' admission to the park

Two tickets to see two legendary bands --

THE EAGLES on June 2nd and THE MOODY BLUES on June 3rd, 2008

Hard Rock Park mementos

http://www.zippo.com/HardRockPark/

Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (EasternTime) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, April 30 2008.

Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Zippo/Hard Rock Park Getaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open and offered only to legal U.S. residents age 18 or older on Wednesday, March 12, 2008, who at the time of entry reside in and are physically located in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island and U.S. territories and possessions).

Press Launch -- 6 Days after the Zeppelin Reunion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3f4awcaerk (Animated / Virtual Representation of Ride)

The Virtual Ride demoed lasts just over one minute. And that's a Whole Lotta Love for just one minute ! ---- But remember Ladies... You can ride it again, and again.... after a short wait.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdHk0cRZU-Y A Few shots -- Under Construction

Backstage Pass

Myrtle Beach, SC – July 13, 2007 – Take one look at the coaster track and you’ll hear Robert Plant scream in your head. Exactly one year after breaking ground on the world’s first rock ‘n’ roll theme park, the Led Zeppelin – The Ride coaster track was officially “topped” marking the completion of the highest point of the coaster.

Boasting a height of 15 stories tall (155 feet), the track becomes a landmark of the park by land and air. Visitors to the park can finally see the adrenaline rush the ride will create and just looking at it is sure to raise your heart rate. “This coaster is so high; I’m sure we’re waking up a few pilots,” joked Steven Goodwin, Hard Rock Park CEO.

The ride is most notable for the relationship with band members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, who have contributed to all aspects of Led Zeppelin – The Ride, including the ride’s name, logo and overall look and feel of the attraction.

“We are building this coaster just as high as they would allow, given the Park’s proximity to Myrtle Beach International Airport,” said David Reitterer, project manager for Hard Rock Park. Located in the Park’s Rock & Roll Heaven zone, the signature steel thrill ride will be a six and a half minute experience, partially over water.

It begins at a huge silver airship, as if you are stepping onto the cover of Led Zeppelin’s debut album. Once inside, Led Zeppelin music and videos play throughout the queue, leading to a studio area where rockers are treated to a moving, multimedia show before climbing aboard the coaster.

Prepare to feel your stomach drop. Reaching speeds of 65 mph, the coaster has six breathtaking inversions, the largest of which is a 120-foot loop. Every minute of the ride is timed to Led Zeppelin’s hit single “Whole Lotta Love.” A high-fidelity on-board audio system will create an unprecedented sensory experience and an adrenaline rush rivaled only by a live Led Zeppelin concert.

Woman Pays Over $1,800 For 4 Seats On LED ZEPPELIN Coaster's First Public Run

Lisa Fleisher of MyrtleBeachOnline.com reports that one Horry County woman is paying $654 —more than $4 per second — to ride the signature roller coaster at Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Cindy Ennis, 45, said she is the top bidder in a charity eBay auction for seats on Led Zeppelin - The Ride's first public run.

The park this week auctioned off 15 seats, and Ennis said she snagged four — two in the front row, two in the second row — for a total of $1,829.

"I'm not a roller coaster enthusiast," she said. "But it was just the idea of being so close [to the front of the ride], and being the first of something — that's really what did it."

Plus, she said, the money would go to charity.

The first public ride will be held April 15, when the $400 million, 55-acre park off of U.S. 501 will open to a paying audience for the first time.

As readers know, http://www.RexandtheBeast.com purchased a seat on the first ride on Led Zeppelin - The Ride through a charity auction at the new Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, S.C. On April 15, 2008, I (Rex) had the opportunity to take that ride (Row 8 Seat 1).

First, let me say the Hard Rock Park staff was unbelievably enthusiastic and helpful during the whoe process. From leading us into the park to helping take pictures and video, they were really amazing. Steve Goodwin, the CEO of Hard Rock Park and Jon Binkowski were great, shaking hands, giving autographs and taking pictures. I got a great picture with each of Steve and Jon, which you can see in the pictures section.

Now, the Ride. As you walk up to Led Zeppelin, you notice the great themeing that is in place. The load area is covered by a huge silver zeppelin and various statues surround the area. There is a signature double neck guitar that has music flowing from it (and water too) in front that is interactive…when you take certain actions around it Zeppelin tunes come from it.

As you walk through the queue, you have big screen tvs playing Zeppelin concert clips and great posters and other wall hangings (including a reproduction of the cover of The Song Remains the Same). Ultimately, when you get to the pre-load area, there is video playing of a pseudo-Wayne’s World (without Myers or Carvey) and then a funny explanation of the safety systems comes on (at one point the characters scratch themselves and take other funny actions while the explanation is running). Then you enter a darkened room where short video interviews with the members of Led Zeppelin play before it breaks into a concert/video clip of “Whole Lotta Love” (the video includes a shot of Robert Plant on stage showing a little of where the title comes from). Then, in the middle of the playing of that..the doors open to the ride vehicles…

After some publicity shots and other media actions, we are off! The Ride has a lift hill into a great drop, maybe the best B&M coaster drop I have ever been on. Then you move into six inversions, including a 120′ tall loop, 95′ tall cobra roll, and a 75′ tall zero-g roll, all while “Whole Lotta Love” blasts out of the speakers in front of each seat. Also, although they were not working, there will be video cameras set up to film you during the ride (in front of each seat). As befits a new coaster it was remarkably smooth and the inversions were some of the best I have been on for not knocking you around or causing “headaches.” As we came into the unload area, we all started chanting “One More Time! One More Time!” and Steve and John gave the go-ahead to give it another go!

The only major issue I have with the coaster is it is fairly short…but it is a great time! Rex gives it a big thumbs up!

Archived