What's Everyone Listening To?

Jahfin

The When the Levee Breaks CD that comes with this issue of Uncut. It's not the most comprehensive collection of tunes that "inspired" Led Zeppelin that I've ever seen but it's still pretty nice.

uncut_cover.jpg

Since last Tuesday when the album came out, I've been grooving

to the new Portishead cd, "Third" almost nonstop...love how they

didn't just reprise their trademark trip-hop sound.

"Plastic" sounds almost like a Broadcast cut. Along with "Plastic",

"Machine Gun", "We Carry On", and "Magic Doors" are my favourite

songs from the cd.

Also been enjoying the latest Goldfrapp, "Seventh Tree", and Dead Meadow's

"Old Growth".

i heard an interview with -shawn mullins on the radio yesterday. he has a new album out and it sounds really good, my brother is a fan and i've heard quite a bit of his material working with my bro at his house. this new record is getting alot of attention because its really good and unfortunately he had a series of bad things happening right before its release. apparently he lost his mother, lost his dog which used to tour with him for 15yrs and his house was broken into and someone took his laptop with songs and favorite guitar. didnt hear the whole interview and dont know how much of the material relates to loss, but the few tracks i heard were impressive, a very good singer songwriter.

41IXwginGKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41N7YX5DCBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Believe it or not, this is only the second time I've listened to Accelerate since it's release.

I tend throw the Foghat Live into my stack for roadtrips but don't always get around to listening to it. This time it's inclusion was inspired by the recent Death & Taxes interview with Michael Stipe where he says their Fool For the City is one of the other records he bought on the same day he bought Patti Smith's Horses (the record that changed his life and made him decide he wanted to pursue music as a career). Why he's felt ashamed to admit to that for all of these years is anyone's guess. Being a Foghat fan is nothing to be embarrassed about.

The Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash

;)

"I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,

I was schooled with a strap right across my back"

Classic!

I'm listening to The Hellacopters - By The Grace Of God

bythegrace_lp1.jpg

"I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,

I was schooled with a strap right across my back"

Classic!

I'm listening to The Hellacopters - By The Grace Of God

bythegrace_lp1.jpg

:blush:

:lol:

When I'm listening to foreign music I take no notice of words, 'cause it's hard to understand them for me :blush:

Archived