What's Everyone Listening To?

Jahfin

I forget what the big songs were on that. Not one I own.

You have to get it. I have the album and the CD. Still trying to replace a lot of my albums with CD's but some are hard to find.

Although, it's nice to put a record on a turntable..even with the popping sound occasionaly still great..brings back a lot of treasured memories.

While I am happy with my life at almost 50, many times I wished I would have had more wisdom in the 70's. I would have went to more LZ concerts. I just thought they would be around much longer. While I totally understand why they dismantled and RESPECT them for their loyalty (unlike most other bands who were fighting within their bands), God how I wished they could do a concert (with Bonham's son on drums only) even if they limited it to just their loyal fans and did a more intimate one.

I wonder if they ever read any of our emails? If they ever do..

PLEASE DO ONE MORE SHOW FOR YOUR LOYAL FANS.

You have to get it. I have the album and the CD. Still trying to replace a lot of my albums with CD's but some are hard to find.

Although, it's nice to put a record on a turntable..even with the popping sound occasionaly still great..brings back a lot of treasured memories.

While I am happy with my life at almost 50, many times I wished I would have had more wisdom in the 70's. I would have went to more LZ concerts. I just thought they would be around much longer. While I totally understand why they dismantled and RESPECT them for their loyalty (unlike most other bands who were fighting within their bands), God how I wished they could do a concert (with Bonham's son on drums only) even if they limited it to just their loyal fans and did a more intimate one.

I wonder if they ever read any of our emails? If they ever do..

PLEASE DO ONE MORE SHOW FOR YOUR LOYAL FANS.

Hindsight is 20/20 and as much as it's tempting to look back and wish we'd do things different, I think all we can do is embrace what the good things were and learn from the things we weren't happy with.

I don't think they read the emails - I'm pretty certain they are very aware of the demand to tour from their fans ;)

461 Ocean Boulevard is one I still need to pick up. When I do it will most likely be the deluxe edition. The first disc includes five bonus tracks, the second is a compilation of live recordings from two Clapton concerts held at the Hammersmith Odeon on December 4th and 5th, 1974.

51RGF8TDDQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Disc 1

1. Motherless Children

2. Give Me Strength

3. Willie And The Hand Jive

4. Get Ready

5. I Shot The Sheriff

6. I Can't Hold Out

7. Please Be With Me

8. Let It Grow

9. Steady Rollin' Man

10. Mainline Florida

11. Walkin' Down The Road

12. Ain't That Lovin You

13. Meet Me (Down At The Bottom)

14. Eric After Hours Blues

15. B Minor Jam

Disc 2

1. Smile

2. Let It Grow

3. Can't Find My Way Home

4. I Shot The Sheriff

5. Tell The Truth

6. The Sky Is Crying / Have You Ever Loved A Woman / Rambling On My Mind

7. Little Wing

8. Singin' The Blues

9. Badge

10. Layla

11. Let It Rain

461 Ocean Boulevard is one I still need to pick up. When I do it will most likely be the deluxe edition. The first disc includes five bonus tracks, the second is a compilation of live recordings from two Clapton concerts held at the Hammersmith Odeon on December 4th and 5th, 1974.

51RGF8TDDQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Disc 1

1. Motherless Children

2. Give Me Strength

3. Willie And The Hand Jive

4. Get Ready

5. I Shot The Sheriff

6. I Can't Hold Out

7. Please Be With Me

8. Let It Grow

9. Steady Rollin' Man

10. Mainline Florida

11. Walkin' Down The Road

12. Ain't That Lovin You

13. Meet Me (Down At The Bottom)

14. Eric After Hours Blues

15. B Minor Jam

Disc 2

1. Smile

2. Let It Grow

3. Can't Find My Way Home

4. I Shot The Sheriff

5. Tell The Truth

6. The Sky Is Crying / Have You Ever Loved A Woman / Rambling On My Mind

7. Little Wing

8. Singin' The Blues

9. Badge

10. Layla

11. Let It Rain

Looks like a great disc! I don't have that album myself either.. But as the vinyl junky I am, I may go for a used vinyl copy of it instead.. LOL

I have been listening to various singles from my collection lately. I came home from Glasgow on Sunday night and am so happy I am back in Stockholm and my record collection!! WOOHOOO!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived