What's Everyone Listening To?

Jahfin

Listening to the earlier Radiohead albums (Pablo Honey, The Bends) and after that a swedish band called Dungen and their new album Skit I Allt.

Got turned onto Dungen earlier this year by a friend that recommended I catch their set during the Hopscotch Festival here in Raleigh. Good stuff.

31KKqlycdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Del Fuegos Boston, Mass

One of my absolute favorite albums from the 80s. This was released during the peak of what Steve Earle once called "the Great Roots-Rock Scare of the Late 80s". It was significant enough for The Gavin Report (a radio trade industry magazine similar to Billboard) to create a chart just for this kind of music back then.

41RASJE9R2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've held out for a very long time on buying any of Buffett's early records on CD in hopes that he'll finally see fit to release remastered, expanded versions of them someday but so far that hasn't happened. I figure once I acquire them all (at least everything up to and including Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes) he'll decide to put them out. In the meantime I'm enjoying listening to one of my all time favorite records (by Buffett or anyone else) in it's entirety for the first time in far too long.

A lot of people that like Captain Beyond's first album were disappointed when listening to their second effort Sufficiently Breathless

At first I was, but it grew on me. I still prefer the first overall, but there are some excellent songs on SB.

Archived