which night of EC is best?

cowbell666

I'm going to be downloading an Earl's Court boot, and since I don't want to download 5 shows, I wanted to know if there's one night that's really good compared to the others. or maybe i could do some mixing and matching of each night if particular songs are really good from one night. any suggestions?

I'm going to be downloading an Earl's Court boot, and since I don't want to download 5 shows, I wanted to know if there's one night that's really good compared to the others. or maybe i could do some mixing and matching of each night if particular songs are really good from one night. any suggestions?

the 25 has the best quality soundboard. The songs off the DVD are from the 25th, except IMTOD, thats the 24th.

The 24th and 25th have soundboard recordings, so as far as SQ they are the best. As far as performance, I prefer the 18th and the 25th.

I second that :D

Man the Band were really starting to tighten up after the first leg of the US and Earls Court. I would of liked to have seen just how good they would of sounded that summer in the US......

just think of all the extra literature that we would have in Zepelin books and the internet, with a good 25+ shows from the Summer of 75 to talk about and listen to.

what a shame :(

hey thanks guys. i got the May 25th show. it's pretty freaking awesome. my favorite part of the show is before Tangerine, Robert is hilarious,

"Hey Bonzo, do you remember your first love?"

Bonzo: "No!"

hahaha

oh yeah, in Tangerine, how come the 4 part harmony Robert keeps bragging about doesn't come into the mix? all i can hear is Robert. It just wasn't added into the mix? that's disappointing.

hey thanks guys. i got the May 25th show. it's pretty freaking awesome. my favorite part of the show is before Tangerine, Robert is hilarious,

"Hey Bonzo, do you remember your first love?"

Bonzo: "No!"

hahaha

oh yeah, in Tangerine, how come the 4 part harmony Robert keeps bragging about doesn't come into the mix? all i can hear is Robert. It just wasn't added into the mix? that's disappointing.

The 18th is the best version of Tangerine. You can hear them all.

24th or 25th for me. The 24th probably has one of the best Stairways they've ever performed and a pretty cool version of Dazed. The 25th has Heartbreaker and Communication Breakdown, both of which weren't performed on any of the previous nights.

24th or 25th for me. The 24th probably has one of the best Stairways they've ever performed and a pretty cool version of Dazed. The 25th has Heartbreaker and Communication Breakdown, both of which weren't performed on any of the previous nights.

I have to say STH on the 25th in better, IMO

Objectively the 25th sounds the best.

Subjectively I have to stick with the 24th cos i was there and my rose tinted glasses refuse to lessen in their rose tintedness.

Strangely I'll agree with you. Can't imagine why. :D

Last night of any tour they always seemed to give it all, Robert Plant always knew it didnt matter how much he over exerted, he didnt have another night to prepare for. I have the impression that Bonzo also left the best for last in Moby Dick. It was also the longest show and I was there. You can probably hear me as I cheered louder than anybody else!

Archived