Zeppelin on the Sopranos...

Wolfman

Was just watching a repeat of the episode where Christopher gets made...they are in a pizza parlor and you can hear "Rock and Roll" playing in the background....funny, I've watched every episode and I don't remember this...pretty cool that my fave band was on my fave show (well, sort of)

There was two more Zep sopranos moments that i have a hard time remembering,but

There was a episode, I think the one when johnny sack dies and they show this view of the Forrest before it went to credits. 3 seconds before the song started, i said out loud they should play that "pink floyd song", ( i was thinking of One of these days, but couldn't remember the title) and sure as shit, One of these days pops on, and i was besides myself. I had to call somebody like a 14 year old girl, and my father thought i was high after i talked to him.

I really miss that show, they should take entourage and make it a hour Long, bring back Lucky Louie and get rid of that piece of shit show, flight of the concords.

There was two more Zep sopranos moments that i have a hard time remembering,but

There was a episode, I think the one when johnny sack dies and they show this view of the Forrest before it went to credits. 3 seconds before the song started, i said out loud they should play that "pink floyd song", ( i was thinking of One of these days, but couldn't remember the title) and sure as shit, One of these days pops on, and i was besides myself. I had to call somebody like a 14 year old girl, and my father thought i was high after i talked to him.

I really miss that show, they should take entourage and make it a hour Long, bring back Lucky Louie and get rid of that piece of shit show, flight of the concords.

FLIGHT OF THE CONCORDS IS FUCKING GREAT MATE.

NZ HUMOR AT ITS BEST.

• 1 year later...

Was just watching a repeat of the episode where Christopher gets made...they are in a pizza parlor and you can hear "Rock and Roll" playing in the background....funny, I've watched every episode and I don't remember this...pretty cool that my fave band was on my fave show (well, sort of)

I remember that scene in the pizza parlor. If you are not paying close attention you can miss hearing "Rock and Roll" because it is played pretty faintly in the background when Christopher and Bennie walk into the pizza parlor. However, to me it is not too surprising because if you are a big fan of the Sopranos (like I am) then you would know that Tony Soprano seems to be a fan of "classic rock" radio. Later in the series, it is revealed that "Smoke on the Water" is one of his favorite songs.

I would bet that James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) is a fan of Led Zeppelin in real life. He was born in 1961 in New Jersey so that means he was a teenager when Led Zeppelin was touring in the mid 1970's. It could be possible that he even saw LZ at Madison Square Garden in 1975 or 1977. Of course this is just speculation on my part.

The episode of The Sopranos was titled Fortunate Son, episode 3 of season 3.

I just recieved The Sopranos box set, it comes with a bonus DVD on how the music was selected for the show. Led Zeppelin wasn't mentioned but David Chase mentioned that The Stones & Elvis Costello were his favorites to use during the episodes. David Chase chose the majority of the music allowing Steven Van Zant ("Silvio Dante") to pick songs occassionally like from E Street bandmate Nils Lofgren's solo work & some of the more obscure songs of the show. I bet he picked "World Destruction" from Africa Bambaata w/ John Lydon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived