the word" KARMA" and zepplin

scnappie

I remember during the seventies when zeppelin was in the peak of there careers .the word 'KARMA 'was used every time something happened to any of the band members ,when death .accidents etc struck the group !It was interesting that when jimmy broke his finger before the 02 concert; that i can't recall seeing the" k" word used even once during all the hipe leading up to the concert."My'; how times have changed as far as reporting/ publishing story's about bad karma and led zeppelin. Looks like the media has moved on from bashing jimmy and his occult dabbling and accepted that shit happens when shit happens.

I remember during the seventies when zeppelin was in the peak of there careers .the word 'KARMA 'was used every time something happened to any of the band members ,when death .accidents etc struck the group !It was interesting that when jimmy broke his finger before the 02 concert; that i can't recall seeing the" k" word used even once during all the hipe leading up to the concert."My'; how times have changed as far as reporting/ publishing story's about bad karma and led zeppelin. Looks like the media has moved on from bashing jimmy and his occult dabbling and accepted that shit happens when shit happens.

Because they knew how good it was going to be, and how huge it was, no-one dares to bash Zeppelin now. The critics have been proved wrong on every single criticism. Zeppelin = commercial? Look at all the sellout bands now, the Rolling Stones endless tours. Zeppelin = all hype. Hundreds of millions of record sales, and popularity which continues today, prove that Zeppelin had substance, where as other bands who the critics championed back in the 70s are currently residing in the "where are they now" files.

A critic who bashed Led Zeppelin these days would be asking for big trouble.

Because they knew how good it was going to be, and how huge it was, no-one dares to bash Zeppelin now. The critics have been proved wrong on every single criticism. Zeppelin = commercial? Look at all the sellout bands now, the Rolling Stones endless tours. Zeppelin = all hype. Hundreds of millions of record sales, and popularity which continues today, prove that Zeppelin had substance, where as other bands who the critics championed back in the 70s are currently residing in the "where are they now" files.

A critic who bashed Led Zeppelin these days would be asking for big trouble.

Yeah ;you're dead right ;during the seventies the media bashed led zep at any chance they could simply because of the growing "punk"scene and "new wave "music !;which in a way did zep a bit of a favour as it let the younger generation experiment with a new music .( ONLY TO GROW UP AND COME TO THERE SENSES) as although we've just gone tru a real "nasty" period with "RAP"which finally due to the 02 concert ;heard the return of the" MASTERS"thanks to the call of Ahmet Ertegun.Who could see that the world was bored shit less with "RAP"and the culture behind the crap "rap"music industry.Could "you" imagine going another DECADE of watching music awards on T.V with one (untalented/no talent required)section of so called artist's (retards)trying to take over the whole music industry,Ahmet Ertegun could see the music world needed a big shake up ;.and thanks again Ahmet Ertegun could see the only way was tru true musicians .luckily they heard the call and played .3 cheers for Ahmet Ertegun !"bring it back "bring it ,bring it, bring it, bring it back.

The O2 show, everything that surrounded it, all the press, all the anticipation, which was backed up by a great performance, proved that Zeppelin was and still is bigger and better than anyone.

With one show, they have re-defined rock music once again, proving that you can still rock at 60, and you can play loud, that you can look cool without looking undignified (see the Stones). They have also set a standard for live music shows which will be looked up to by every other live act. The light show and big screen were bigger and better than anyone has ever done before.

The Western World arguably became intrigued with karma thru The Beatles association with the Maharishi. John Lennon's 'Instant Karma' also became a big hit. Fortunately,

today many see the Maharishi as the snake oil salesman he was and use of the term karma has fallen out of fashion.

The Western World arguably became intrigued with karma thru The Beatles association with the Maharishi. John Lennon's 'Instant Karma' also became a big hit. Fortunately,

today many see the Maharishi as the snake oil salesman he was and use of the term karma has fallen out of fashion.

Dude you shouldn't have said that.......bad karma dude.

Dude you shouldn't have said that.......bad karma dude.

God

John Lennon

God is a concept

By which we measure

Our pain

I'll say it again

God is a concept

By which we measure

Our pain

I don't believe in magic

I don't believe in I-ching

I don't believe in Bible

I don't believe in tarot

I don't believe in Hitler

I don't believe in Jesus

I don't believe in Kennedy

I don't believe in Buddha

I don't believe in Mantra

I don't believe in Gita

I don't believe in Yoga

I don't believe in kings

I don't believe in Elvis

I don't believe in Zimmerman

I don't believe in Beatles

I just believe in me

Yoko and me

And that's reality

The dream is over

What can I say?

The dream is over

Yesterday

I was the Dreamweaver

But now I'm reborn

I was the Walrus

But now I'm John

And so dear friends

You'll just have to carry on

The dream is over

God

John Lennon

God is a concept

By which we measure

Our pain

I'll say it again

God is a concept

By which we measure

Our pain

I don't believe in magic

I don't believe in I-ching

I don't believe in Bible

I don't believe in tarot

I don't believe in Hitler

I don't believe in Jesus

I don't believe in Kennedy

I don't believe in Buddha

I don't believe in Mantra

I don't believe in Gita

I don't believe in Yoga

I don't believe in kings

I don't believe in Elvis

I don't believe in Zimmerman

I don't believe in Beatles

I just believe in me

Yoko and me

And that's reality

The dream is over

What can I say?

The dream is over

Yesterday

I was the Dreamweaver

But now I'm reborn

I was the Walrus

But now I'm John

And so dear friends

You'll just have to carry on

The dream is over

You know that would make a really good rap song. Just add "Yo, yo" to the start and "what" at the end of every line.

You know that would make a really good rap song. Just add "Yo, yo" to the start and "what" at the end of every line.

Why stop there. Corrupt and destroy all of mankind's inquistive, creative works and the devolution of our species will be assured. Dumb us all down to savages.

Why stop there. Corrupt and destroy all of mankind's inquistive, creative works and the devolution of our species will be assured. Dumb us all down to savages.

Yeah, thats what I'm talkin 'bout dawg.

Yeah, thats what I'm talkin 'bout dawg.

Thats the 'magic' word here "corruption" what industry awards artists with compleatly no talent,couldn't read music sheets (let alone even the basic's of reading and writing)etc these "Artists" GET GRAMMY AWARDS for what" talking fast ",shooting each other?.How long and how many songs do you have to produce/write, record before the music industry takes a group seriously and if your really ;really good not even get an award unless its a life time achievement award .yes the music industry is full of "corruption"!

what industry awards artists with compleatly no talent,couldn't read music sheets (let alone even the basic's of reading and writing)etc these "Artists" GET GRAMMY AWARDS for what" talking fast ",shooting each other?.How long and how many songs do you have to produce/write, record before the music industry takes a group seriously and if your really ;really good not even get an award unless its a life time achievement award .yes the music industry is full of "corruption"!

If I'm not mistaken, Zeppelin never got a Grammy during their tenure 68-80.

However I don't agree that being able to read and write music are criteria for whether someone is a good musician or not...Page was never a proficient reader of music.

If I'm not mistaken, Zeppelin never got a Grammy during their tenure 68-80.

However I don't agree that being able to read and write music are criteria for whether someone is a good musician or not...Page was never a proficient reader of music.

Thats exactly what i'm saying,Led Zepplin '"never" got a Grammy even after all that time! (12 years of classic music and songs)"Ok" maybe not "a proficient reader of music".but jimmy has proven even before led zep began that he had talent and his career wasn't built around "how many people have shot at him or a gang, low life past (latter on the death wish 2 etc Soundtrack was good tho)and i wouldn't say he was a fast talker which mean't that if /when he was sitting down with robert;WRITTING LYRICS. "Rap" wouldn't have even entered there mind's .they had too much class,knowledge and vocabulary skills to lower the standard of there songs.And so i say the music industry is corrupt and morally(PC) wrong for the lack of genuine artist's that deserve an award when an award is due.P.S " the topic started from karma; gone to corruption ,now P.C. Was that another part to the karma ?They've never been recognized (with a grammy award or equivalent award)during those 12 years of being together ,only after the band disbanded.Life time achievement awards are ok but waiting for someone to die and handing over an award to a persons children etc is a bit on the cheeky side.!Guilty Conscience maybe.

The word karma is not intrinsic to the Mahareshi, it isn't out of 'fashion' and it is still a concept many believe in - including myself.

In fact, if i didn't believe karma would have its way with half of the jerks in this world, I'd feel a lot more unsettled in life.

The word karma is not intrinsic to the Mahareshi, it isn't out of 'fashion' and it is still a concept many believe in - including myself.

In fact, if i didn't believe karma would have its way with half of the jerks in this world, I'd feel a lot more unsettled in life.

I think the concept itself is still in vogue but it's not being pushed so much as it was, by artists etc as a way of life....

Thank you, Steve. You have put all my thoughts regarding ©rap in words. B)

Archived