Charlton Heston Dead

The Rover

I loved The Ten Commanments. I am not a very religious person. I just loved Heston. He had a voice that just sucked you in. People paid to hear that voice.

Plus too historically he would stand up for women. I will have to look up that tidbit.

Peace be with you and yours.

Having read comments left by others on news sites across America I'm appalled at how his passing, much like every other event and issue in our society, has become just another political debate (and I use that term very loosely). I'm astonished at how few people are

able to formulate an independent viewpoint. I for one cannot wait for Apes to take over.

I second that brother. An I am not useing brother in a biblical sense. Let him and his family grieve in peace or get the fuck off the fence.

He was certainly a Hollywood Legend..

but is certainly overrated as an actor.

The ONLY thing that is certain.... is that He just Died.

Try not to piss on his grave just yet.... I don't think he's even been buried yet. <_<

He was certainly a Hollywood Legend..

but is certainly overrated as an actor.

Acting has changed...he might not be a good actor by today's standards, but you have to look at it in context....

Charlton Heston was a great actor from a time in Hollywood when it was more important to be entertained by a film than preached at. He was also a great American standing up for American rights, which included the right to life (anti-abortion) and the right to bear arms... Although Hollywood scorned him and ridiculed for being a stand up guy and right thinking. When George Clooney said Heston deserved to have Alzheimers disease because of his stand on gun rights, Heston only responded with grace in his typical fashion. Saying he felt sorry for Clooney since even Clooney stood as much of a chance as getting Alzheimers diease as anyone.

We will miss you Chuck for all the great films you gave us and for your endearing smile and grace.

May you rest in peace.

He was a man's man, in the straight sense, and is greatly missed. I always had respect for him, and was sad to hear of his passing. There weren't many like him, and fewer still as one day fades into another, and another.

He was also a great American standing up for American rights, which included the right to life (anti-abortion)

Hmmm I didn't know that. Figures though. That normally goes hand in hand with gun rights LOL.

Shame he was against a woman's right for CHOICE. :angry:

Still RIP again. I did like him as a movie star. So glad he didn't get the role of Chief Brody in Jaws though (which he wanted).

Charlton Heston was absolutely one of Hollywoods legendary actors. He came from a completely different time and Hollywood was entirely different then. Whether or not everyone has the same opinion about him as a person or an actor is beside the point. My condolences to his family and friends.

The ONLY thing that is certain.... is that He just Died.

Try not to piss on his grave just yet.... I don't think he's even been buried yet. <_<

relax playa, I wasn't showing any disrespect. I grew up watching his stuff like everyone else.

RIP Chuck

I particularly like him in The Naked Jungle

51CC429TXML._AA280_.jpg

Now there's one I haven't seen in years. :huh: Time for Netflix!! :)

I remember the heartbreaking scene in Ben Hur when he saw his Mother and Sister in the leper colony. :(

R.I.P. Mr. Heston....I hope you meet up with my favourite actor Mr. Vincent Price and carry on the good job of REAL acting.

My fave movies with CH are THE OMEGA MAN (I had nitemares with those albinos for years as a kid!!), PLANET OF THE APES and BEN-HUR.

The-Omega-Man-Poster.jpg

CHARLTONHESTONinBenHur.jpg

Here's the vid of THE OMEGA MAN............scary stuff! :)

I've paid my homage to Mr. Heston here....

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?p...p;GRid=25772172

Here's the vid of THE OMEGA MAN............scary stuff! :)

Yeah, that was a weird one. He was a bad ass in Soylent Green. B)

Touch Of Evil (1958) was a good one too. Orson Welles was fat and disgusting in it. :D

Archived