Peak of Live Performances

Overall I think I'd have to say that 1972 was the best in terms of skill. But I would have rather seen 1979 based on the songs they had to choose from. Sheesh, I guess I could have saved you all some time and just said that in the first place........

Overall I think I'd have to say that 1972 was the best in terms of skill. But I would have rather seen 1979 based on the songs they had to choose from. Sheesh, I guess I could have saved you all some time and just said that in the first place........

The more I watch the Knebworth shows, the more i'm impressed by how well they played.

In light of the layoff because of Plant's tragedy, and Page and Bonzo's vices, I thought all ingredients were in the pot here. The sound was fantastic and the group was firing on all cylinders, especially on Kasmir

Agreed, the Knebworth show (at least the points gathered for the DVD) were fantastic. Some of it was hit or miss. Achilles Last Stand is the one that jumps out the most to me on that. Page apparently doesn't like ALS live because he thinks the song sounds bad with just one guitar. I thought that performance really captured a sense of urgency. Almost like a race against fate. Nobody's Fault But Mine was fantastic as well.

Archived