Jimmy (or others) speaking at shows

mos6507

Could someone document the dates in which bandmembers other than Robert address the audience? I know Jimmy started announcing songs in 1980. Prior to that I think there may have only been a couple times when Jimmy took the mic, and only when the crowd got rowdy.

Jimmy, from 6/29/1980 Zurich, after Nobody's Fault But Mine...

"Good evening. I said GOOD EVENING! Yeah, right, right, right, right. Well you may have noticed that I took me glasses off so that I could see the guitar a bit better and see you a bit better to, yeah, right, right. Ok, we've got an old one. I don't know if you can remember it, it's quite an old one. It's called "Black Dog"

John Bonhams introduction of Robert Plant durring HMMT at the Rockpile on August 18th 1969. is classic :D

this show is at DAD right now if you would like to have it....one of the greatest performances ever!

Excellent question! I first encountered Page speaking at the Arms festival in 1983. I had never herd him speak prior to that show that I had also attended. I owned a large collection of bootlegs in which Plant, Bonham and Jones all spoke; Only one boot that I have to this day, one of my favorite, has Page audibly speaking or shouting rather after " I can't quit You babe". This would be Zeppelin live at the fillmore west april 27th 1969. What a great question!

Excellent question! I first encountered Page speaking at the Arms festival in 1983. I had never herd him speak prior to that show that I had also attended. I owned a large collection of bootlegs in which Plant, Bonham and Jones all spoke; Only one boot that I have to this day, one of my favorite, has Page audibly speaking or shouting rather after " I can't quit You babe". This would be Zeppelin live at the fillmore west april 27th 1969. What a great question!

Wait, when did Jonesy speak?

Sometimes when singing Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, Bonzo would say his dog's name. I can't remember what it was though.

It was Robert's dog, and it's Stryder....and I do believe that, generally, Robert is the one who says it as the final lyric.

It was Robert's dog, and it's Strider....and I do believe that, generally, Robert is the one who says it as the final lyric.

Bonzo would also say his dog's name while Robert said Stryder. Should have made that more clear. It wasn't in a lot of shows. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

Bonzo would also say his dog's name while Robert said Stryder. Should have made that more clear. It wasn't in a lot of shows. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

Righteous. :beer: Now I have to sift through my shows and find when. Also, I can't believe I misspelled Stryder. That must be fixed pronto.

Righteous. :beer: Now I have to sift through my shows and find when. Also, I can't believe I misspelled Stryder. That must be fixed pronto.

I'm thinking it was in 77 but I'm not 100% sure. They didn't really play that song in too many years. 72, 73, 77, 75(EC only). That's really about it.

Archived