Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - Shake My Tree - 5/1/95 Milwaukee

thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks.

:D

Jimmy never got the chance to take the C/P stuff on tour in the US so Robert is clearly throwing him a bone here, with Jimmy returning the favor with Calling to You.

I wonder how that worked.

Plant doesn't look thrilled to be singing a Coverdale song,

even though it is a good one, and he does a good version of it.

The guitar part was written at the time of In Through The Outdoor.

Page & Plant later dropped Shake My Tree from the set.

The guitar part was written at the time of In Through The Outdoor.

Didn't know that...not surprising though cause it would have an amazing Zeppelin track.

It's a great song and Robert puts his own spin on it. (as always) There's another clip of that same show where they are covering The Cure's 'Lulluby' That's also a great version.

i was really, really into the coverdale/page album seeing that it was the newest stuff from page at the time. i thought the album was great, and i still listen to it today.

in march of 95 i saw page/plant in miami, and man did i go wild when the opening riff of that song kicked in. i couldn't believe it! and we all had been hearing the whole "david coverplant" comments going on and i never thought they would ever play a c/p song. i thought it was great. incidentally, the calling to you renditions on that tour were incredible too.

• 12 years later...