Meanings in Led Zep songs

the piper

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Your entitled to your belief! It is everyone's brithright to believe in what they so choose.

I just wanted to add. We all have the right to assign our own interpretations..as we all should do with our own dreams. But that doesnt mean if one sees a cat that they can start calling it a dog....or visa versa, it is what it is. One can try and understand or not...that too is a personal choice.

We're not in disagreement over the symbology used, rather the intent behind the use

of said symbology. Sometimes words have two meanings, and symbols too.

Lyrics mean nothing more than what you take from them. To be forced into "this means that', and "that means this", is rediculous. Why do people read books other than to fantasize and let a story take them into a place within their own heads. Each reader in a different place. Sure the author sets the scene, but the imagry will vary from person to person.

Personally, Zep's lyrics mean nothing to me. I take roberts voice as an istrument and blend it with the others. What he's saying......I could care less. It's music. It's not political, it's sexy, it's mysterious, it's foggy. To try and read into some deep dark meaning will lead you into a place all by yourself. As you yourself have your own interpretation based on your own innerworkings. (and to include his body language in conjuction to the lyrics is even crazier IMO) he's a rockstar striking a pose, not Shakespeare. I think people give rock singers a tad too much credit for being some kind of genius lyricists. Many are clever, but no geniuses. Oftentimes it's nothing more than words that rhyme, filled in with a made up story about nothing. Of course they'll never come out and tell you that. They want to remain mysterious. :huh:

some of this thread reminds me of the bible thumpers that frequented the parking lots of big concerts in the 80's...handing out flyers telling you that The Wall and other popular albums were actually a Christian message..... making a song by song lyrical synopsis connecting each with passages of the bible. It was a fucking joke!

What I LOVE about Zep songs is you (at least I) can get a different meaning from the same song depending on whats going on in my life, my mood etc. Sometime's I can hear a song & out of no where I can hear an "answer" to what may be troubling me at the time.

• 2 months later...
Oh sure, it must have been brutal for them. Sleep in til 4pm, wake up next to Lori Lightning, play the Forum, meet Bebe Buell backstage, hang out at the Rainbow

till dawn. Return to Lori. Get said lemon squeezed. :)

Lori Lightning aka: Lori Maddox

I used to have a neighbor who was a retired Los Angeles County vice detective and according to him Lori Maddox was interviewed at the West Hollywood Sheriffs station about possible rape charges against certain members of 'a famous rock and roll group' back in the 1970's at the request of another young girl's parents. Apperently the District Attorney's office was interested in seeking charges against certain person(s), but this Maddox girl was deemed to be either uncooperative, or as he put it "very strange." No charges were filed, but the investigation did not end there. My neighbor said that the then current Sherriff of Los Angeles County (Peter Pitchess) was seeking re-election for his office and wanted a high profile case to get public attention. According to my neighbor, "the Led Zeppelin rock and roll band was of extreme interest to Sheriff Pitchess", but they could not find any witnesses who were reliable.

Archived