Documentary Jimmy is talking about in new Uncut

aen27

Does anyone know any more information about this documentary that Jimmy talks about in his Uncut Interview that has some of his new music? It also has Jack White and the Edge. I don't know if this was discussed somewhere else.

Does anyone know any more information about this documentary that Jimmy talks about in his Uncut Interview that has some of his new music? It also has Jack White and the Edge. I don't know if this was discussed somewhere else.

I havn't heard about this, can you please post a scan/quote?

I havn't heard about this, can you please post a scan/quote?

I started a topic here, which includes the relevent quotes from the interview, but no one seems to know any more about it so far. As I said on that thread, I would have thought this would be huge news on Zep forums, especially as Jimmy says he plays some of his new stuff in the documentary.

Any of the Zep experts on here able to help?

Why not?

And if not, then, what documentary is it?

Well, the quotes from Jimmy talk about him, The Edge and Jack White - "three generations of guitar players... you got it." And he talks about playing some of his new stuff for the documentary.

That doesn't really point to a mass collection of guitarists from all over the shop getting together to play standards.

I dunno, I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem to add up, especially as none of the stuff I've read about "Guitar Man" even mentions any of those three players.

Well, the quotes from Jimmy talk about him, The Edge and Jack White - "three generations of guitar players... you got it." And he talks about playing some of his new stuff for the documentary.

That doesn't really point to a mass collection of guitarists from all over the shop getting together to play standards.

I dunno, I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem to add up, especially as none of the stuff I've read about "Guitar Man" even mentions any of those three players.

Good point. I guess all will be revealed... eventually.

IMDB isn't an official site and is often inaccurate, so the cast list there may not be fully u to date. Other than that, I can't find any mentions of Page connected to any films coming up...

• 3 weeks later...

"Seven Years On The Couch"

The film's title was inspired by "Seven Years In Tibet" and basically it's about an old English rock guitarist who sets aside his passion for music to raise his family. Jack

White plays the part of the hip neighbor next door who rekindles his enthusiasm to

make music once again.

"Seven Years On The Couch"

The film's title was inspired by "Seven Years In Tibet" and basically it's about an old English rock guitarist who sets aside his passion for music to raise his family. Jack

White plays the part of the hip neighbor next door who rekindles his enthusiasm to

make music once again.

:D

I'd go see that.

• 2 weeks later...

Eureka! From today's Variety:

'LOUD' ROCKS GUITAR DOCUMENTARY

Davis Guggenheim to unveil film at Cannes

By PHIL GALLO

Posted: Mon., May 5, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Davis Guggenheim has completed filming on a documentary that will look at the story of the electric guitar from the point of view of three significant rock musicians: the Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White.

Guggenheim, director-producer of "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Deadwood," directed and co-produced "It Might Get Loud," which Thomas Tull financed and produced. The Little Film Co. will represent the pic in Cannes.

Led Zeppelin's Page, U2's the Edge and White, leader of the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, were chosen for their impact across three different generations -- from Page's 1960s days as a session musician and a member of the Yardbirds into the Edge's unique sound developed in the '80s through White's current work. Each explains and demonstrates how he changed the sound of the electric guitar to suit his own style. Pic includes a jam session featuring the three guitarists.

Pic was shot in London, Dublin, Nashville and Los Angeles. Bert Ellice and Hyperion Entertainment are exec producers; music supervisor Peter Afterman of Inaudible and Lesley Chilcott, a producer on "An Inconvenient Truth," are also producers.

Eureka! From today's Variety:

'LOUD' ROCKS GUITAR DOCUMENTARY

Davis Guggenheim to unveil film at Cannes

By PHIL GALLO

Posted: Mon., May 5, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Davis Guggenheim has completed filming on a documentary that will look at the story of the electric guitar from the point of view of three significant rock musicians: the Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White.

Guggenheim, director-producer of "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Deadwood," directed and co-produced "It Might Get Loud," which Thomas Tull financed and produced. The Little Film Co. will represent the pic in Cannes.

Led Zeppelin's Page, U2's the Edge and White, leader of the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, were chosen for their impact across three different generations -- from Page's 1960s days as a session musician and a member of the Yardbirds into the Edge's unique sound developed in the '80s through White's current work. Each explains and demonstrates how he changed the sound of the electric guitar to suit his own style. Pic includes a jam session featuring the three guitarists.

Pic was shot in London, Dublin, Nashville and Los Angeles. Bert Ellice and Hyperion Entertainment are exec producers; music supervisor Peter Afterman of Inaudible and Lesley Chilcott, a producer on "An Inconvenient Truth," are also producers.

Wow

Thanks for posting the info Allison, sounds really exciting. Maybe Jimmy will be at the premiere?

And we could see those Ross Halfin shots on the cover of a film magazine! ;):)

Thanks for posting the info Allison, sounds really exciting. Maybe Jimmy will be at the premiere?

And we could see those Ross Halfin shots on the cover of a film magazine! ;):)

Just what I was thinking! I wish I could go to Cannes....

Here's hoping it's out quickly.

The press release said it was 'finished filming' so that means there will be at least a few months for post-production. Then the question is what sort of release it will get - theatrical, festivals, TV or what? Gugenheim is a good director so it should be interesting.

The press release said it was 'finished filming' so that means there will be at least a few months for post-production. Then the question is what sort of release it will get - theatrical, festivals, TV or what? Gugenheim is a good director so it should be interesting.

From Wiki: "The 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival will be held 14 to 25 May 2008."

So, presumably, it will be ready for showing in just over a week's time.

Don't know how long films take to go to general release after these sort of preview showings though.

From Wiki: "The 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival will be held 14 to 25 May 2008."

Don't know how long films take to go to general release after these sort of preview showings though.

They could be trying to sell it at Cannes, so at this stage distribution could be uncertain.

Well I don't think it will be a wide-release. It will probably be an indie/documentary-type release and could only be seen in NY and LA. I hope that a more general indie release will make its way to Houston and other larger cities so that more people can have a chance to see it. One other option will be the Sundance and IFC TV channels. They are starting to show indie films very close to release.

One other option will be the Sundance and IFC TV channels. They are starting to show indie films very close to release.

Exactly. I just saw Neil Cassady on pay-per-view and that debuted at the Woodstock Film Festival in October of 2007. I'm not sure how long it has been available for.

I work at IFC and haven't heard anything, but it is probably screening at Cannes to pick up distribution. Am sure it will get picked up pretty quickly and hope it is us!

Very cool... please let us know what happens, if you are able. Or maybe webmaster Sam will keep us in the loop?

"Deadwood" was a great show... this sounds wonderful!

Archived