Documentary Jimmy is talking about in new Uncut

aen27

Great scoop Allison. Can't wait to see this one. We should find out how good the flick is and what kind of buildup it gets when it premieres at Cannes. Does anyone know if Jimmy was shot by Ross for Premiere Magazine?

Well I don't think it will be a wide-release. It will probably be an indie/documentary-type release and could only be seen in NY and LA. I hope that a more general indie release will make its way to Houston and other larger cities so that more people can have a chance to see it. One other option will be the Sundance and IFC TV channels. They are starting to show indie films very close to release.

There is also a country called "The Rest of the World" and I hope it gets released there too.

There is also a country called "The Rest of the World" and I hope it gets released there too.

You know you could contribute by offering up some possible indie outlets in the Outback as opposed to just being a moron.

You know you could contribute by offering up some possible indie outlets in the Outback as opposed to just being a moron.

You are assuming that the distribution/exhibition system is the same here as it is where you are from. It's not.

You are assuming that the distribution/exhibition system is the same here as it is where you are from. It's not.

Exactly! Great! I didn't know that... please let us know how this movie might be seen in Australia.

That is what I was saying... don't just insult me because I didn't talk about anything outside of the U.S. for this movie. I didn't mention anything outside of the U.S. because I don't know how indie movies are handled outside of the U.S. If I came across as dismissive to other countries, that wasn't my intention, but frankly how this movie might be seen in Australia is something I know nothing about... Please enlighten us!

Exactly! Great! I didn't know that... please let us know how this movie might be seen in Australia.

That is what I was saying... don't just insult me because I didn't talk about anything outside of the U.S. for this movie. I didn't mention anything outside of the U.S. because I don't know how indie movies are handled outside of the U.S. If I came across as dismissive to other countries, that wasn't my intention, but frankly how this movie might be seen in Australia is something I know nothing about... Please enlighten us!

Don't complain about being insulted when your first response to me was aggressive and you continued to put down my country. If you put out bad vibes, you get them back.

The simple answer is it probably won't get a release theatrically here. If it does it would be extremely limited, maybe 3 screens in Sydney, not sure about other major cities. Documentaries are a niche market with limited appeal, and this one even more so as many people won't have a clue who Jimmy Page or Jack White are.

Our best hopes for seeing it here are a DVD release.

They could be trying to sell it at Cannes, so at this stage distribution could be uncertain.

The film will include an extended jam session featuring all three guitar legends.

The documentary will premiere at The Festival de Cannes which will be held during the 14th - 25th of May 2008.

A distribution deal for the documentary has not yet been announced.

The film will include an extended jam session featuring all three guitar legends.

The documentary will premiere at The Festival de Cannes which will be held during the 14th - 25th of May 2008.

My husband and I are really looking forward to this! :D

Don't complain about being insulted when your first response to me was aggressive and you continued to put down my country. If you put out bad vibes, you get them back.

The simple answer is it probably won't get a release theatrically here. If it does it would be extremely limited, maybe 3 screens in Sydney, not sure about other major cities. Documentaries are a niche market with limited appeal, and this one even more so as many people won't have a clue who Jimmy Page or Jack White are.

Our best hopes for seeing it here are a DVD release.

I never said anything bad about your country... go back and read. In fact I love your country and plan on visiting it again!!! I'm waving the truce flag!

Here's hoping a limited realease or a DVD makes it to you guys in short time!

I wonder if the film will also include some performance footage of Zeppelin from the O2? I suppose it's a possiblility.

Generally the way rights are negotiated they will have film festival rights for the world and depending on the budget and music, negotiate all the other rights and then hope a distributor will pick up the bill. The production company usually pays the initial Festival rights so if you live near a place that has a major festival in the next year, you could see it. Otherwise we'll all be catching it on DVD as theatrical release is very unlikely.

Generally the way rights are negotiated they will have film festival rights for the world and depending on the budget and music, negotiate all the other rights and then hope a distributor will pick up the bill. The production company usually pays the initial Festival rights so if you live near a place that has a major festival in the next year, you could see it. Otherwise we'll all be catching it on DVD as theatrical release is very unlikely.

Sorry but who is 'they'?

How would this affect it being shown on IFC and/or the Sundance channel?

Great scoop Allison.

It is indeed -- brava, Allison! The film sounds really interesting - particularly the idea of a jam session between Pagey, the Edge and Jack White. They're so different as players, it could be cacaphony...

How would this affect it being shown on IFC and/or the Sundance channel?

The idea is, they are at Cannes to try and sell the film to any distributor who is interested - that would include those which you mentioned. However it can get complicated, as if for example a distributor picks up theatrical rights for the USA, generally the deal with any TV would stipulate they cannot play it until the theatrical run is over. Also, the company who picks up DVD rights may not be happy with it being played on TV...it's a complex business.

Thanks for posting the info Allison, sounds really exciting. Maybe Jimmy will be at the premiere?

And we could see those Ross Halfin shots on the cover of a film magazine! ;):)

I saw the cover and am glad to see a smiling Jimmy with a guitar rather than the "hard ass" scowl, which doesn't become him, IMHO.

I saw the cover and am glad to see a smiling Jimmy with a guitar rather than the "hard ass" scowl, which doesn't become him, IMHO.

Where did you see the cover? And for which mag?

I wondered about that as well. I googled the film title and every blurb I found mentioned only the Yardbirds and not Zep.

I found Zep being mentioned on the write up on jimmypageonline.com.

Archived