The Car Thread

eagle87

Well I know that you maybe already talk something about this in others Threads, but this one is only for cars (especialy forJafhin)

This is Car Talk.

What is your favourite?

Do you like F1?

Nascar?

Monster Jam?

Tracks fan?

Well, im fan of F1. And my favourite is K.Raikkonen before and now with Ferrari. 2202006120541PM_15.jpg

Now about the best car, for me is: VoloCharger.jpg

Or...

1970_ford_mustang_mach1.jpg

Clasic Style...

And if you are a Monster Jam fan...

samson_1010605.JPG

So This is the Pit Stop for talk about Car Love...

Lets take the road..

The only old car I was ever interested in owning....'64 T-Bird

1965.JPG

Wrap-around back seat....aviator control knobs....and those very cool tail lights that blinked in sequence.

My first car.....'73 Cutlass Supreme

chambles731.gif

Bought it off the back row of a used car lot. Within three months I had to rebuild the engine and put a trans in. :angry:

My wost car.....'85 Fiero GT

ym2024.jpg

The last thing I remember was hitting the dirtpile and being up on the two passenger side wheels. This lasted so long that I was actually trying to lean over to the passenger side trying to get the car back down.....right out of "Diamonds are Forever". The only redeeming quality this piece of junk had was a row-bar above the back window. The only compact that had one. If that wasn't there, I wouldn't be.

It was so bizarre.....the radiator was in the front, but the water pump was in the back with the engine. Everytime I checked the radiator water level it was down, so I'd fill it up.....EVERY DAY !! LOl....we never did figure out where it was all going. Maybe it was a steam engine ? Damn car is probably worth more now than when I bought it.

My current car:

Myhonda.jpg

1997 Honda Accord--the best damned car I've ever owned. I still love it.

Cars I wish I could have but can't:

1968_Camaro.jpg

1968 Camaro...

lg_TL1.jpg

2008 Acura TL (wish there was a hybrid)

accord_coupe_honda_maryland.jpg

2008 2-door Honda Accord (wish this had a spoiler, was blue and I wan ta V6 and I also wish they still made hybrids....)

My first car was a 1979 Toyota Corolla. It looked a LOT like the one in this picture, but it had a thick blue stripe that ran up the fender and down to the back, right under the window. Mine was a 2-door and it had vinyl floors and seats. I used to take it to the carwash and hose it out if I dumped pop in it. I drove this for 3 years.

It looked more like Red and Kitty's orange car on That 70's Show than the one in this picture, but mine was white.

toyota.jpg

My second car was this one, a 1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R. It was a total pile of crap, even though it was only 5 years old when I bought it. I totalled it, and it was a blessing. (looked like a cute car though) This one was almost exactly like the one in the picture except I had some stupid graphics on the side. I drove this for 11 months.

nissansentraser1991front1.jpg

My third car was a 1986 Mazda 626. I loved that car, even though it was 14 years old when I bought it. It was fast and ran really well. The only thing I had to do to that $1,500 car was put new tires on it and replace the clutch (which was so bad that I was the only one that could drive it for about a year...LOL). Mine looked just like this one except mine was a 2-door and had the license plate in my siggy on it...(the license plate was on the car in the picture). I drove this for three years.

626.jpg

My mom told me I could have a newer car that had less miles on it and working a/c if I signed over the Mazda to my sister. Dumbest trade I ever did. I got a 1991 Ford Temp in return.

WORST CAR EVER! I'm serious. It was also the first automatic I ever had. IN comparison to the Nissan and the Mazda, this thing had NO balls. When I first got it, I'd pull out in front of someone and realize that it wouldn't accelerate at a normal rate, so the person on the road had to hit their brakes. If anyone ever slowed down on the freeway on-ramp, I'd have to merge going 40. It had a problem that no one ever figured out. It wouldn't start 1/2 of the time. I don't know why...I sold it for $1,500 when I bought my Accord in 2005. Lo and behold...the Tempo, (mine had red interior and a weird rack thingy on the trunk):

tempo1.jpg

Best car ever and my current car:

My 1997 Honda Accord LX. I bought it in 2005 with 90,000 miles on it for $5,900. Still books at high at $5,900 and middle at $5,100. I've definitely gotten my money outta this one. I haven't' had to do anything but put gas in it and change the oil.

My only wish was that it was shinier like the brand-new ones, LOL.

Myhonda.jpg

Wow.

I need to go to bed or something. I can't believe how much time I've wasted telling everyone and their dog my car life story, LOL.

chambles731.gif

Bought it off the back row of a used car lot. Within three months I had to rebuild the engine and put a trans in. :angry:

My first car was a 66 Olds Cutlass with a 400cu engine. I paid $500 bucks for it, drove it three years and sold it for $450 (the guy who bought it pulled the engine out and built it up for his racing boat).

I loved that car, and still have dreams about finding it again and having one more chance to drive it.

cardrive1.jpg

2008 Acura TL (wish there was a hybrid)

2008 2-door Honda Accord (wish this had a spoiler, was blue and I wan ta V6 and I also wish they still made hybrids....)

What, are you insane or something Manders? Hybrid cars are way overpriced and will end up costing you more money than what you save in fuel. (Why do you think they are discontinuing them in several models?) If it wasn't for the Federal tax credit most people would not even consider paying that kind of money for those things.

Buy a 'regular car' that doesn't need a new four thousand dollar battery after every 75K miles.

fordwagon.jpg

I bet a lot of people in their 40's and 50's drove the family station wagon as their first car. I was the only one of my siblings who didn't. I was the youngest, so the folks didn't need one by the time I started to drive. One of my favorite laughs on "The 70's Show" was the Foreman Vista Cruiser with the funky sky windows. That's some classic 70's pimping....especially at the Drive-In.

First car. Drove it until it had 289000 on it. Fun to drive.

digiads_car_ads_96183_1.jpg

@@@

The most fun car to drive I've ever owned. Was I nightmare to work on though. I put a trasnmission, clutch, pressure plate and all in it and the way they are fitted in was, well let's say "interesting." I sold it after it was stolen for the 7th time and I put a steering column in it, new power windows, and the new Whales Tail. The new "Tail" was 2200, ouchie. Fun to drive but an engineering nightmare. Went with a new Honda Civic afterwards. The GT's did 155 out of the factory.

white1.jpg

The only old car I was ever interested in owning....'64 T-Bird

1965.JPG

Wrap-around back seat....aviator control knobs....and those very cool tail lights that blinked in sequence.

chambles731.gif

My wost car.....'85 Fiero GT

ym2024.jpg

The last thing I remember was hitting the dirtpile and being up on the two passenger side wheels. This lasted so long that I was actually trying to lean over to the passenger side trying to get the car back down.....right out of "Diamonds are Forever". The only redeeming quality this piece of junk had was a row-bar above the back window. The only compact that had one. If that wasn't there, I wouldn't be.

It was so bizarre.....the radiator was in the front, but the water pump was in the back with the engine. Everytime I checked the radiator water level it was down, so I'd fill it up.....EVERY DAY !! LOl....we never did figure out where it was all going. Maybe it was a steam engine ? Damn car is probably worth more now than when I bought it.

Was your Fiero GT recalled twice? I kept getting recall paperwork on it, even though it was fixed and they were told. Something about the firewall and it catching on fire lol. Would be fitting though the cars name means "Fire." Still the thing would hold the road like nothing else lol.

I thought it was fun to drive anyways.

Was your Fiero GT recalled twice? I kept getting recall paperwork on it, even though it was fixed and they were told. Something about the firewall and it catching on fire lol. Would be fitting though the cars name means "Fire." Still the thing would hold the road like nothing else lol.

I thought it was fun to drive anyways.

Not sure. I bought it used (year old). How about those lousy headlights ? I changed each motor, and within three months I'd have to pop the hood every day to shut one of them, and if it rained, forget about it. I'd have to spin the top of the motor until they caught. Seems every Fiero on the road was winking at you. Liked the speakers in the headrests. Shifting was bulky as hell. Considering it didn't have a backseat, you could misplace a lot of shit in that car. Drove it nonstop to Florida once, and left my ass somewhere in Georgia.

What, are you insane or something Manders? Hybrid cars are way overpriced and will end up costing you more money than what you save in fuel. (Why do you think they are discontinuing them in several models?) If it wasn't for the Federal tax credit most people would not even consider paying that kind of money for those things.

Buy a 'regular car' that doesn't need a new four thousand dollar battery after every 75K miles.

But I see you agree with me on the Honda/Acura.... :D

Archived