The Car Thread

eagle87

Lucky. Yeah they like those, and I like them too because it's such a thuggish car like a 62 impala or a 96'. is your 78' powder blue?

Nah, it's copper colored. A little body work and a paint job and it'd look really nice.

Passengers don't like it though because you can't roll the back windows down.

Bonneville on a jet bicycle.

:blink::o:huh::D

I saw a harley chick do the same exact thing when she told me to kiss her ass, and right when the bitch slap her ass, the guy took off and she fell off. LOL

Lot of good the helmet did her arms, hands, knees, elbows and toes. :D

I was thinking about buying a Harley, but i have enough toys. But the guys at work would all leave the jobsite with boots, socks and cutoff jeans. Thats it, no fucking shirt. while riding thier hogs.

One case of roadrash will change that. :D

V-Rod does grow on ya. I was considering the wide glide and the wife was considering a lexus so I bought the sportster and she got a honda suv :lol:

LOL

Great compromise.

I'd never end up with a car in a compromise, I envy Mrs. Dzldoc. :lol:

We would have ended up with a V-rod.

But I see you agree with me on the Honda/Acura.... :D

Yes but not a hybrid. I own two Hondas, a 1990 Accord and a 2005 Accord. The 90 has over 250k miles on it. Bought it used for 3000 dollars and has been worth every cent. I use that as my commuter car. My wife has the 2005 Honda that she drives to work. We just took it on a 2000 mile road trip loaded with luggage and three people (my son is 6'6" and I am pretty tall too) and had no problems on mountain grades and muddy dirt roads. AND THAT IS THE FOUR CYLINDER MODEL! Trust me when I say you don't need the more expensive, and fuel consuming, six cylinder model.

I would recommend the Honda Accord or Honda Civic over ALL other similar model/brand cars for economy, low maintenance and overall reliability. This is a car that while costing more new than a Saturn or other 'economy' cars. Will save you money over the life (15-20 years, no kidding) of the vehicle.

I plan to buy a Civic coupe in the next couple of months and passing the 1990 on to my son.

The brand new Accords don't get that great of gas mileage.

They discontinued the hybrids because they were only getting 35 miles to the gallon.

I want a hybrid because 1. I hate stopping to get gas and 2. I want to decrease my dependence on foreign oil (and all of Boise's gas stations are fed by foreign oil) 3. not to mention the fact that hybrids have less emmissions

The brand new Accords don't get that great of gas mileage.

They discontinued the hybrids because they were only getting 35 miles to the gallon.

I want a hybrid because 1. I hate stopping to get gas and 2. I want to decrease my dependence on foreign oil (and all of Boise's gas stations are fed by foreign oil) 3. not to mention the fact that hybrids have less emmissions

Most of our oil here in the United States comes from Canada and Mexico. So I guess if decreasing oil imports from our North American trading partners is important to you... then okay. But if we allowed oil companies to drill more oil in this country, then that might really lesson any amount of MID-EAST OIL that we currently use. But people need to ask themselves which is more important, a few Alaskan ELk having to look at pipelines, or continued presense in the Middle East?

Besides, what happens to the batteries from those Hybrids when you are done with them? Isn't that a different kind of enviromental hazard? I live in SoCal, and our air qualitiy is much better than it was 30 years ago, with probably 2-3 times more cars on the road. I believe that emmission standards are already pretty good.

Not trying to create a huge debate here, but I still don't see the plus side for owning a hybrid car. A lot of people in the Los Angeles area bought them because they could be driven in the 'carpool lanes.' But even that law has been changed, and no more permits are being sold for owning a hybrid car. In my opinion, vehicle emmission reductions are much more realized by carpoolling and using public transportation. Not through putting more individual drivers in their own cars... no matter how they are powered.

Hybrid cars are only a status symbol for some people. Logically, their impact on improving the enviroment is nothing as long as there is a cheaper economic alternative. But then I'm pretty jaded I guess. I would probably drive a car that ran on whale oil of they made one. :lol:

I would probably drive a car that ran on whale oil if they made one. :lol:

The next best thing maybe

http://www.greasecar.com/index.cfm

Another thing to consider with hybrids is the availabillity of service technicians.

Automotive repair is my profession and I have had some training with the electrics and the cng vehicles. The cng is more near practical.

Some things to consider are if you run out of gas on the road, you can take a jug to the nearest station and get fuel to get home.

If you don't have enough power to make it home in an electric vehicle you just can't go get a can of electricity. :lol:

Ours comes from the Mid East--I've done the research when people send those emails about which gas stations are and aren't Middle Eastern-supplied stations.

Yeah, but Boise Idaho isn't a lone consumer of Mideast oil. My point is that we as a nation are not as reliant on Middle East oil as some people think. About 50 percent of our petroleum imports are from countries in the Western Hemisphere, with 19 percent from the Persian Gulf, and 18 percent from Africa and 13 percent from other regions.

I prefer to thing of the entire nation as the consumer, and not just isolated regions. The only petroleum retailer that I avoid is CITGO. And that is because of Hugo Chavez.

BTW, most I paid for regular unleaded while on vacation last week was $3.89 a gallon in Cape Mendocino. But the highest price I saw was $4.19 at a Shell station on I-5.

Looks like this summer will be over four bucks a gallon as demand increases during the summer months.

I hope everyone is well invested in Exxon stock. :lol:

But people need to ask themselves which is more important, a few Alaskan ELk having to look at pipelines, or continued presense in the Middle East?

A few Alaskan Elk....

How about you withdraw your presence from the Middle East by getting out of oil completely? That would solve a lot of problems for everyone...no don't need to pay through the nose for middle east oil, the elk get their unspoilt territory back, and our envirnoment and atmosphere will be even better than it is today...

Yeah, but Boise Idaho isn't a lone consumer of Mideast oil. My point is that we as a nation are not as reliant on Middle East oil as some people think. About 50 percent of our petroleum imports are from countries in the Western Hemisphere, with 19 percent from the Persian Gulf, and 18 percent from Africa and 13 percent from other regions.

I prefer to thing of the entire nation as the consumer, and not just isolated regions. The only petroleum retailer that I avoid is CITGO. And that is because of Hugo Chavez.

BTW, most I paid for regular unleaded while on vacation last week was $3.89 a gallon in Cape Mendocino. But the highest price I saw was $4.19 at a Shell station on I-5.

Looks like this summer will be over four bucks a gallon as demand increases during the summer months.

I hope everyone is well invested in Exxon stock. :lol:

Sheesh if only it were $4 a gallon in the UK, at current exchange rates I think we're paying close on $10 a gallon!!! I'm getting a push bike!!!

I personally think we should drain that fucking ocean of oil under those middle Easterners asses, then start pumping the oil from Alaska and sell that fucking oil twice as much as we bought their oil.

I worry about you sometimes :rolleyes:

Archived