The Car Thread

eagle87

I personally think we should drain that fucking ocean of oil under those middle Easterners asses, then start pumping the oil from Alaska and sell that fucking oil twice as much as we bought their oil.

Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Ahmed

A poor camel herder barely kept his family fed

And then one day he was digging for some food......

And up through the ground come a bubblin' crude!!

B)

A few Alaskan Elk....

How about you withdraw your presence from the Middle East by getting out of oil completely? That would solve a lot of problems for everyone...no don't need to pay through the nose for middle east oil, the elk get their unspoilt territory back, and our envirnoment and atmosphere will be even better than it is today...

Nobody here gives a rats ass about solving problems for you and yours Gainsbarre. You can walk or use a pogo stick to get from point A to point B for all I care.

Yes but not a hybrid. I own two Hondas, a 1990 Accord and a 2005 Accord. The 90 has over 250k miles on it. Bought it used for 3000 dollars and has been worth every cent. I use that as my commuter car. My wife has the 2005 Honda that she drives to work. We just took it on a 2000 mile road trip loaded with luggage and three people (my son is 6'6" and I am pretty tall too) and had no problems on mountain grades and muddy dirt roads. AND THAT IS THE FOUR CYLINDER MODEL! Trust me when I say you don't need the more expensive, and fuel consuming, six cylinder model.

I would recommend the Honda Accord or Honda Civic over ALL other similar model/brand cars for economy, low maintenance and overall reliability. This is a car that while costing more new than a Saturn or other 'economy' cars. Will save you money over the life (15-20 years, no kidding) of the vehicle.

I plan to buy a Civic coupe in the next couple of months and passing the 1990 on to my son.

That's good to know about the 4 cylinders being able to handle the tasks.

I've got a 95 Honda Civc with about 150k miles. Quality through and through. I use it for commuting and it handles Southern California traffic with ease. I've only needed maintenance work (brakes, tires, oil, timing belt) and it has not once left me stranded. The car is like Keith Richards. It cannot be killed by conventional methods. The only problem was that the paint faded. I was getting jealous over the shiny new models. But it ran so well that other than looks, there was no intelligent reason to buy a new one. I got it painted for about $700. Should have waxed it more, lol.

BTW I highly recommend the new synthetic products for your cars. I can really notice the difference in the pep of the acceleration from synthetic motor oil and in the ease of application and durability of the synthetic wax.

i've always quite liked Bentley cars.

especially in convertible edition.

or the BMW M3 Concept edition. it's beautiful.

images provided below.

bentley_gtc_drive_10.jpg

bmw_m3_concept_1.JPG

i can totally see myself cruising in one of these incredible vehicles sometime in the near future. please note the intended sarcasm... (if you've seen the extensive amounts these thing's are priced at)

\o/

I think the corvette is the best pure car out there. As much as i like a Mercedes or a BMW, nothing compares like an American Made 620HP Chevy. I'm surprised they put a blower in it. (supposedly it has an efficiency of a real good turbo) but it's bad ass how most engines today are high tec. But the corvette is still a push rod V-8. Technology invented in 1950.

what this also means that the new camaro will have more horspower than a mustang.

GM has two rules it works by. No GM car my be faster than the High end Corvette

No Front wheel car can be faster than the High end Monte Carlo, but i think STS V has beaten that, which was the reason earlier STS engines were detuned.

I've always wanted a red one of these:

a_1970_Volkswagen_Beetle_Convertibl.jpg

Just yesterday/today I saw one just like this (dark blue) parked at a store near my house, only with a white top. Looks in great shape too! No for sale sign though :(

Just yesterday/today I saw one just like this (dark blue) parked at a store near my house, only with a white top. Looks in great shape too! No for sale sign though :(

There's a saying amongst us mechanics "A Volkswagen runs like crap...for a long time" :lol:

There's a saying amongst us mechanics "A Volkswagen runs like crap...for a long time" :lol:

:) I've wanted one of those forever; just to drive around town/to work. Not for carpools though, lol. Still looking to ditch the Explorer. Gas is $3.40~something/gallon now and I have full time 4WD so I have crappy gas mileage. :(

I will never buy a new car again, at least I hope I won't, even though I probably will.

I invested like $27,000 grand, and sold it for nothing.

I have this idea that used cars were dangerous........you never know what was done to it, and there is always something nice about getting something new, pure, and untouched. Maybe I blame my mechanical ignorance.

I had a Berlin Buick back in the mid 70's gas heater and all. Ran the crap out of it. Now a day's they call them Punch Buggies

I will never buy a new car again, at least I hope I won't, even though I probably will.

I invested like $27,000 grand, and sold it for nothing.

I have this idea that used cars were dangerous........you never know what was done to it, and there is always something nice about getting something new, pure, and untouched. Maybe I blame my mechanical ignorance.

I had 79 chevy which i fixed all the time. I bought a 99 jeep cherokee that i off roaded alot. So i was always fixing shit. I hate paying for a car, but i want aleast one nice car in my life, thats why i bought a nice new truck. Im not going to supe it up, like i did with the chevy and jeep. Im going to keep it nice and clean. I don't mind the money, but i always forget to pay the fucking note. Thats my only problem. Ill probaly sell it if i get married, get the wife a nice car, but ill be happy in junker pickup.

I love fixing my car, but i hate how i can only fix it if i didn't have to go somwhere the next day in case it takes longer than what i thought.

My Jeep was 15,000 put another 5,000 in extras. sold it for 3,500. It was well worth it though, i wished i would've kept it, but the only new car i like was a Trailblazer SS, so i had to trade the jeep in so my car payment wasn't higher than my mortgage.

I am going to start buying the old junker out of date cars that one wants, and that have had faith lost in, and use them till they die.

The older jap models are perfect for this. Byt them for nothing, do nothing to them, drive them forever, and get rid of them.

I had 79 chevy which i fixed all the time. I bought a 99 jeep cherokee that i off roaded alot. So i was always fixing shit. I hate paying for a car, but i want aleast one nice car in my life, thats why i bought a nice new truck. Im not going to supe it up, like i did with the chevy and jeep. Im going to keep it nice and clean. I don't mind the money, but i always forget to pay the fucking note. Thats my only problem. Ill probaly sell it if i get married, get the wife a nice car, but ill be happy in junker pickup.

I love fixing my car, but i hate how i can only fix it if i didn't have to go somwhere the next day in case it takes longer than what i thought.

My Jeep was 15,000 put another 5,000 in extras. sold it for 3,500. It was well worth it though, i wished i would've kept it, but the only new car i like was a Trailblazer SS, so i had to trade the jeep in so my car payment wasn't higher than my mortgage.

Yeah, I souped up a 78 Chev Malibu and then had rear frame problems. A common problem with late 70's Chev and GM vehicles. Total waste of time and money. Sold it for a song. The running gear was in excellent shape and the dude just transfered it to another car. Not worth my while to do the same again. Buying one already done though is an other matter

I am going to start buying the old junker out of date cars that one wants, and that have had faith lost in, and use them till they die.

The older jap models are perfect for this. Byt them for nothing, do nothing to them, drive them forever, and get rid of them.

Fuck a 96 grand am stills looks modern and you can get a good one for 2 grand. or even a 90's jeep cherokee almost of all them are under 4,000. You can beat the sit out of those things and they are easy cheap fixes. But yeah a 94 acccord would be nice.

did you get your response...oh smart one?!? so tell me...whats so confusing? really?

you pissed off the wrong whop.

if you have something to say say it. explain your self. back up your conclusion. try me :)

B)

I don't believe I was talking to you. Pb Derigibles posts confuse me at times, as does many persons. Mine confuses others too. I never expressed hatred like you either....hmmmm?

Now back to cars instead of pissing about something.

I always liked

Found

On

Road

Dead

but my favorite is

Fix

It

Again

Tony

Poor

Old

N'word

Thinks

It's

A

Cadillac

This is what I do. The value of a car is much more to me than I could sell it for as it ages. If it still runs good, I drive my jap cars into the ground and then get another.

lrg_jap_cars_toyota.jpg

Archived