Soundboard Wish-List

One Symbol

My vote goes for either of the following:

LA Forum June 1977 (I'd take ny night from that run of shows, but particularly 23/06/77)

Japan 1971 (preferably Budokan, but any of them will do!)

Anything from 1970!

Thoughts?

Many of us already have lots of soundboard recordings of LA 77 and many others but I dont know if the Administration would like it. but I want something really hard to find Baton Rouge LA 1977 and Robert Plant 2005 Ryman Theater Nashville Tn.

I think soundboards from LA '77 would be a "wasted wish", since Mike Millard's audience recordings are amazing, better than most soundboards anyway. No, I think I'll go with a full soundboard of a March '73 German show, perhaps Hamburg or Offenburg. And maybe Bath 1970.

I think soundboards from LA '77 would be a "wasted wish", since Mike Millard's audience recordings are amazing, better than most soundboards anyway. No, I think I'll go with a full soundboard of a March '73 German show, perhaps Hamburg or Offenburg. And maybe Bath 1970.

I'm with you on the German shows.

The 77 LA stuff is well enough documented.

Nah, they would be a different perspective. Think Landover audience & soundboards!

As i also agree that the Mike Millard boots are great, it's easier to adjust the EQ on my end to fit what i like with a soundboard than a AUD. So i do agree a soundboard of the 77' Forum shows would be my Holy Grail. Still not much needs to be EQ on LTTE for me,even tho i have a crappy copy, it would be nice to clean it up a tad.

Many of us already have lots of soundboard recordings of LA 77 and many others but I dont know if the Administration would like it. but I want something really hard to find Baton Rouge LA 1977 and Robert Plant 2005 Ryman Theater Nashville Tn.

...not trying to get anybody's hopes up, but reliable sources tell me that the recording of Baton Rouge '77 has been liberated and will soon be made available!!! (PM me for the gory details...)

As a '77 fanatic, I'd like to hear the soundboard for the ENTIRE 11 June '77 MSG show! The NQ and TYG SBD that is available just whetted my appetite. Hearing a soundboard for either the 6 or 10 April Chicago shows would be nice too, because, Christ, those audience tapes sound bad!!!!

Good ones! I'd also like a soundboard of "When the Levee Breaks" from Jan '75

THe set list on those first couple of '75 shows has always been interesting to me, but seems like no decent recordings, so id agree on that one.

One of the NY 77 shows would be nice.

Sept 19, 1970 MSG Evening show would be the holy grail for me. Amazing show with a unique set list.

As others have mentioned- the '73 Germany shows would be fantastic

Anything pre-1973

But talking about the later days:

1973/07/21 Providence, a perfect performance

1975/02/14 Uniondale

1975/03/21 Seattle

1975/02/07 MSG

+ a January concert

1977/06/13 MSG

1977/06/22 LA

1977/04/30 Pontiac

+ the ones we have no recording off (St. Paul, St. Louis...)

I'd love to hear a great board tape (of "Flying Circus" quality) of the 6/23/77 LA Forum show.

'Listen To This Eddie" is so good as it stands that a soundboard would be redundant. You can NOT beat the quality of this audience tape, aside from the cut in TYG. But the 23rd could use some improvement. Certain songs sound weak and have minor cuts in places. I'd love to hear the gig in pristine sound all the way through.

I actually disagree. Soundboards don't give you the live feel like good audience recordings do.

I'd have to agree...listening to the June 11 '77 New York show at the moment (fucking excellent "No Quarter"!) and I'd have to say, though the audience recording could be better, the soundboard snippet that's available just doesn't do the show justice. Audience recordings, though they take some getting used to, put you right in the center of the show. Most soundboards tend to sound almost like they're "live in the studio"...very little audience sounds at all. And, this is particularly true with latter-era Zeppelin, they tend to bring out the mistakes more!

...and, yes, folks, having made some further inquiries today, the Baton Rouge '77 show I mentioned earlier in the thread WILL soon be available. (No, it's not a soundboard, but I expect it to be a damn good audience recording!)

I'd have to agree...listening to the June 11 '77 New York show at the moment (fucking excellent "No Quarter"!) and I'd have to say, though the audience recording could be better, the soundboard snippet that's available just doesn't do the show justice. Audience recordings, though they take some getting used to, put you right in the center of the show. Most soundboards tend to sound almost like they're "live in the studio"...very little audience sounds at all. And, this is particularly true with latter-era Zeppelin, they tend to bring out the mistakes more!

...and, yes, folks, having made some further inquiries today, the Baton Rouge '77 show I mentioned earlier in the thread WILL soon be available. (No, it's not a soundboard, but I expect it to be a damn good audience recording!)

Ok all i have to say is this...Fillmore West '69 compared to The Destroyer...Fillmore West all the way!! Although the '69 is more a soundboard/audience/remastered recording..very much better than destryoer..and the first knebworth show is so raw and so good

I'll say this the worst audience recordings aren't as good as the soundboards. But you don't always get the Led Zeppelin listening experience with a good soundboard.

You know I like AUD recording for the experience, but after hearing the same guy yell "Play Fucking Neil Young" and the fact most of the time, there is no bass freq. to speak of. If i had a soundboard of LTTE and the actaul tape from Millard of the same concert, Ill probaly pick and chose which songs to listen to from each source. Yes AUD recordings are great, but once you put some volume behide most AUD recodings, they just sound absolute shit.

Archived