March 19, 1975, 13remaster vs Snowjobs matrix

chef free

I listened to both last night and can't tell which I prefer. The 13 remastered soundboard has the best vocals but is missing the low- mids of Jimmy's guitar. The snowjobs audience/soundboard has a nice spacial feel like its all around you and a bit more low end but the low is a bit more muddy. Anybody else out there done a comparison listen? Waddaya think?

I listened again last night, I had two CD players running and switched back and forth between the them. At some points one or the other definitly sounded better. Pagie's guitar in Dazed came through better on the Northern Exposure matrix but the piano in No Quarter is so much clearer on the soundboard.

• 4 years later...

huh, IMHO Northern Exposure is pretty terrible, done in a very amateurish way. Only about 25% or less really is in sync and in some spots it gets really bad and annoying. I think I can do better just by running both board and audience in seperate players and quickly pause/play the board when the AUD source starts lagging behind a bit.

That boot is a far cry from ''That's alright New York'' or ''Four blocks in the snow'' .

Archived