Fender Hotrod Deville

MistyMountain67

I don't have the amp you mention, but years ago, I picked up the Fender Blues Deluxe from the same series. Rated at 40 watts, it's unbelievably loud; far louder than my Marshall 50 and 4x12, although with a different sound characteristic. I've gigged this amp with a full band, including a brass section, and still had some in reserve, volume wise. Tonally, it has that classic Fender depth: round and warm, with enough top end to cut through anything. I would imagine your Hotrod Deville will perform in a similar way. Enjoy.

RB

60watts is plenty if your not playing a stadium.

honestly, if your tube amp is any good, 30watts should be plenty.

(unless you need a huge amount of headroom)

the hot rod series are famous for a realy good clean sound, and that

they take pedals realy well.

the distortion on the overdrive channel is not famously good, the one on the

extra overdrive channel is specialy rotten after what I have heard.

I don't have the amp you mention, but years ago, I picked up the Fender Blues Deluxe from the same series. Rated at 40 watts, it's unbelievably loud; far louder than my Marshall 50 and 4x12, although with a different sound characteristic. I've gigged this amp with a full band, including a brass section, and still had some in reserve, volume wise. Tonally, it has that classic Fender depth: round and warm, with enough top end to cut through anything. I would imagine your Hotrod Deville will perform in a similar way. Enjoy.

RB

I tried the Hotrod amps. out along with the '93 Blues Deluxe Re-Issue. In my opinion, the Blues Deluxe gives you a better sound---certainly a better clean sound than the Hot Rod series amps. At 40 watts, it is amazingly loud. Let me put it this way---the master volume on the clean side goes to 12, and if I turn that control past 3 and a half I hear about it from the rest of the band. That's with standard Fender pickups that are not particularly hot. But the Hot Rod amps sell well. My suggestion would be that if you are looking to get a Hot Rod amp to at least give the BLues Deluxe amp a test drive. It has a nice, full bodied sound and works well with effects/distortion pedals.

Edited for additional info. :

FYI---I think technically the Blues Deluxe is considered to be part of the "Hot Rod Series" of amps but it preceeded the Hot Rod Deluxe and Hot Rod Deville in production. I think it is somewhat like a '59 Bassman, but for about half the money. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the amp!!

the blues deluxe preseeded the hot rod series.

the hot rod series is a modded blues deluxe if you understand.

they changed the sircutry a little so it could give more gain.

i whould go for the blues deluxe as well, it is considered a better amp.

but generaly you are buying a bassman with more modern features and

at a lower price bracket anyway.

Archived