Whas up with all the bootlegs!

I was on ebay and saw a dvd of the 02 concert but it was from belgium it really triped me out any one seen anymore of these these ones have been selling for over $400 Cnd and i was wondering if anyone saw anyothers?!?!

it was probably filmed by a fan

i could be wrong though, it could be legit footage

i have one that was filmed by a fan with a great quality camera,

its pretty amazing to watch

you shouldnt be buying it for $400 though

you can download it also

i could be wrong though

Its people trying to make money out of it thats all. There's no pro shot available as yet as far as I know or have heard. I have different versions and they cost me nothing.

I can only guess that its a copy of the 3rd Eye version.

Never EVER pay for unofficial shit! If you want a boot, find a friend who'll trade for free or cost of the blank disc and postage. Jimmy made his feelings clear at the trial in Scotland. He's got no problem with free trading among fans, but when it's packaged up and presented by people seeking dollars, that's what upsets him. If you love someone's music so much you'd pay for it, respect his feelings about it. Oh, and again, the O2 is easily found for free if you know where to look. Just don't let anyone fool you into A: Thinking it's an official release or B: Profiting from it.

And yes, I have it. A half dozen people offered it to me, without my even asking, and I didn't pay a dime for it either. Third Eye with the Zep sites England trip. That's the benefit of belonging to a community. Make friends. That's all I can say.

I should add that it was different in the 70s and 80s. It was vinyl we found at swap meets. With today's networking, everything has changed. Just find the right folks and be a fan! :beer:

ev, some of us like vinyl and are willing to pay for it....

ps.....i already have the show....free.

I wonder if jimmy and the boys have seen the bootlegs that have surfaced and what they have to say about them, Because as we all know he was strongly against them back then i wonder how much it bothers him now. Or if its accepted in this day and age.

I wonder if jimmy and the boys have seen the bootlegs that have surfaced and what they have to say about them, Because as we all know he was strongly against them back then i wonder how much it bothers him now. Or if its accepted in this day and age.

I should imagine that not only has Jimmy seen the bootlegs, he's more than likely got a copy of them all. Mr Page is probably the biggest Zeppelin bootleg collector there is.

I hate to think of what we wouldn't have available if money wasn't a motivating factor for some of the bootlegs to surface.

I dare say much of what we cherish.

I suppose that is true but there were a number of great recordings of the O2 which were never intended for sale...Mike the Mike comes to mind as the most famous taper and he never sold his recordings.

As others have said, the internet has opened things up so much, now that the means of distribution has changed, it is much easier for well-intentioned bootleggers to distribute music without having to bare the large overheads of reproduction.

I suppose that is true but there were a number of great recordings of the O2 which were never intended for sale...Mike the Mike comes to mind as the most famous taper and he never sold his recordings.

As others have said, the internet has opened things up so much, now that the means of distribution has changed, it is much easier for well-intentioned bootleggers to distribute music without having to bare the large overheads of reproduction.

I'm sure the vast majority of Led Zeppelin's bootlegs surfaced freely, and I was talking in general terms not just about the O2 show. Definately some if not many, came out because of a cash incentive.

The sad thing is even with freely liberated shows, the bootleggers still produce and cash in on manufactured product. They'll claim their source is NOT from a torrent or download, or they get a different source akin to the Wendy release of the O2. I believe the torrented version of that was from the Wendy manufactured discs.

Has anyone obtained or at least watched, the Katzeye version of the Ahmet O2 07 show?

What did you think of it?

How would you rate it?

Personally I think it's great.

Video 8.5

Audio 8.5

Presentation 9.0

If I am not mistaken, the Katzeye is the Third Eye video with the audio sync issues corrected. I had both, but never watched the Katzeye because the sync issues didn't bother me. Anyway, I went ahead and deleted it in favor of this - which is awesome:

The 5+4 At The O2

Video Used:

KatzEye, IanA, Smagin, BBC News

Audio Used (both DD 5.1 and Stereo):

5 sources straight thru, and 4 "cameo" appearances. Front Left is Per Schoeps Mk41 "Remastered", Front Right is Clay AT 831 HRTF "Mastered" Version, Rear Left is Third Eye Audio Source (Marantz PDM660 & Neumann KM184's), Rear Right is JCE Cardoid SP-CMC-20 "We Did It", Center is Wendy Label "Legendary Reunion 2007".

LedZeppelin-200712-10FourEyesCover.jpg

The sad thing is even with freely liberated shows, the bootleggers still produce and cash in on manufactured product. They'll claim their source is NOT from a torrent or download, or they get a different source akin to the Wendy release of the O2. I believe the torrented version of that was from the Wendy manufactured discs.

This sort of thing goes on in every industry since the beginning of time. Unfortunately greed is a fact of human life.

This sort of thing goes on in every industry since the beginning of time. Unfortunately greed is a fact of human life.

So then it would seem if you've recorded a show and put it out freely and some bootlegger cashes in by manufacturing YOUR recorded show, well. You can gload in your purity-free from profit good nature, but maybe you should get some of that cash the money maker made.

Just saying.

So then it would seem if you've recorded a show and put it out freely and some bootlegger cashes in by manufacturing YOUR recorded show, well. You can gload in your purity-free from profit good nature, but maybe you should get some of that cash the money maker made.

Just saying.

Put it this way; lets say someone goes to a show and tapes it with the true intention of sharing it with other fans for free. Then someone uses that recording to make money - they burn it to CD or whatever and sell it. That is wrong. But for the original taper to then ask for a percentage, condones it.

I would also argue that the intellectual property related to the recording is still held by the band - who did not consent to the recording - than by the taper. Nobody should make money off recording and distributing a band's music other than the band and their legal representatives/stakeholders (eg record companies).

Put it this way; lets say someone goes to a show and tapes it with the true intention of sharing it with other fans for free. Then someone uses that recording to make money - they burn it to CD or whatever and sell it. That is wrong. But for the original taper to then ask for a percentage, condones it.

I would also argue that the intellectual property related to the recording is still held by the band - who did not consent to the recording - than by the taper. Nobody should make money off recording and distributing a band's music other than the band and their legal representatives/stakeholders (eg record companies).

You were the one who earlier said that's the way of the world...greed.

I was just saying if I had something someone was going to make money off of, I'd want a piece of the pie. Nobody should make money, but they do. WRONG doesn't stop it.

Archived