LED ZEPPELIN BREAKING UP SHOULD THEY HAVE DONE IT?

tell me your opinion on their break up, and tell me why they i did, i really want to no why, and tell if u think they will ever get back together, and should they have another reunion?

Yes they did the right thing by Bonzo, thus preserving his legacy to the band.

Well they sort of did back in December last year.

If you mean should they do more concerts, then yes.

Led Zeppelin could never have gone on without John Bonham. There's no question about it. If you were around when that happened you would understand without asking this. I was at Live Aid and even though it was considered a Led Zeppelin reunion, it still didn't feel like Led Zeppelin to me. I will always say i never had the opportunity to see Led Zeppelin because John Bonham died before the show i would have seen happened...

That sucks!

Jason was John's flesh and blood, so he should be the only one behind the drums if they continue on to more concerts...

if someone else dies, it cant happen again, even if it was JPJ... you cant replace 1/2 of a band and expect it to be the nearly the same

if any of the three refuses (when I say any of the three, I mean Robert) then it cant happen

pretty much any other incarnation of LZ that was not the 4 members @ O2 is not LZ, IMO

One of the many reasons LZ has stuck with me and been one of my favorite groups is because they didn't just carry on after they lost one of their members. To me that shows the respect for each other that they had. Even if they didn't get along personally. It had nothing to do with anything else. If you don't think so, look at the Who, who did decide to carry on after they lost, as far as i'm concerned, the key member of the group. That's why i've always maintained that it kind of hurt the Who's legacy by bringing Kenny Jones in so soon after Loon's death.

Now as far as LZ. Maybe you'll think i'm crazy, but I firmly believe that, even had Bonzo lived, that they would have not gone on much longer the way things were. I would have given anything for JB to survive to prove me wrong.

tell me your opinion on their break up, and tell me why they i did, i really want to no why, and tell if u think they will ever get back together, and should they have another reunion?

Their drummer, John Bonham, died, and the band decided they could not continue on as they were. They may get back together again depending on where their musical instincts take them. Their level of interest and enthusiasm ultimately will decide if and when they reunite.

"We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend, and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were."

Pretty much answers the question.

"We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend, and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were."

Pretty much answers the question.

They did what they felt was right for the time.

Minds change and people change.

Nobody knows what Bonham would have wanted, never will. But I would bet if he thought Jason would participate he would go "One two, three, four."

Page and Plant didn't plan for all the things to transpire which have.

The world stays in constant flux, that's what makes it so interesting.

:beer:

Archived