SHOULD THEY HAVE BROKEN UP?

LED-ZEP ROCKS!

Yes, they felt it was needed. They should've broken up, and they did. They couldn't go on. They broke up because John Bonham died.

John boham died, when?? and i really dont agree they should have broken up, heck im 14 and just started to get intrest im them, that is why im asking so many questions.

John boham died, when?? and i really dont agree they should have broken up, heck im 14 and just started to get intrest im them, that is why im asking so many questions.

Well, it was in 1980, so... LONG time ago....How do you think they should have continued touring without a drummer? They felt that he's irreplaceable and they won't be Led Zep as it is known without him, therefore the break up

Well, it was in 1980, so... LONG time ago....How do you think they should have continued touring without a drummer? They felt that he's irreplaceable and they won't be Led Zep as it is known without him, therefore the break up

that is a very good point, he was the best drummer they had, i think he was amazing! but who did the reunion drummer in 2007?

Yes, they felt it was needed. They should've broken up, and they did. They couldn't go on. They broke up because John Bonham died.

I don't think it was just to do with bonzos death there was also plants son's death in '77 and the drug use of page and bonzo aswell, yes they did have to break up beciase of bonzos death.

to make myself clearer, bonzos death wasn't the only reason.

Breaking up was the best thing they could have done under the circumstance, as it protected the memory of Led Zeppelin and John Bonham. There are too many groups, no matter how big, who overstayed their welcome. Zeppelin avoided this.

If they had become a revolving-door band with different people coming in and out, the vibe of the music, which was so important, would have changed.

It's a shame that they broke up and we have been deprived of any new music from them since...but that is the tragedy of the early death, and drug/alcohol abuse.

Breaking up was the best thing they could have done under the circumstance, as it protected the memory of Led Zeppelin and John Bonham. There are too many groups, no matter how big, who overstayed their welcome. Zeppelin avoided this.

If they had become a revolving-door band with different people coming in and out, the vibe of the music, which was so important, would have changed.

It's a shame that they broke up and we have been deprived of any new music from them since...but that is the tragedy of the early death, and drug/alcohol abuse.

then why did they have a reunion in 2007, and do u kno if jimmy page or robert plant were christians???

then why did they have a reunion in 2007, and do u kno if jimmy page or robert plant were christians???

They have played a few times since 1980, and I think the 02 was necessary for a few reasons. If it's their last show together, which is possible, they will have gone out on a high note. They proved that they still have massive talent and I think there are many bands today which can learn from Zeppelin's musicianship and presentation.

I'm not sure what the connection is between that and religion.....Jimmy once wore a shirt on TV which said "Recovering Catholic".

John boham died, when??

Okay, I hate to flame, but...:wtf:

What the hell?

Not just to this user, but to all the ones who heard the first 4 minutes of stairway to heaven and run out to join the fan site. Why do you do it? Yes I mean sure I would rather educate you (such as in this thread) But for some of the more senior members, you guys still cringe when you read this, correct? Reading this thread made me cringe!! It just seems like Led Zeppelin is such a great and amazing thing, its one of those things that you want to keep to yourself. Like the lord of the rings...

Im all for spreading the love, but..

Okay think of it this way. The Haight - Ashbury district in the 60's. Amazing. It helped revolutionize america! But it is better in the past. Its history!

I dont know im rambling now but for those of you who get what I mean...speak up so I know im not just barking in the dark.

Ack..:blink:

[[edited because of unorganized thoughts]]

No doubt in my mind, it was the absolutely classiest and only thing to do. If there was EVER an irreplaceable component in a unit of any type, John Bonham was it. And for that matter, had it been any other member of this wonderfully beloved band, I would have felt the same way.

I clearly remember the day the announcement came out, and I can recall nodding silently to my self that it was the right thing to do. I knew it then, and I know it now.... :(

No bonzo, no zeppelin. They all brought something unique to the table, and they were all unreplaceable. It was also to show respect to bonzo that without him they could not go on. It sucks because I was only 3 years old when he passed, so I never got a chance to see my favorite band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay, I hate to flame, but...:wtf:

What the hell?

Not just to this user, but to all the ones who heard the first 4 minutes of stairway to heaven and run out to join the fan site. Why do you do it? Yes I mean sure I would rather educate you (such as in this thread) But for some of the more senior members, you guys still cringe when you read this, correct? Reading this thread made me cringe!! It just seems like Led Zeppelin is such a great and amazing thing, its one of those things that you want to keep to yourself. Like the lord of the rings...

Im all for spreading the love, but..

Okay think of it this way. The Haight - Ashbury district in the 60's. Amazing. It helped revolutionize america! But it is better in the past. Its history!

I dont know im rambling now but for those of you who get what I mean...speak up so I know im not just barking in the dark.

Ack..:blink:

[[edited because of unorganized thoughts]]

I cringed the most when he said he was 14, since I'm 15, and I suppose I'm too fussy over typing and the kind of questions he asked.

And yes, they should have broken up. You can't replace any of them, and it simply wouldn't be Led Zeppelin. Although, anything they did after could still be good, but it just wouldn't be the same, them as a band.

Yep. They did the right thing. Look at the Who: they should have packed it up after Moon died, in my opinion. They were never really "The Who" after that. My gf would probably disagree on this, but, well, it's the truth. B)

Yep. They did the right thing. Look at the Who: they should have packed it up after Moon died, in my opinion. They were never really "The Who" after that. My gf would probably disagree on this, but, well, it's the truth. B)

I can't believe they went on after John died as well.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. All these bands that go on and on forever, ugh! Look at The Who after Keith Moon died. They were okay but just didn't have the umph, the magic, anymore. Remember what Page said back in '80: "We just can't go on as we were without John." For all you younger fans, understand that Zeppelin gave so much of themselves to their contemporary fans. No one hour shows with 15 minute encores brought to you by Miller Lite and goodnight. Zep would play sometimes for 3 or 4 hours! But they've given alot to all of us and to posterity with their cds and dvds.

At least we get to watch them live in concert and digitally remastered. Don't take surround sound and HD TVs for granted.

do u think that led zeppelin should have broken up, do u think they sould've stayed together like the rolling stones, and do u think that they should go on a all united states city tour, and last of all can u tell me why the broke up??

They should have broken up, as they did. And they shouldn't have stayed together, as they didn't. No. They shouldn't have gone on and on and on like the Rolling Stones, and thank the gods they didn't.

They broke up because John Bonham died, but that was really more the straw that broke the camel's back. They had their run, and it was a glorious one. Music was changing- not for the better in my opinion- and at the time Zep began to be looked upon as a band of the seventies, signifying that era.

Also, Page and Plant were having some tensions and the death of John, who was Plant's childhood and life-long friend by the way, was devastating to the entire band and its sound but particularly to Robert Plant.

They could have gone on, but it wouldn't have been right at that time, to call themselves 'Led Zeppelin'. And remember, Jimmy Page is a crafty fellow. He knew if they disbanded while they were ahead the music would become legend.

Archived