Ringo on A&E

TypeO

Sunday (April 13) Ringo was interviewed on A&E's Private Sessions show. Fairly certain it was a re-run from February.

He played at least 3 songs, possibly a fourth, I missed the beginning.

"Photgraph" was excellent.

Did anyone else see it?

And (more importantly :lolo:), if you did, do you know who the black woman singing backup was?

She had a rather revealing zippered shirt that the cameraman (fortunately) practically climbed into.

She was so hot - I'd love to find out who she is and what else she's done.

I'm fairly certain she isn't part of his "All-Starrs".

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Does anyone really enjoy watching Ringo perform? He sings the same handful of songs over and over. He sways back and forth waving the peace sign and singing terribly. And a friend brought it up to me how funny it is that he calls his band an allstar band. When most of it's members only had 15 minutes of fame in the 80's.

I've seen him a few times on TV in recent months; The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and Soundstage on PBS. I thought both performances were very good. Can't say I get the Ringo hate at all. As for his All-Starr Band, I'd be interested to know where anyone would get the impression that any of the following performers were "famous for 15 minutes in the 80s":

Rick Danko

Joe Walsh

Peter Frampton

Jim Keltner

Nils Lofgren

Dr. John

Billy Preston

Levon Helm

Clarence Clemons

Timothy B. Schmit

Dave Edmunds

Todd Rundgren

Burton Cummings

John Entwistle

Randy Bachman

Mark Farner

Felix Cavaliere

Jack Bruce

Peter Frampton

Gary Brooker

Simon Kirke

Eric Carmen

Greg Lake

Roger Hodgson,

Ian Hunter

Paul Carrack

Hamish Stuart

Rod Argent

Edgar Winter

Edited by Jahfin

I've seen him a few times on TV in recent months; The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and Soundstage on PBS. I thought both performances were very good. Can't say I get the Ringo hate at all. As for his All-Starr Band, I'd be interested to know where anyone would get the impression that any of the following performers were "famous for 15 minutes in the 80s":

Rick Danko

Joe Walsh

Peter Frampton

Jim Keltner

Nils Lofgren

Dr. John

Billy Preston

Levon Helm

Clarence Clemons

Timothy B. Schmit

Dave Edmunds

Todd Rundgren

Burton Cummings

John Entwistle

Randy Bachman

Mark Farner

Felix Cavaliere

Jack Bruce

Peter Frampton

Gary Brooker

Simon Kirke

Eric Carmen

Greg Lake

Roger Hodgson,

Ian Hunter

Paul Carrack

Hamish Stuart

Rod Argent

Edgar Winter

But a lot of those people are hasbeens.

Lately it's been Howard Jones and Shiela E.

But a lot of those people are hasbeens.

One person's "hasbeens" are another person's "legends". The majority of people listed there would most definitely fall into the latter category.

Lately it's been Howard Jones and Shiela E.

No, lately (as in 2008) it's been:

Hamish Stuart, Colin Hay, Billy Squier, Gary Wright, Gregg Bissonette & Edgar Winter.

Howard Jones only toured with him in 2001. Sheila E. toured with him in 2001, 2003, 2006. Either way, neither of those performers qualify as being famous for 15 minutes in the 80s. Even if they did, what fucking difference does it make? Howard Jones had a string of hits back then that lasted much longer than 15 minutes. Sheila E. was not only a successful member of Prince's band but she was also very successful on her own. In addition, she is the daughter of percussionist Pete Escovedo who has played with Carlos Santana (among others) and is quite the percussionist in her own right (Prince didn't have her on his records just because she looked good). In another bit of trivia, her uncle is renown musican Alejandro Escovedo (No Depression magazine's Artist of the Decade for the 90s).

Does anyone really enjoy watching Ringo perform? He sings the same handful of songs over and over. He sways back and forth waving the peace sign and singing terribly. And a friend brought it up to me how funny it is that he calls his band an allstar band. When most of it's members only had 15 minutes of fame in the 80's.

Do you know how many musicians would gladly trade places with Ringo? And that's just his solo career. He is able to get top notch musicians to perform on his records. He wrote some enduring classics during the 70' and had the participation of Lennon, Harrison, McCartney, Harry Nillson, Jim Keltner, Bobby Keys, Klaus Voorman and a load of other names I don't have the time to list. I suspect you only know three of those names. Do some homework before you start posting nonsense.

Do you know how many musicians would gladly trade places with Ringo? And that's just his solo career. He is able to get top notch musicians to perform on his records. He wrote some enduring classics during the 70' and had the participation of Lennon, Harrison, McCartney, Harry Nillson, Jim Keltner, Bobby Keys, Klaus Voorman and a load of other names I don't have the time to list. I suspect you only know three of those names. Do some homework before you start posting nonsense.

I agree musicians would love to trade places with him. But only because he was a Beatle. And he was lucky to get that gig. I don't agree that he wrote classics at all. Those people didn't work with him because he was an all time great or anything. They were friends of his.

Hi:

I saw that show...it comes on before 6 a.m. on Sunday where I live in Canada

I have seen that show with Ringo before...earlier this year...

Not only was it great to see Ringo..I also enjoyed seeing and hearing Dave Stewart..I got a chance to see Dave when he was with Annie Lennox in The Eurythmics..'89 in Toronto...

I hope Robert and Allison perform on that show..it is so wonderful to see the artist in such a small setting..

Juliet

I agree musicians would love to trade places with him. But only because he was a Beatle. And he was lucky to get that gig. I don't agree that he wrote classics at all. Those people didn't work with him because he was an all time great or anything. They were friends of his.

My point is that most any musician (professional or not) would welcome the solo hits and financial success Ringo had in the 70's.

Do you even know who Harry Nillson is? Harry had a beautiful three octave voice and sings background vocals on a couple of Ringo's biggest hits. Granted Harry was a friend, but how many great voices would offer their talent to a singer like Ringo.

Do you even know who Harry Nillson is?

It's more than obvious he has pretty much no knowledge of who any of these musicians are, especially since he has referred to them as "has beens" and artists who only knew fame for "15 minutes in the 80s". Absolutely fucking clueless would be the most apt description I can think of.

It's more than obvious he has pretty much no knowledge of who any of these musicians are, especially since he has referred to them as "has beens" and artists who only knew fame for "15 minutes in the 80s". Absolutely fucking clueless would be the most apt description I can think of.

Agreed!! Can you imagine, Jim Keltner 15 minutes of fame. And you can almost call him obscure compared to the others.

Edited by JethroTull

Sunday (April 13) Ringo was interviewed on A&E's Private Sessions show. Fairly certain it was a re-run from February.

He played at least 3 songs, possibly a fourth, I missed the beginning.

"Photgraph" was excellent.

Did anyone else see it?

And (more importantly :lolo:), if you did, do you know who the black woman singing backup was?

She had a rather revealing zippered shirt that the cameraman (fortunately) practically climbed into.

She was so hot - I'd love to find out who she is and what else she's done.

I'm fairly certain she isn't part of his "All-Starrs".

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

been workin' insane hours at work - first time I've been back on since this was posted.

so glad to host this debate, but my main question remains - I guess that's a "no"?

The hot chick, this thread is all about the hot chick singing backup.

FOCUS people!

:lolo:

Edited by TypeO