best cover ever

Is this a real band? not trying to sound stupid.

whenever I hear a zeppelin cover as good as this I always say "well lets see, it sounds great now. but just waite untill the singer kicks in..... and WHAM!!he sounded fantastic, sung with alot of soul while not trying to sound like Plant, but he did...

really good one. I recomend this.

thanks for posting.

basically, there were a bunch of people on youtube that posted all these vids of them playing along to zeppelin songs...like jun626, vanderbilly, mg4150... check out the all videos of the 5 people playing in this video. then, they got together to do this project. i'm not really sure how they put it together. they are not in the same location, so i'm pretty sure they all played it separately and it was edited together. it's really great, imo, especially because the singer nails it so well. i know its just a cover, but its neat to see.

I have heard several times on you tube that the guy whos singing is a fraud. Now don't get me wrong hear, but it is pretty ironic that he sounds close to Robert on Zep stuff and just like Lennon on "Hide your love away"and such. Also if you watch the vids you see that its not to close up and maybe just a little blurry so its hard to tell if its a lip synch.Or it could be a mix of his and whom evers voice mixed. Don't want to throw stones, just thought i would inform you of the word on the street.

Regards

I have heard several times on you tube that the guy whos singing is a fraud. Now don't get me wrong hear, but it is pretty ironic that he sounds close to Robert on Zep stuff and just like Lennon on "Hide your love away"and such.

Definitely sounds like Robert here But then how did he remove the backing vocals?

-- alternates between "sounds like Robert" to "doesn't sound like Robert". Starting to wonder if he's slowing down the studio recording to make it sound like a different person?

Doesn't sound like Lennon

Definitely not Freddie

i really like this project....taking the opportunity to show the layering of the guitar on the video is quite an homage. excellent, very tasty.

think i'll pop in the real thing while my blood's still pumpin'....

The singer looks like a real close friend of mine from Elmhust Illinois, who I haven't seen in 10 years. but he was a great singer, and of great renown in the area....and he was a huge Zeppelin fan.

and this guy sounds alot like him.

does anyone know the name of the singer?

I have heard several times on you tube that the guy whos singing is a fraud. Now don't get me wrong hear, but it is pretty ironic that he sounds close to Robert on Zep stuff and just like Lennon on "Hide your love away"and such. Also if you watch the vids you see that its not to close up and maybe just a little blurry so its hard to tell if its a lip synch.Or it could be a mix of his and whom evers voice mixed. Don't want to throw stones, just thought i would inform you of the word on the street.

Regards

he could be lip singing for video sake? but the audio could really be him?

I sure would like to know more? :D

To me it sounds like he is layering his voice with Roberts. With studio software this is very easy. I don't have enough info on bootleggs or "In" studio recordings that are out there, but someone in the past on "You Tube" claimed that it was a old Plant studio take blended and ajusted with his voice. Just think of it this was way look how bad Jon Bon Jovi sounds live compared to studio. They can do wonders i tell ya.

Regards

Cav

• 1 month later...
To me it sounds like he is layering his voice with Roberts. With studio software this is very easy. I don't have enough info on bootleggs or "In" studio recordings that are out there, but someone in the past on "You Tube" claimed that it was a old Plant studio take blended and ajusted with his voice. Just think of it this was way look how bad Jon Bon Jovi sounds live compared to studio. They can do wonders i tell ya.

Regards

Cav

here is their next video, Lemon Song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6bsLNB5g4o

because of this recording, i'm more inclined to believe you're correct... i think it's impossible for him to actually sound like that...

Beautiful! :beer:

Though after listening to the Lemon Song, I'm a little skeptical. Some of those guitar tones are a little to close. I do think it's possible they're blending with the real thing. The tempos are too exact. And the bass playing? Practically impossible to replicate with such precision.

Beautiful! :beer:

Though after listening to the Lemon Song, I'm a little skeptical. Some of those guitar tones are a little to close. I do think it's possible they're blending with the real thing. The tempos are too exact. And the bass playing? Practically impossible to replicate with such precision.

evster....you saying this is a fake?

here's vanderbilly's website.....verycool guitar instruction post site. he has several zep lessons on there. since i've seen you play guitar in some video, why not take a look at him and see if he's bluffing, in your opinion:

vanderbilly.com

Im with ev on this one, sounds a little mixed with the original thing

IMO, the best "cover" I heard was the album by Great White... I was very impressed with them, and their singer is the closest to Robert I have heard in any cover band

evster....you saying this is a fake?

here's vanderbilly's website.....verycool guitar instruction post site. he has several zep lessons on there. since i've seen you play guitar in some video, why not take a look at him and see if he's bluffing, in your opinion:

vanderbilly.com

Not entirely. Clearly the guy plays massive guitar. I am however, a bit dubious about that bass on Lemon Song. I'm not crying fake. Clearly they're playing their instruments, and playing them very well, but there are some subtleties in there that suggest to my ear that they are playing to the album, and that there may be some points at which the album tracks may be selectively pushed forward here and there. I could be wrong. It's been known to happen, lol! Regardless, I think it's great, and I respect the effort very much!

Im with ev on this one, sounds a little mixed with the original thing

IMO, the best "cover" I heard was the album by Great White... I was very impressed with them, and their singer is the closest to Robert I have heard in any cover band

i see what is being said about the singer, but the band, too? i mean, the notation is right in your face on the video. but i don't play as well as ev, perhaps he can tell.

add: here's a vid of him teaching the solo to live whole lotta love (pretty cool)

live whole lotta love solo lesson

i see what is being said about the singer, but the band, too? i mean, the notation is right in your face on the video. but i don't play as well as ev, perhaps he can tell.

I know you posted this before reading my last post, but in answer, I do think they have it down. There's a little bit of time synch problems when I watch the vid, so it's hard to tell. I've sent the link to my bass player for his edification. It certainly seems amazingly close, but I can't get past some of the timbres. It just seems a little too close at points, if you know what I'm saying. But no disrespect to them meant. I'd catch their act anytime!

add: here's a vid of him teaching the solo to live whole lotta love (pretty cool)

live whole lotta love solo lesson

it like what ev is saying... its just too close to the original...

if that is them playing by themselves... then they need to get an agent and go on tour as the best LZ cover band ever, cause thats what they would be

im sure they can play, but not like that

as for the singer, hes doing a raspy, sounding robert, his voice isnt crisp and sharp like roberts... so im guessing its his voice mixed in with robert's... if you listen extremely carefully, it sounds like 2 voices singing

back like 6 years ago, I was a super tenoir in chorus, and could sing like robert... i cant now i have a low baritone/ high bass voice... thats why if i ever sing along with LZ, I harmonize :)

I know you posted this before reading my last post, but in answer, I do think they have it down. There's a little bit of time synch problems when I watch the vid, so it's hard to tell. I've sent the link to my bass player for his edification. It certainly seems amazingly close, but I can't get past some of the timbres. It just seems a little too close at points, if you know what I'm saying. But no disrespect to them meant. I'd catch their act anytime!

i'm seein' what your saying about the bass...i've been watching this fucker over and over and drilling the board with questions...sorry.

so, is the premise that they individuallyrecorded and then synced up? and if that's the case, perhaps everyone used the zep original for a "guide"????

dammitt! lemme go watch it again...

man, vanderbilly can fuckin' play.

it like what ev is saying... its just too close to the original...

if that is them playing by themselves... then they need to get an agent and go on tour as the best LZ cover band ever, cause thats what they would be

im sure they can play, but not like that

as for the singer, hes doing a raspy, sounding robert, his voice isnt crisp and sharp like roberts... so im guessing its his voice mixed in with robert's... if you listen extremely carefully, it sounds like 2 voices singing

back like 6 years ago, I was a super tenoir in chorus, and could sing like robert... i cant now i have a low baritone/ high bass voice... thats why if i ever sing along with LZ, I harmonize :)

last time i sang in a band, i invested in a harmonizer and i haven't sounded as good since..

i'm seein' what your saying about the bass...i've been watching this fucker over and over and drilling the board with questions...sorry.

so, is the premise that they individuallyrecorded and then synced up? and if that's the case, perhaps everyone used the zep original for a "guide"????

dammitt! lemme go watch it again...

man, vanderbilly can fuckin' play.

No doubt they can all play. My guess is that they were recorded seperately, each playing with the album in their headphones, but all on the same mix. Just like Zeppelin did. They'd record a bed track, and then embellish it from there. I think in this case they used the Zeppelin recording as the guide track. I guess the real test would be to synch their version up with Zeppelin's and see if they play out together. Again, not taking anything away from their performance. They clearly have it down. It's just that I still think I hear the original Zeppelin tracks bleeding in here and there.

No doubt they can all play. My guess is that they were recorded seperately, each playing with the album in their headphones, but all on the same mix. Just like Zeppelin did. They'd record a bed track, and then embellish it from there. I think in this case they used the Zeppelin recording as the guide track. I guess the real test would be to synch their version up with Zeppelin's and see if they play out together. Again, not taking anything away from their performance. They clearly have it down. It's just that I still think I hear the original Zeppelin tracks bleeding in here and there.

well, it's one thing for "bleed" over the headphones, but to allow the guide (zeppelin) to maintain a presence in the audio picture, well, if that's the case then they're bullshit. to use original zeppelin to sweeten virtual zeppelin, well....

but man, i can't get over the guitars. i wish steve from zepagain would comment on this.

Archived