What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

My husband and I just recently decided that with regard to our own rock memorabilia - we'll keep it and enjoy it for the rest of our lives. When we're gone, our kids can decide what to do with it.

I'll bet, they keep it. :)

What's got me curious is all the stuff that may be out there, but it's in the hands of people that don't know what they've got I think I'll be going to some garage sales this Spring

My husband and I just recently decided that with regard to our own rock memorabilia - we'll keep it and enjoy it for the rest of our lives. When we're gone, our kids can decide what to do with it.

That's scary to think of what kids will do with our stuff, isn't it? I trained mine early. My 8 year old daughter is into Zeppelin, and she thinks it's cool she has morning 'bed head' just like Jimmy's early uncombed hair days. (they're twins I swear!)

Hopefully she and her brother will keep our things out of respect for their love of Zep. If not, they know I'll come back to haunt them no matter where I end up... or down...

:D

I had 90% my collection stolen in the early 80's. Along with most of the other items in our house. A great series of black and white photos and the negatives that a friend of mine took from the 73 Vancouver show were part of the haul. Professional quality and some of the best shots I've ever seen of the band. I have not seen them surface anywhere which is really a bummer because it probably means they were just thrown away. Most of what's left of my collection is pretty average stuff that was stored at another location at the time of the robbery

Hey at least they didn't steal your master tapes with most of Zeppelin's live recordings and a whole albums worth of demos for your upcoming album...... :angry:

I don't have too much.A few mags from the late 70's early 80's,and a limited edition 211/2500 framed gold record of Whole Lotta Love.

... I hope you know that the "gold" record is not original, I mean not a gold record award (i.e. as RIAA) and not related to the official Record Company or the band ... <_<

Hey at least they didn't steal your master tapes with most of Zeppelin's live recordings and a whole albums worth of demos for your upcoming album...... :angry:

Where are you going with this? She's talking about stolen photos and you're ranting on about live recordings.

I used to have a reasonable collection of vinyl singles but as i got older I realised all I needed was the music (not 15 diferent versions of WLL on 15 diferent singles). So I sold them all to a younger Zephead I worked with for aprox what I'd paid for them.

I collect locks of their hair, taken from them whilst sleeping, and I collect empty food cartons taken from their garbage.

That's cool, right? Right?

:'(

You always manage to bring a smile to my face :D

That's scary to think of what kids will do with our stuff, isn't it? I trained mine early. My 8 year old daughter is into Zeppelin, and she thinks it's cool she has morning 'bed head' just like Jimmy's early uncombed hair days. (they're twins I swear!)

Hopefully she and her brother will keep our things out of respect for their love of Zep. If not, they know I'll come back to haunt them no matter where I end up... or down...

:D

I try not to think about it. Our kids are older than yours but they all grew up listening to Zep - and their degree of affection for the band varies. We were on a road trip this weekend and "Going to California" came on the radio and my daughter said, "I remember you used to play this for me when I was little!" So, they have respect for the band as artists but also feel a connection because the music was part of their childhood. If they hit rough patches in life, as my husband and I once did, it will be their choice or decision to sell - or not sell - the rock and Zep memorabilia. At that point, I won't have any say in the matter. B)

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

I had 90% my collection stolen in the early 80's. Along with most of the other items in our house. A great series of black and white photos and the negatives that a friend of mine took from the 73 Vancouver show were part of the haul. Professional quality and some of the best shots I've ever seen of the band. I have not seen them surface anywhere which is really a bummer because it probably means they were just thrown away. Most of what's left of my collection is pretty average stuff that was stored at another location at the time of the robbery

That's a great shame - sorry to hear about that!

In the late seventies I used to collect all things Zep-or should I say "...all Zep things that a 15 year-old bus-boy could afford!" I used to have the usual: boots, belt-buckles (used to have an all-brass LZ that I wore non-stop, no doubt with short-shorts and white socks up to my knees! Hey, it was the seventies...) pins, posters, etc.

There used to be a head shop a mile or two from my house. They used to sell music stuff as well as, er, 'head' stuff. They used to sell these things that were kinda like posters only they were made of wood. It was lile someone took a piece of plywood and then painted a pic on top of it...mine was "the boys", of course. It was from a concert pic, looks to me like '75. Believe it or not, I still have it! It's in my basement and is still in good condition. It probably cost me 10-15 bucks at the time. It was always the 'centerpiece' ( :D ) of my collection! Well, besides my copy of Japan '70 vinyl (which oddly, i still have) with the most crystal clear version of "Friends" - the rest of the album is barely audible! They are the remnants of my "collection". The music, official or not, is what does it for me these days...

Edited by stonefreelee

...BadnZep1.jpg

One of the few pages I saved out of lots of paper memorabilia tossed by dear ol' Mom.

Magnetic picture books will rot. Didn't know back then, I was just lucky Mom didn't get everything.

The pink ticket was from the 73 show here in SLC.

The bottom ticket, though not visable was from the 77 Forum.

The passes are, passes. B)

Holy73.jpg

These were some "trivia" from the Riot House, and some silly stuff from a scrapbook.

Edited by Hotplant