What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

I don't have any autographs. I collect a little bit of everything when it comes to Zep though. I'm really close to having all their albums on first pressing. I only need LZ1, but I can't find an affordable copy of it. I'm not made of money and can't afford a few hundred for a first pressing of LZ1.

My collection is pretty basic. the only thing I have thats any good are albums - 60 boots on disc (free), 3 boots on vinyl (~100 bucks total). I've always wanted to trade and collect, but im a 23 year old broke college student and can't afford some of this shit.

The upside - I found an un-opened Led Zeppelin I vinyl at an old lady's garage sale for 25 bucks... took every ounce of energy not to look too excited when buying it so as she didnt realize what she had and jack up the price on me.. also found a used but playable Presence for 10 bucks... lots of posters too.. her son must've been a Zeppelin fan and moved away or something... Lets just say there was enough Zeppelin and other band memoribilia laying around for me to spend about 30 minutes scrounging through boxes looking for something big like autographed pictures or something. Ended up spending about 50 bucks there and got some neat shit, but nothing groundbreaking.

Other than that, you gotta pay to play... sometimes I contemplate taking out a student loan for some of the Zeppelin gear I come across and can't afford.

Heres hoping someday I stumble across a hidden treasure trove in someones garage someday (when I have money)

Edited by docron

1995 Jimmy Page / Robert Plant Tour Memorabilia

1995PagePlantTour5.jpg

I found this amusing. I guess people will bootleg anything to do with Zeppelin. I wonder how many people even managed to get backstage with that pass?

I found this amusing. I guess people will bootleg anything to do with Zeppelin. I wonder how many people even managed to get backstage with that pass?

Unlicensed merchandise being sold outside the venues was also a concern throughout this tour. I have the legal documentation which was drawn up to be served against

anyone caught in the act. Confiscation of unlicensed merchandise was authorized.

Bootleg passes are almost as amusing as those with no passes who insist they are

somehow affiliated with the local press/national media and as such entitled to front

row seating/photographer's pit access.

I had to laugh when I saw this flyer warning about the fake backstage passes: when I was (much) younger, my best friend & I had tickets for The Firm, and we came up with the crazy idea of making our own backstage passes. Since I was the more artistic one, I was the one that made them- I drew the Firm logo on a black background, printed "Backstage Access" underneath & then had them laminated. They looked good from a distance but not close up.

After the show we approached the stage where one of the road crew was & held up our "passes"- he was nice not to laugh at us & pointed to where we should go to. We went over there but we chickened out. As we were starting to leave, 2 girls younger than us saw the passes & said "wow you have backstage passes! do you know Jimmy Page?" I said to them "if I knew Jimmy Page do you think I would be standing here right now!" :D

After the show we approached the stage where one of the road crew was & held up our "passes"- he was nice not to laugh at us & pointed to where we should go to. We went over there but we chickened out.

That's pretty funny! :lol: But you shouldn't have chickened out... who knows - you may have gotten further than you would have thought.

Laminated Walt Disney World Pass for Promotional Jason Bonham Video Shoot (1989)

1989_WaltDisneyWorldPass.jpg

Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

Jason recalls filming Bonham's first promotional video ('Wait For You') "in 90 degree heat". MTV aired the world premier on September 3rd 1989 and their first tour began in

Florida later that month.

Bonham's second promotional video, 'Guilty', was filmed on October 28th 1989. This was

memorable for him on account of having a broken hand at the time.

Bonham's third and final promotional video, 'Change of a Season', was filmed in Australia in Jun/Jul 1992.

Edited by SteveAJones

I don't have any autographs. I collect a little bit of everything when it comes to Zep though. I'm really close to having all their albums on first pressing. I only need LZ1, but I can't find an affordable copy of it. I'm not made of money and can't afford a few hundred for a first pressing of LZ1.

A few hundreds? what kind of 1st album are you talking about?

For that price I only know the UK turquoise (because it's fashonable not rare) and, of course, the US test pressing white label.

Even the US 'purple' label is not more than 150$ (and it's pretty rare in vg conditions).

B)

hey rick was a very big source ... and he's still on (more or less) :)

[not really cheap but I'm pretty sure that if you want an Object ... you can ask him for about 1000$ ... maybe less]

Wow! There is some amazing stuff on there, and I've only looked at the first few items.

A few hundreds? what kind of 1st album are you talking about?

For that price I only know the UK turquoise (because it's fashonable not rare) and, of course, the US test pressing white label.

Even the US 'purple' label is not more than 150$ (and it's pretty rare in vg conditions).

B)

I'm looking for a first pressing (first run) of the first album. The only places I could find them is on ebay, and they run from $200. I don't have a job, since I'm not old enough to work and neither of my parents will just hand over that much money. My dad does really well about buying me music stuff, but there is a limit on the amount of money, which is understandable.

Also, One has to be careful as well about buying fake collectibles...

There's tons on the internet, at record shows and elsewhere...

There's a guy out of Virginia that sold/ possibly still sells scans of tour books, laminates, passes, etc that are all reproductions... (and tries to pass them off as legit at record shows)... There's also a few places that sell overpriced repros on the West Coast...

R B)

Edited by reids

I have so much stuff I wouldn't know where to begin. Buttons patches, Tshirts, promos. Until I can get a comprehensive list, here are the highlights of my collection:

1. John Bonham's hat.(CROWN JEWEL!)

2. John Paul Jones' autograph from when I met him in Austin, TX in '91.

3. 3 Inflatable promo blimps

4. The Object

5. The New Zealand boxed release of their 45's "Ten Legendary Singles".

6. ITTOD record store stand up display.

I'm working on a list and pics to put on my Myspace but it will take some time. I do have a pic of me wearing Bonzo's hat on the page. I rarely wear it if at all but this was a special occasion. We were playing a childrens Xmas benefit show.

If anyone's interested, my page is myspace.com/frankginocchio

I have a simple collection. Still have all the vinyl discs plus one vinyl bootleg. I'm real big on Zeppelin shirts although many have fallen by the wayside as I am proud to announce to the world that I am a Zeppelin fanatic. Still have a few posters. I'm slowly starting to build more items via eBay. Should have a copy of III pressed on green vinyl within the week. More to come...

Wow! There is some amazing stuff on there, and I've only looked at the first few items.

i highly recommend him as well. he may not sound inexpensive, but you will get what he says it is.

right now, i'm into russian bootleg vinyls of zeps catalogue. i've got several copies of 1 and 4, even 4 with HOTH in a double with idiotic crazy graphics. i have a 2 and and looking for a good PG next. i'll try to scan 'em this weekend and show you guys.

as for past obsessive collecting, i not only did zep but tons of beatles and dylan. lost most to katrina, but saved a few suprises, like most of the books and vinyl.

i did also save some lithos of jimmy shot by jim marshall, '77 tour (not a copy-there are many) and earls court programs.

I have a simple collection. Still have all the vinyl discs plus one vinyl bootleg. I'm real big on Zeppelin shirts although many have fallen by the wayside as I am proud to announce to the world that I am a Zeppelin fanatic. Still have a few posters. I'm slowly starting to build more items via eBay. Should have a copy of III pressed on green vinyl within the week. More to come...

I've seen pink Zep vinyl, but never green. That is a really cool find.

Robert Plant: 1985 North American Tour

TShirt1.jpg

Florida Coach provided the tour bus. This embroidered polo shirt was worn by the driver.

TShirt2.jpg

Hampton, VA Promoter's shirt (Front)

TShirt3.jpg

Hampton, VA Promoter's shirt (Back)

TShirt4.jpg

Tampa, FL Promoter's shirt (Back)

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes: 1999 & 2000 North American Concerts

TShirt5.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Front)

TShirt6.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Back)

TSHirt7.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Front)

TShirt8.jpg

KLOS 95.5 Los Angeles Promotional T-Shirt (Back) (This concert was cancelled)

I've seen pink Zep vinyl, but never green. That is a really cool find.

Yeah I thought so too. :)

I just picked it up on eBay a couple of days ago. The album was printed in Isreal... or at least that's where it came from. I should have it next week sometime and I'll post pics of it.

Doubt I'll give it a spin because I have the recent release of III on 200gram vinyl. THAT sounds incredible.

:blink:

I'm still in touch with Rick; he's alive and well. He doesn't publish a Led Zeppelin catalog

as he used to but he's active as an ebay merchant. Terrific guy; highly recommended!

ITA about Rick, great guy- got to meet him at the 1988 Meadowlands Zep Convention. I bought a lot from his auctions in the 80's.

Thanks Steve for sharing some stuff from your archive! I bet your home must be the size of a warehouse to hold all that wonderful memorabilia! :D