What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

I have a tee shirt that Jimmy gave me, the 1977 United States tour shirt, sold to the public was white on black, a hand full of black on white ones were printed for the band and their family's, I was at Plumpton and Jimmy asked if I would like a copy of @The song Remains The Same', I said that I had it, although one of the records was damaged, he gave me a copy and signed it, he asked if there was anything else, I said no I was more than happy with the album, he said he knew something I would like, he went out of the room and when he returned he had a shirt in his hand, it was the shirt that he was wearing before he left the room, it was his black on white 1977 USA Tour shirt.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Show identified as 09-04-1970 Inglewood (blueberry hill) thanks to the plantation "who threw the firecracker, you want to be locked up, you should be locked up." Or something like that. There appears to be some printing on the label, it's almost completely gone.

Matrix #

BP-3576-A

BP-3576-B

Side One

Bring it On Home

That's The Way

Boogie Mama (fragment)

Side Two

Communication Breakdown (including Good Times Bad Times, For What It's Worth, I Saw Her Standing There)

Since I've Been Loving You

What Is And What Should Never Be

I've yet to nail down a source, that will take a little bit more work.

Great to hear the unbridled geekiness of the above posts. Yes, material goods won't bring ultimate satisfaction, but by Jove, they do help pass the time. Sorry to hear about Rock Historian's loss of all that rare well-loved stuff. As Freddie sang, "carry on, carry on...".

Now, apart from my Classic Records 200 gram collection of all the Zep studio albums (literal audio orgasms in every weighty groove), my favourite item of LZ collection is the original sheet music book of ITTOD, which I found in a 2nd hand bookshop in Vancouver in 1994 for only CAN$12. I tried to remain calm when buying it cos I don't think they knew how rare it was. It's a lovely package with great photos, an essay and is bookended with two semi-transparent pages of each side of the inner sleeve. It was a great way to figure out chords and, especially, the lyrics of that album. Suddenly Carouselambra made sense!

Great to hear the unbridled geekiness of the above posts. Yes, material goods won't bring ultimate satisfaction, but by Jove, they do help pass the time. Sorry to hear about Rock Historian's loss of all that rare well-loved stuff. As Freddie sang, "carry on, carry on...".

Now, apart from my Classic Records 200 gram collection of all the Zep studio albums (literal audio orgasms in every weighty groove), my favourite item of LZ collection is the original sheet music book of ITTOD, which I found in a 2nd hand bookshop in Vancouver in 1994 for only CAN$12. I tried to remain calm when buying it cos I don't think they knew how rare it was. It's a lovely package with great photos, an essay and is bookended with two semi-transparent pages of each side of the inner sleeve. It was a great way to figure out chords and, especially, the lyrics of that album. Suddenly Carouselambra made sense!

Wow! I didn't know that the ITTOD sheet music book was considered a rare Zeppelin collectible- so if it is I'm glad too because I have one as well.

I've yet to nail down a source, that will take a little bit more work.

Almost impossible if there is nothing inscribed in the dead wax of those white label pressings. It looks like a mid to late 1980s knock off of a previously available Blueberry Hill title. Pressing a bootleg of a bootleg on vinyl with white labels with a cheap cover slick thrown in to jazz it up was a fairly common practice at the time.

Almost impossible if there is nothing inscribed in the dead wax of those white label pressings. It looks like a mid to late 1980s knock off of a previously available Blueberry Hill title. Pressing a bootleg of a bootleg on vinyl with white labels with a cheap cover slick thrown in to jazz it up was a fairly common practice at the time.

The only thing that is inscribed in the dead wax is the matrix numbers and "BP". Since I only paid about $35 for it I am quite happy. A trip through the record cleaner and it should be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

This just arrived...

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg1kgBQI,1pHMGw~~60_12.JPG

Jacket is in poor condition, one of the albums is chipped on the very edge, but it sounds great for the price I paid.

Some info I found on this one.

Name: Led Zeppelin Performed Live In Seattle

Label: Highway Hifi

Matrix #: HH Seattle 1 - 4

Apparently this is from a JEMS tape, and, from the info I can find, is the first bootleg pressing of this date.

Tracklisting:

"It's Been A Long Time" (Rock and Roll)

Celebration Day

Black Dog

Over The Hills and Far Away

Misty Mountain Hop

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

The Song Remains The Same

The Rain Song

Stairway To Heaven

The Ocean

Whole Lotta Love

• 3 weeks later...

T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUuTBQSQwQ06g60_57.jpg?t=1347921741

Led Zeppelin: Mudslide

Label: Unknown (perhaps TNT Productions?)

Matrix #'s: 1826-A/b

Info Gathered based on matrix #'s

A rerelease of MUDSLIDE (Trade Mark Of Quality TMOQ 71040). Original TMOQ plates. Recorded at the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada on March 21, 1970, the first ever Led Zeppelin bootleg to be released. FM broadcast. Mudslide is a remake of the original first LP 'PB'.

Side 1:

Heartbreaker medley incl. Bouree (6:06)

Organ Solo - Thank You (7:50)

What Is And What Should Never Be (4:12)

Side 2:

Communication Breakdown medley (4:57) incl. Cowgirl In The Sand, Ramble On, For What It's Worth, People/We're Gonna Groove (not listed 3:46)

Since I've Been Loving You (6:43)

Whole Lotta Love (2:38)

• 2 weeks later...

Some more tapes from my collection:

DSCF4637.jpg

Top row, left to right - first two are record club editions, then an Italian 'Presence' and a UK '...Out Door'.

Bottom row - record club, Tape Club of America edition, South African, and a certain essential UK various artists release.

• 1 month later...

I love this one with the little cig hanging out of his mouth. Classic- don't ever sell it!!

It's awesome but they don't ever get his face quite right, do they? Here he looks like Ritchie Blackmore; in the other statues he looks like Joe Perry.

Up until my daughter bought me Led Zeppelin tea mug and fabric wall hanging with the lyrics to STH and the bloke with the lamp ( which has never been hung) I had'nt had anything. I'm not one for for memoribillia. The Music is enough for me.

Hi folks, just wanted to give you a heads up in case you're able to do this. Today I was in Best Buy to get the new bluray, and they have a pro poster for the new album of the three members standing side by side on the wall. It's about 3 1/2 feet high by 15 inches or so. I asked the girl if they had any more in the back and she said no, but she looked at the bottom of the poster and she said that they will be removing it on Dec. 1st and most likely will just throw it away. I mentioned that I was a big fan of the band and could I have it. So she took my name and phone number and said she'd put it in the back for me to pick up on the 1st. Maybe your local store will do similar for you collectors. :)

• 4 months later...

I have a ton of Zeppelin stuff, but nothing real rare/valuable. My most prized Zeppelin items would have to be my vinyls. I would love to get my hands on some original ticket stubs though! My mother has no idea where her Atlanta '73 ticket went. :( And boy how I wish I had gone to Best Buy to do that!!!!

Edited by JLee93