What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

Strange that the 1970 show ticket price is 25 cents more than the 1972 ticket and they're both relatively in the same part of the arena.

That's an interesting observation. There's an ad for the 9/4/70 in the Timeline which lists the prices for that show as $4.25, $5.25, $6.25, and $7.25. There's also an ad for the 8/21/71 and 8/22/71 shows which lists those prices as $4.00, $5.00, $6.00, and $7.00. There's no ad with prices for the 6/25/72 show, but there is one for the 6/27/72 show. It says tickets were $4.50, $5.50, and $6.50. I checked The Concert File and The Press Reports and didn't see anything from '72 saying Zep was trying to hold ticket prices in check. Based on that, it seems like the '70 show was priced higher than normal. Maybe the sellout earlier that year of the March 27th show gave either Zep or the promoters the idea that they could raise the prices on the September show.

That's an interesting observation. There's an ad for the 9/4/70 in the Timeline which lists the prices for that show as $4.25, $5.25, $6.25, and $7.25. There's also an ad for the 8/21/71 and 8/22/71 shows which lists those prices as $4.00, $5.00, $6.00, and $7.00. There's no ad with prices for the 6/25/72 show, but there is one for the 6/27/72 show. It says tickets were $4.50, $5.50, and $6.50. I checked The Concert File and The Press Reports and didn't see anything from '72 saying Zep was trying to hold ticket prices in check. Based on that, it seems like the '70 show was priced higher than normal. Maybe the sellout earlier that year of the March 27th show gave either Zep or the promoters the idea that they could raise the prices on the September show.

But prices are nothing like today, even when you factor inflation in. Not even close.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this autographed Knebworth sweatshirt.

Knebworthsshirt.jpg

Knebworthsshirtb.jpg

It's too small to wear. I think the brown coloured ones were slghtly less popular than the white ones ( I can see why - don't know what made me go for that colour! )

If anyone wants to make me a (sensible) offer on this I may be interested so please PM me.

knebby i would love to make an offer on this, but probably out of my range :(

i hope you get a great offer. :)

Hi STZ - thanks. I'm not sure yet if I'll Ebay it - I might get in touch with some collectors I've encountered over the years. I gave away my Bonham-autographed Knebworth programme to a charity auction so I'm really not sure what I should be looking for for this,but am sure I'll get some advice. :)

• 2 weeks later...