Best Party Bands

alwizard03

Any event that has a DJ, I make sure that Rock Lobster gets played. And I have a patented dance move that involves a worm squiggle that goes into a sombersault of sorts during it - broke a table and spilled a group of people onto the dance floor at one wedding...

Sounds interesting and a little hazerdous

I'd say I was the opposite of sad. I used to hate wedding receptions, until I realized that boozing up and suggesting something more hopping to play than Lionel Richie is very encouraged at these events. The video camera evidence - that people watch later when they're straight, can be damning, though.

I'd say I was the opposite of sad. I used to hate wedding receptions, until I realized that boozing up and suggesting something more hopping to play than Lionel Richie is very encouraged at these events. The video camera evidence - that people watch later when they're straight, can be damning, though.

It's cool, I was just referring to your misspelling of "sombersault". I'm pretty sure it's "somersault" so you were just one letter off.

Saw Kiss in 75 and 76 and J Geils in 78 (?) and they are both great party bands but in Ontario in the 70s the greatest party band had to be Max Webster. They always played the beaches and resorts all summer and then usually opened for Rush in the winters. They were always so into the audience that you couldn't help but party with them. One of their biggest crowd pleasers was actually a song called "The Party" where the crowd always sang the intro

Saw Kiss in 75 and 76 and J Geils in 78 (?) and they are both great party bands but in Ontario in the 70s the greatest party band had to be Max Webster. They always played the beaches and resorts all summer and then usually opened for Rush in the winters. They were always so into the audience that you couldn't help but party with them. One of their biggest crowd pleasers was actually a song called "The Party" where the crowd always sang the intro

found this on you tube

Hey aren't you missing THE WHO? Great show I saw them in Milwaukee I think in the 80's (not sure what year my memory is failing (to many brain cells destroyed) probably from that Milwaukee beer and ????? Aerosmith is also one of my favorites saw them in Dallas last year. Joe Perry is awesome also Steven Tyler is a great frontman. Good Show even though we got ripped off for parking. Someone posed as a parking person told up where to park directing traffic and took $20 from us. Felt like an idiot! :(

Hey aren't you missing THE WHO? Great show I saw them in Milwaukee I think in the 80's (not sure what year my memory is failing (to many brain cells destroyed) probably from that Milwaukee beer and ????? Aerosmith is also one of my favorites saw them in Dallas last year. Joe Perry is awesome also Steven Tyler is a great frontman. Good Show even though we got ripped off for parking. Someone posed as a parking person told up where to park directing traffic and took $20 from us. Felt like an idiot! :(

Its all good Aerosmith and the Who Rock

I had never heard them not bad there may be some decent new music out there.

I'm glad you checked the links. I've seen them a couple of times and they are definitely worth checking out if you're intrested in rock'n'roll.

• 1 month later...
I'll third that. Saw them at least 5 or 6 times, including 3 at Cobo....some of the first arena shows I ever saw. Peter Wolf was the most under-rated rock frontman in the 70's. Still like that sequence on Monkey Island of "Surrender", "I Do", and "Somebody".

"Detroit Breakdown.....Motor City Shakedown"

Hey Bong Man

Good to see a fellow Detroit Skinny relive those Cobo days.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I first saw J Geils at the old Eastown Theater on Harper & Van Dyke. Man, that was a looong time ago. I also saw them again at DTE (then Pine Knob). For my money, though, George Thorogood and the Destroyers keep me going from beginning to end.

Hey Bong Man

Good to see a fellow Detroit Skinny relive those Cobo days.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I first saw J Geils at the old Eastown Theater on Harper & Van Dyke. Man, that was a looong time ago. I also saw them again at DTE (then Pine Knob). For my money, though, George Thorogood and the Destroyers keep me going from beginning to end.

Saw Thorogood in 97 with ZZ Top in Biloxi great show He does party

RUSHUFOMAXWEBSTER77.jpg

Rush ,UFO,Max Webster 77 New Orleans LA Warehouse

Whether anyone here likes them or not, the quintessential party band is Parliament/Funkadelic.

A bunch a crazed black men tripping balls coming out of a spaceship wearing diapers & sporting rainbow colored dreadlocks while launching into "Flashlight" & "Tear The Roff Of This Mutha" is a party to me. Bootsy alone is a party.

Archived