guitar tab for Whole Lotta Love at Knebworth

Okay, I'm sure everyone on these boards owns the DVD so maybe one of you can help me. The version of Whole Lotta Love played at Knebworth is fantastic, and the reason why it stands out, to me and I'm sure to others on here is because of the jam in the middle and that riff that Jimmy plays. Never before or since has the group played that part in the middle of WLL or any other tune save for those few gigs in 1979. Which is probably why I've never been able to find or figure out what it is exactly that Jimmy's playing there.

It sounds to me like he's playing in E and going to D but I'm probably wrong. Anyhoo, my band and I have been trying to figure this little bit out to mess around with it and I'm at my wits end. I'm sure somebody on here is good at writing out tabs so If anybody wouldn't mind taking the time to watch this bit and figure out just those riffs are in the middle, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot

Okay, I'm sure everyone on these boards owns the DVD so maybe one of you can help me. The version of Whole Lotta Love played at Knebworth is fantastic, and the reason why it stands out, to me and I'm sure to others on here is because of the jam in the middle and that riff that Jimmy plays. Never before or since has the group played that part in the middle of WLL or any other tune save for those few gigs in 1979. Which is probably why I've never been able to find or figure out what it is exactly that Jimmy's playing there.

It sounds to me like he's playing in E and going to D but I'm probably wrong. Anyhoo, my band and I have been trying to figure this little bit out to mess around with it and I'm at my wits end. I'm sure somebody on here is good at writing out tabs so If anybody wouldn't mind taking the time to watch this bit and figure out just those riffs are in the middle, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot

I can't be bothered to do it myself, but you should be able to do it for yourself. It's not that hard, just listen and try to play along. Start and stop and go over bits you can't play until you get it right.....

from memory there is a bit where he plays this;

E ------------------------------------------

B ------------------------------------------

G ------7-7-7-7-5-3-3-2-3---------------

D ------7-7-7-7-5-3-3-2-3---------------

A ------5-5-5-5-3-1-1-0-1---------------

E ------------------------------------------

Archived