CMT Awards 4/14/08

chell

Beautiful pictures chell...thanks for posting them all in one place and to all who shared them. I didn't watch the show as I didn't think Robert and Alison would appear. Darn!

catsclaw...there's a link to the CMT site here on the board. That way you can watch the award being given out. Its in the Pre/Post Zeppelin section under Gone, Gone, Gone wins award...when you get to the CMT site...just scroll down to Wide Open Country and its about 1/2 way thru that video. Hope this helps ya.

catsclaw...there's a link to the CMT site here on the board. That way you can watch the award being given out. Its in the Pre/Post Zeppelin section under Gone, Gone, Gone wins award...when you get to the CMT site...just scroll down to Wide Open Country and its about 1/2 way thru that video. Hope this helps ya.

Thanks motherhen, I'll check it out! :thanku:

Lovely. :)

Who'd of thunk Robert would go to a Country Music Awards :blink: and WIN for the video!

What were they joking about....."wide open" something, referring to the category? :lol:

Robert is getting his Americana groove on quite nicely.

:rolleyes:

It was held at Belmont University's Curb Events Center, named after Michael Curb, which was completed in 2003.

"I'd like to say how peculiar it is to be here. It's a great honor to have made a record in Nashville that sounds so good. I'd like to thank Don and Phil Everly for getting me through my teenage years, and I'd like to thank Alison for helping me get through my late 50s."

-Robert Plant

variety.com

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss captured a trophy for their lively "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" in the Wide Open Country video of the year category. Asked about their musical versatility, Krauss said, "Well, we've got piles of style. We hope that more of it is on the style side than the pile side."

Referring to his recent experiences of working in Nashville, the Led Zeppelin vocalist added, "I'm being initiated into this world. I mean, I knew about Don Gibson and all the great writers when I was a kid, but I got preoccupied for 30 years."

The iconic rock star was quick to praise Krauss' talent, although some reporters scrambled for online dictionaries to understand what he was saying.

"She's multifarious," he said. "She has a myriad of different parts to her style. Apart from the beautiful voice, the poignant vocal, she's one of the most incredible fireworks. It's like an incendiary of laughter and humor and sensitivity. It's magnificent. What a find, so late in life."

Krauss repaid the compliment by saying, "Oh, I think Robert can fit in just about anywhere. He's comfortable in any situation. I haven't seen anything that he couldn't handle. He's loved Nashville. What a great place to be, and it was a great night."

www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1585690/backstage-with-rascal-flatts-leann-rimes-robert-plant-and-alison-krauss

I wonder How He really feels when He played the Ryman for the first time in Nashville in 2005 He said He had been trying to get in for thirty years and someone left the back door opened and now He has a Country Music Award just a few short years later.What a ride.

ROBERTPLANTANDSTRANGESENSATIONSRYMA.jpg

I wonder How He really feels when He played the Ryman for the first time in Nashville in 2005 He said He had been trying to get in for thirty years and someone left the back door opened and now He has a Country Music Award just a few short years later.What a ride.

Nashville has a history, but they fired Hank Williams Sr from the Opry. What can you think about a place that fired Hank Williams Sr?

125062070_465569.gif

125085884_809584.gif

Glitter Graphics

Archived