Ted Nugent On Meeting Pagey.....Why I hate Ted

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Ted is unique in that, while he has one, he is one as well.

What would you expect from someone who lusts after young girls and kills things for the hell of it?

As for a role model I know who I prefer!

I haven't heard anything from Ted musically in a long time, not to mention the timeless classics.

Interestingly, music stores banned customers from playing Stairway because everybody liked the song so much it drove the storekeepers crazy from hearing it so often.

You won't see a sign like that in any guitar shop for any of Ted's music because nobody remembers it, let alone plays it?

Ted's best 'work' was with the amboy dukes. "Great White Buffalo" was my favorite by him...

I can remember Ted taking left handed swipes at Zep back in the '70's. I can't recall exactly what he said, (I guess a little too much of that Jimmy Page influenced behavior of my youth has clouded my memory :blink: ) but it was something to the effect that if you come to his shows you were going to get nothin' but balls out rock, as opposed to some bands who want to go all soft right in the middle of a show. I always took that as a cheap shot at Zep's tendency to sit down and get intimate with an accoustic set.

That's fine Teddy boy...but I think you probably knew in your heart of hearts that when push came to shove and the big dogs came out, our band would have been wearing your ass for a pelt. :D

First there is the insult which is pathetic...come on, boogers and snot?? What is he five? Second, in order for it to be something worth talking about the celebrity doing the bashing has to be someone with a bit more 'celeb status' than Ted frickin' Nugent!! The insult is automatically cancelled out if it's Ted Nugent saying it. I'd take drooling Jimmy Page over possum-eating Ted Nugent ANY day of the week.

His work with the Amboy Dukes was his best!

The song you mention, "Journey to the Center of Your Mind" is a psychedelic classic! Someone must have at least blown some reefer smoke in his face before he recorded it.

That 70's Cat Scratch Fever period sucked.

I'm not saying you said this, but you don't have to NECESSARILY take drugs to play/sing and appreciate psychedelic music. Little Steven and LSUG is a clear example of this :)

Getting back to topic, as a guitarist, Ted has clashed with other big time axemen like Frank Marino and has always made a flop. Comparing Ted's guitar playing with Pagey's is a little out of the question innit??! :)

Well, we all know Jimmy did drugs, so did every other rocker!! Thats so old news and old Nugent. However, I dont buy for one minute thta Nugent never did drugs! His early bands album (Amboy Dukes?)has shrooms and pipes on it, and he claims he didnt know what that was about? bullshi-! Hes an egotistical, untalented loud mouth, who likes to kill animals for fun, idiot! The other thing is most of these old rock guys, wrote great music, then they get straight and they suck!! Just like many writers, its one of the flaws of being an artist. Case in point, Aerosmith, havent had a decent album since they got straight!!!!

off topic i know but was there a time when james hetfield was close to turning into ted nugent? i'm thinking of the relentless macho act, the ludicrous over-groomed facial hair and the' live off what you kill,huntin'shootin' wild outdoor man' stuff. just me? thought so... caps lock? it's round here somewhere...

Well it's obvious to me you never been in a duck blind with Ted. Ted is a pretty cool cat, probably more personal, but i think he does put on a small act. Jimmy is just smart, funny guy, but a bad jimmy is still a bad jimmy.

Like Nugent would invite a chick into a duck blind for any purposes other than his own physical amusement. :rolleyes:

I'm with Suz on this one. At the very least I can't picture Jimmy blowing a duck out of the sky for fun. He's got more cool in his pinky finger stoned off his nut slinging a guitar than Nugent does sober as a judge slinging a rifle, anyway.

i don't blame him. ted's megalomania must pound through his temple when he looks at page's body of work......and then his own. i would venture that page's doors of perception have been "cleansed" by his experience but poor ted's have never been open....

Bingo.

Jimmy never lusted after young girls, of course. B)

At least they lusted after him, back. :D

Ted Nugent criticizes others because he criticizes himself. He has not forgiven himself for his own perceived weakness. But there is hope for redemption, even for Ted. You wouldn't know it, and most people don't see through it, but Ted is actually kind of hard on himself.

None of us are perfect in this world. Ted, it's okay to forgive yourself, it's not your fault that others make bad choices. You want to stop them sometimes, but you can't.

Sometimes all you can do is love them while they are here, and pray for them when they have moved on up the big road. None of us goes down that big road by ourselves; we have a Father in heaven who guides us despite our weakness. My condolences to you for your loss.

Ted Nugent criticizes others because he criticizes himself. He has not forgiven himself for his own perceived weakness. But there is hope for redemption, even for Ted. You wouldn't know it, and most people don't see through it, but Ted is actually kind of hard on himself. None of us are perfect in this world.

I have never thought of anyone as perfect. But I have thought of Nugent as a dick for many years. Just my opinion.

Ted Nuggent is a hunter, what he kills he eats. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't know why you people are making fun of the fact he stayed clean during his life. Jimmy, god bless his heart, was as big as an idiot as any other person who abuses drugs. Yes Jimmy is a better guitarist, but Ted was making fun of the way he looked. Jimmy has been know to be with an underage girl, but yes Ted had made a bigger deal about it. Think about all the great things zep could've done with out Page bieng stoned out of his mind during ITTOD and If bonzo didn't drink as much wich caouse him to choke on his own vomit.

Ted Nuggent is a hunter, what he kills he eats. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't know why you people are making fun of the fact he stayed clean during his life. Jimmy, god bless his heart, was as big as an idiot as any other person who abuses drugs. Yes Jimmy is a better guitarist, but Ted was making fun of the way he looked. Jimmy has been know to be with an underage girl, but yes Ted had made a bigger deal about it. Think about all the great things zep could've done with out Page bieng stoned out of his mind during ITTOD and If bonzo didn't drink as much wich caouse him to choke on his own vomit.

Nugent pauses.

"It's five, actually. I had a child out of wedlock 10 years ago. I suggest you include that, to show what a prick I am. Here I am, railing against people who do drugs, and I did something like that."

www.tednugent.com

Think about all the great things zep could've done with out Page bieng stoned out of his mind during ITTOD and If bonzo didn't drink as much wich caouse him to choke on his own vomit.

ITTOD is better than anything Nugent ever put on tape.

I'm not sure what to think of Ted at times, I meet him once and he was a great down to earth guy that answered all my questions. My take is he was around alot of the 70's rockers like Joe Perry, Steven Tyler, Bon Scott ect.. we weren't. He even jammed with Hendrix & Page !!! If he really was sober back then while being around these talented people when they were in bad shape it was probably really sad in a way to him. I mean these people were his friends in some case's. like a Joe Perry who Ted has taken shots at. Joe still love's Ted as far as I know. !! Ted is a GREAT guitar player to this day !!! He still has a limited Chuck Berry style but so what !!! He has alot of great songs. The Damn Yankee's were the best ''live'' band that I saw in the last 15 years period !!! But Ted get's no respect for that band because it wasn't Ted's traditional hard rock work. As far as ripping on Page I don't like it but some of it is true in a way. Ted is Ted !!! I think he is good for rock & roll !!! I'll go see him play again.

Nugent is hilarious, seen him live and got some of his DVD's and records, some fun stuff, just don't take anything he says seriously. Derek St. Holmes, Ted's bandmate in the Cat Scratch Fever days, says that Ted used to insist he was as good as Jimmy Page and Derek would tell him "No you are not Ted" and that used to get to him apparently, cause he respected Derek and knows to this day he had his best years with him and Cliff Davies (RIP, died 2 days ago) in the band. That was the Cat Scratch Fever lineup. Derek says Ted's ego was beyond anything you have ever seen. Obviously Ted is not even in the same universe, let alone ballpark, as Page in ANY way as a player, writer, improviser, or producer. We know that. He knows that. A dead chicken knows that. Ted couldn't even play Out On The Tiles correctly on Supergroup show. Nuge is quite jealous of Page and even admitted he made history with Zeppelin and covers WLL once in a while (playing it wrong of course). And for anybody that thinks Ted isn't jealous of Page's success, get your head checked, it happens ALOT in the music biz. Look at all the powerhouse tunes Zeppelin wrote, any one of them makes Fred Bear or any other Nugent tune sound like a pathetic children's nursery rhyme. That being said, I don't let that stop me from laughing at Ted's humorous white trash antics, he can be entertaining (he called Hillary Clinton a c%$! when I saw him open up for KISS in 2000!). Ted has the biggest ego in the biz. The best part is Jimmy Page never says a bad word about him, probably doesn't even know who he is! Page has class, Nugent...not so much. Yeah Page did slobber all over himself on the Outrider show, but what can you say, he's in the JP zone. Ted should learn to respect his musical superiors. His bows and arrows and venison can't help him become something he's not, a real songwriter like Page. I have one word for Ted....Kashmir.

I'm not sure what to think of Ted at times, I meet him once and he was a great down to earth guy that answered all my questions. My take is he was around alot of the 70's rockers like Joe Perry, Steven Tyler, Bon Scott ect.. we weren't. He even jammed with Hendrix & Page !!! If he really was sober back then while being around these talented people when they were in bad shape it was probably really sad in a way to him. I mean these people were his friends in some case's. like a Joe Perry who Ted has taken shots at. Joe still love's Ted as far as I know. !! Ted is a GREAT guitar player to this day !!! He still has a limited Chuck Berry style but so what !!! He has alot of great songs. The Damn Yankee's were the best ''live'' band that I saw in the last 15 years period !!! But Ted get's no respect for that band because it wasn't Ted's traditional hard rock work. As far as ripping on Page I don't like it but some of it is true in a way. Ted is Ted !!! I think he is good for rock & roll !!! I'll go see him play again.

what the cornbread hell is going own here?i was a fan of ted until yesterday-uncle ted is fucked up.i will agree ted is a great guitar player but the world is full of great guitar players.only one can be the greatest and his name is JAMES PATRICK PAGE.teds just pissed off because he's not or never can be the alfa male.if i ever get to meet him the strange sensation he'll be feeling wont be the mystical flight of the arrow it will be the mystical flight of my fist upside his fucked up head.and if your listening uncle ted your not much of a hunter either

....wow, never mind......

If you're a fan of Curt Cobain you're really pissed. Actually if what Ted says is true about the baby I agree that they were scum....I wouldn't be pissing on anyone's grave though......

Besides that I just chuckle at the guy... he does have some funny stuff there....

Archived