Ted Nugent On Meeting Pagey.....Why I hate Ted

But lets face it, killing an animal with a high powered sniper rifle in a fenced off field is not hunting is it? And it doesn't make you a hard man or hero either.

Regards, Danny

You might agree with my earlier post, huh?

I believe for the most part, Hunting, has lost it's meaning. As Mangani said previously, most hunters sit on their ass in a tree stand or duck blind or somesuch waiting for their prey to appear. The hunt is what would make it a sport. Not the killing.

Hi Audacity,

I do agree with your previous post.

Danny

I thought you might agree at least somewhat.

I hunt, but my prize is when I shoot a great picture and can admire the majesty of the animal in photography at home, away from the field. Of course nothing compares to seeing with your own eyes the animal in it's natural habitat.

It's thrilling as hell to be out in their environment with no weapons, vulnerable to their whims. My adrenaline shoots through the ceiling when I encounter a bear in the wild. :)

Hi Audacity,

I take my hat of to you sir.

That sounds like a great idea, have a camera attached to the sights and shot the picture instead of the animal.

Coming from the East End of London I have always had to fight as it is a very rough part of town. And being a city lad hunting has never appealed to me as I have always had to fight for a reason, mostly to stopped being bullied. Most people I grew up with went Fishing in the canal, even then I couldn't see the point to it as they always put the fish back.

I suppose thats why they call it Angling as with Fishing you eat your catch.

Regards, Danny

Hi "wanna be drummer"

I think you have got the wrong impression of what I have said.

I got my information from Teds own site, he said he avoided the draft for Vietnam because "he didn't want to get his arse shot off".

In my opinion that makes him a coward.

He likes to shoot things just as long as they cant shoot back.

I don't think anyone wanted to go to Vietnam. 60,000 of our young men died there, and most of them were drafted. I doubt anyone would have gone over there if they had a choice. I don't consider them cowards. BUt I see what you're saying.

But at the same time, it takes balls to shoot a charging moose with a bow and arrow don't you think?

As regards to a "mono e mono fight" (is that "one on one"?) then if I have offended him he should have the right to reply on here.

If he thought that the only way to regain his honour and to gain his lost respect is to fight me then so be it.

But if you think he would walk all over me then think again. I have 20 odd years of Ju Jitsu behind me and I am a very able street fighter, so I am quite use to seeing my own blood all over me.

Good for you. I just can't stand it when people call him a pussy or something when he could rock their ass. You could handle yourself apparently. Thats great. I was sort of talking to you and people in general. Ya know, answering like 8 posts by answering only yours :P

Now your second point, "you seem to hold the belief that since food can be readily made available or received from a restaurant or store, we shouldn't hunt?"

The point I made was that you don't have to "HUNT TO EAT" in the Western world.

If you want to "HUNT TO EAT" I don't have a problem with that, go ahead and do it, that is your right. But lets face it, killing an animal with a high powered sniper rifle in a fenced off field is not hunting is it? And it doesn't make you a hard man or hero either.

Ted doesn't just hunt on his property. He used to go to Canada and hunt black bears among other things. Hunters like him may not "hunt" in the traditional sense, but if he kills an animal and eats it, does it really matter if he stalked it in the woods for 4 hours or not?

So "wanna be drummer" lets not fall out about all this, I am not saying that all hunters are cowards, far from it. But over here in England we have a very large section of especially men who think they are macho if they take part in Fox Hunting, Dog Fighting, Football Fighting and Gang fighting, let me tell you from years of experience they will never fight you on a "one on one" basis where you only have your wits to help you, because there's a slight chance they will lose, and that's the last thing they want to do. Whereas with me losing is my ego telling me to get better, and train harder, and I don't fear that and neither should anyone.

So I say only fight if you have to and only kill if you need to, that way you will never feel guilty.

Sorry I rambled on so much.

Regards, Danny

Peace to you :hippy:

I don't think anyone wanted to go to Vietnam. 60,000 of our young men died there, and most of them were drafted. I doubt anyone would have gone over there if they had a choice. I don't consider them cowards. BUt I see what you're saying.

But at the same time, it takes balls to shoot a charging moose with a bow and arrow don't you think?

Good for you. I just can't stand it when people call him a pussy or something when he could rock their ass. You could handle yourself apparently. Thats great. I was sort of talking to you and people in general. Ya know, answering like 8 posts by answering only yours :P

Ted doesn't just hunt on his property. He used to go to Canada and hunt black bears among other things. Hunters like him may not "hunt" in the traditional sense, but if he kills an animal and eats it, does it really matter if he stalked it in the woods for 4 hours or not?

Peace to you :hippy:

Hi "Wanna be drummer",

So glad we aint gonna fall out over this mate. As for Ted, I don't have anything against him really, I only got the hump with him when I went on to his site and read all the BS about hunting. I have a lot of respect for animals and I don't like it when people abuse them.

Over here in England we have a problem with people who think Dog fighting is OK or Fox hunting makes you a man, and it don't. You cant use killing animals to show how much of a man you are unless you fight them one on one, otherwise you are not being true to yourself.

You say Ted traveled to Canada to shoot Black Bears, but from what I have seen these Bears are killed in their den while very sleepy, and does he eat the Bear after. And is this truly hunting, or just an excuse for killing, please help me with this one as I cant get my head around it.

I had an English Bull Terrier called Monty for 12 years untill he died in 2005. Every one use to say that he was a real big (30lb) bad dog that could kill anything that went up against him.

In truth I trained him to be a gentleman, he never bit or killed anything. He became my best friend and on three occasions I had to fight off dogs that took a dislike to him, I think he would have had to be backed in to a corner before he would fight anything.

The thing about me calling Ted a coward may have been a bit hard on him. But if he didn't want to go to Vietnam and fight the all he had to do was what Cassius Clay did, just say so. But he got out of the draft, and you only have to look at what he says now to know that way down in side him, he regrets what he did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

We could go on for hours about this, couldn't we?

Regards, Danny

It's thrilling as hell to be out in their environment with no weapons, vulnerable to their whims. My adrenaline shoots through the ceiling when I encounter a bear in the wild. :)

I think the excrement would shoot out of it's 'compartment', if you take my meaning! :o

Interesting debate - albeit strangely removed from the the original post. BBC Radio intertivewed Ted Nugent many years ago and produced a show of his all time top 10. He included Happening 10 Years Time Ago and Communication Breakdon whilst gushing on the subject of Jimmy Page.

In fairness to TN he has rather made a career of making his views public, and he is at least consistent if not slightly over the top with his opinions. I actually find him a source of gret entertainment.

I have not had the benefit of reading any of his numerous books on how to prepare meat that you have killed - but I will assume the recipes are not as succesful if you only use photographs of the animal as suggested by some people.

I have some sympathy with people who find the eating of meat entirely unacceptable, but please, surely an animal being hunted in the wild is more palatable to coin a phrase than one that is bred to be fed and slaughtered. Those suggesting that a highg powered rifle or bow and arrow is a mismatch should visit an abatoir.

Although I got into a little bit of nugent way back in the day, he will never feel the love that the world gave to the second four guys from England, LZ. Ted epitomizes the over-the-top carnovirism, war-hawkishness that right-wing America values. Personally, his music doesn't touch any depths like Page's did. His is never at peace. It's constant "11" and he never gives it a break. I've seen Ted twice in concert, and both times it was so loud, I couldn't make out what song he was playing.

• 1 month later...

Ted Nugent is such an idiot . He has bashed Black Sabbath , Hendrix , and now Jimmy . I've even heard him say his music is landmark stuff in the history of rock . His music is not even on the same level as Zeppelin , Sabbath , or Deep Purple . The guy lives in his own world

Artist Certified Units in Millions

BEATLES, THE 170

BROOKS, GARTH 128

PRESLEY, ELVIS 118.5

LED ZEPPELIN 111.5

EAGLES 100

JOEL, BILLY 79.5

PINK FLOYD 74.5

STREISAND, BARBRA 71

JOHN, ELTON 69.5

AC/DC 69

STRAIT, GEORGE 67.5

AEROSMITH 66.5

ROLLING STONES, THE 66

SPRINGSTEEN, BRUCE 63.5

MADONNA 63.5

CAREY, MARIAH 61.5

JACKSON, MICHAEL 60.5

METALLICA 57

VAN HALEN 56.5

HOUSTON, WHITNEY 54

ROGERS, KENNY 51

U2 50.5

DION, CELINE 50

FLEETWOOD MAC 48.5

DIAMOND, NEIL 48.5

KENNY G 48

TWAIN, SHANIA 48

JOURNEY 46

ALABAMA 46

SANTANA 43

CLAPTON, ERIC 42.5

JACKSON, ALAN 42

SEGER, BOB AND THE SILVER BULLET BAND 41

MC ENTIRE, REBA 40.5

GUNS 'N ROSES 39.5

PRINCE 39.5

SIMON & GARFUNKEL 38.5

CHICAGO 38

FOREIGNER 37.5

DYLAN, BOB 37

BACKSTREET BOYS 37

STEWART, ROD 37

2 PAC 36.5

DEF LEPPARD 35

NELSON, WILLIE 35

BON JOVI 34

COLLINS, PHIL 33.5

KELLY, R. 33

TAYLOR, JAMES 33

QUEEN 32.5

DENVER, JOHN 32.5

DOORS, THE 32

MC GRAW, TIM 32

BOSTON 31

SPEARS, BRITNEY 31

MATTHEWS, DAVE BAND 31

DIXIE CHICKS 30.5

RONSTADT, LINDA 30

PEARL JAM 30

OSBOURNE, OZZY 28.75

PETTY, TOM & THE HEARTBREAKERS 28.5

'N SYNC 28

MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER 28

LYNYRD SKYNYRD 28

BOLTON, MICHAEL 28

MANILOW, BARRY 27.5

MELLENCAMP, JOHN 27.5

BOYZ II MEN 27

EMINEM 27

BROOKS & DUNN 26.5

JAY-Z 26

ENYA 26

BEE GEES 26

JACKSON, JANET 26

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL 26

SINATRA, FRANK 25.5

ZZ TOP 25

NIRVANA 25

RUSH 25

HILL, FAITH 25

MILLER, STEVE BAND 24.5

VANDROSS, LUTHER 24.5

CARPENTERS, THE 24.5

CREED 24

GILL, VINCE 24

CARS, THE 23.5

EARTH, WIND & FIRE 23.5

MOTLEY CRUE 23.5

BUFFETT, JIMMY 23

POLICE, THE 22.5

CHESNEY, KENNY 22.5

HENDRIX, JIMI 22.5

SADE 22.5

RICHIE, LIONEL 22

DOOBIE BROTHERS 22

OUTKAST 22

GREEN DAY 22

KEITH, TOBY 22

BEASTIE BOYS 22

TLC 22

R.E.O. SPEEDWAGON 22

BEACH BOYS, THE 21.5

GENESIS 21.5

HEART 21.5

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS 21.5

WHO, THE 21

MEAT LOAF 21

CASH, JOHNNY 21

MORISSETTE, ALANIS 20.5

NELLY 20.5

HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH 20

BRAXTON, TONI 19.5

USHER 19.5

WONDER, STEVIE 19.5

WILLIAMS, HANK, JR. 19.5

R.E.M. 19.5

KISS 19

KID ROCK 19

LINKIN PARK 19

SMASHING PUMPKINS 18.75

MC LACHLAN, SARAH 18.5

BROWNE, JACKSON 18.5

JEWEL 18.5

MATCHBOX TWENTY 18.5

BLIGE, MARY J. 18

TRAVIS, RANDY 18

CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG 18

STING 18

DESTINY'S CHILD 17.5

YOUNG, NEIL 17.5

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS 17.5

MONKEES, THE 17.5

STYX 17.5

GRATEFUL DEAD 17.5

ADAMS, BRYAN 17

MATHIS, JOHNNY 17

NOTORIOUS B.I.G. 17

RAITT, BONNIE 17

GRANT, AMY 17

GROBAN, JOSH 16.5

LIMP BIZKIT 16.5

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK 16.5

KORN 16.5

RIMES, LEANN 16.5

NICKELBACK 16.5

MARLEY, BOB & THE WAILERS 16.5

CROW, SHERYL 16

JONES, NORAH 16

RASCAL FLATTS 16

CONNICK, HARRY, JR. 16

HAMMER 16

JOPLIN, JANIS 15.5

ISLEY BROTHERS 15.5

STEVENS, CAT 15.5

KANSAS 15.5

DIRE STRAITS 15.5

ESTEFAN, GLORIA 15.5

BAD COMPANY 15.5

BLACK SABBATH 15

INXS 15

NO DOUBT 15

MC CARTNEY, PAUL 15

CLINE, PATSY 15

MICHAEL, GEORGE 15

FOGELBERG, DAN 15

MURRAY, ANNE 14.5

OFFSPRING 14.5

CRANBERRIES, THE 14.5

POISON 14.5

AGUILERA, CHRISTINA 14.5

KING, CAROLE 14.5

KEYS, ALICIA 14

MC BRIDE, MARTINA 14

MONTGOMERY, JOHN MICHAEL 14

NEWTON-JOHN, OLIVIA 14

NUGENT, TED 14

Sold out by the Cranberries, Poison, Josh Groban, Mary J. Blige, Kid Rock...ENYA????

Damn Ted! And after your never had a drug ass wrote such epics as Wango Tango???

All right! It's zee Wango, zee Tango

1-2-3-4

Come on boys

Time to Wango

My baby she like to rock

My baby she like to roll

My baby she can dance all night

My baby got no control

She do the Wango Tango

My baby she can scream and shout

My baby she can move it out

My baby she can take a chance

My baby got a brand new dance

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

It's a Wango Tango

Ooooh yeah! (oooooh..)

Baby!

My baby like to rock

My baby like to roll

My baby like to dance all night

She got no control

She do...

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

Ooooh yeah! (oooooh..)

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!

Baby! Baby! Baby! Ooooh I like the way you look baby

You look like you're made for me honey

If you wanna take a little chance

I'm gonna show you a new dance

Baby I gotta Wango down one time with you honey

I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it

Well, it's a brand new dance

Yeah been sweepin' the nation

I said a brand new dance

A rock 'n' roll sensation

Yeah I like it baby, I do it every night

I got to do it 'cos I like it so much

Oh honey believe it baby

You see it's a crazed gyration of the rock generation

It's my motivation to avoid the nauseation, frustration

When I need some lubrication - Baby!

Kinda like, goes kinda like this

You take her right ankle out

You take her left ankle out

You get her belly propped down

You get her butt propped up

Yeah lookin' good now baby

I think you're in the right position now baby

Yeah but if you ain't quite ready I'll make sure everything is a little bit nicer 'cos

I'm gonna get a little talcum

I'm gonna borrow it from Malcolm

Yeah you look so good baby I'm startin to drool all over myself

I got the droolin', droolin', get all wet, salivate, salivate

I got slimy legs, slimy legs, slimy legs

Got slimy, slimy, slimy, slimy, heh heh heh

Yeah you look so good baby, I like it, I like it, I like it

You know what I been talkin' about honey

It's a nice dance, we gotta a nice dance goin' here

Now what you gotta do, I'll tell you what you gotta do

You got to pretend your face is a Maserati

It's a Maserati

It's a Maserati

It's a gettin' hotty

It's a Maserati, Maserati, Maserati

It's a fast one too man, that thing's turbocharged

You feel like a little fuel injection honey?

I'll tell ya about it, I'll tell you about it

I'll check out the hood scoop

I gotta get that hood scoop off, shine and shine and buff

I gotta buff it up, buff it up, buff it up, buff it up, buff it up,

Yeah, shiny now baby, heh heh heh

You've been drivin' all night long

It's time to put the old Maserati away

So you look for a garage, you think you see a garage

Wait a minute, Hey!, there's one up ahead

And the damn thing's open

Hello! Get in there!

Is my baby alive? (Is my baby alive?)

Is my baby alive? (Is my baby alive?)

Is my baby alive?

She Wango'd to death

Wango Tango (Wango Tango)

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

Wango Tango

Wango Wango

Tango Tango

Wango Wango Wango Wango

Tango Tango Tango Tango

Love ya to death Ted, but please. Jimmy owns your zebra-striped Bronco dude. Grab that bow, cause you just got shot. :beer:

Other countries hate us because they are Jealous of our freedoms,

Bullspit. Many countries have freedoms. America doesn't have the monopoly on 'freedoms' and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing this.

Grab yourself a passport, travel for once in your life and you'll see that plenty of other countries are just as 'free' as America.

I would vouch that your kind of attitude is partly the reason why some people might hate America (not me, I like it).

Bullspit. Many countries have freedoms. America doesn't have the monopoly on 'freedoms' and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing this.

Grab yourself a passport, travel for once in your life and you'll see that plenty of other countries are just as 'free' as America.

I would vouch that your kind of attitude is partly the reason why some people might hate America (not me, I like it).

Unfortunately, I agree with you on that. But the forth of July rocks! :cheer: King George was a dick!

Ask women in Radical Muslim countries how much freedom they have. Tell me one Country that has as many freedoms as Americans do.............just one. And do not forget about the right to bear arms. Most so called "Free" countries do not trust their own citizens to own firearms. That speaks volumes about these countries freedoms.

i love my country but it didn't invent parlimentary procedure

one country with as many 'freedoms'

uh, the UK....

cops with NO guns.

what a concept!

travel some...

Ask women in Radical Muslim countries how much freedom they have. Tell me one Country that has as many freedoms as Americans do.............just one. And do not forget about the right to bear arms. Most so called "Free" countries do not trust their own citizens to own firearms. That speaks volumes about these countries freedoms.

Try to stop apologizing because you are an American, I realize George Carlin would be proud of you but it is not necessary.

Who's apologizing? And what the fuck does that have to do with George Carlin? You think that people who speak out or dissent are apologizing for being American? How bass- ackwards is that!

Yeah, travel would be good for you, I think.

For me, Ted Nugent is a Wild Animal Hunter, who happens to be a Musician.

Jimmy Page, on the other hand.... IS a Musician first and foremost...... Who happens to hunt 'wild' animals, from time to time... :)

Let me see. The South wanted to split from the North in order to protect their freedoms such as the right to own and oppress Africanos as slaves. Mere property. They even designed a flag to display their unmitigated, shameless arrogance towards their way of living their lives. Simple logic tells me that anyone who displays that flag or a version of it wants to be counted in the same boat as said bigots. Now you've got Mr. Nugent coming down to my state of Texas (why the hell was he invited?) for Governor Rick Perry's inauguration. Not only does he carry his big'mouth/big head attitude down here for his "friend" Gov. Perry, he wears a T-shirt displaying the Confederate Flag. What are you, Ted? A kiss-ass. You're from Michigan you phony! Or are you a Southern Rebel trapped in a Yankees body? You are so two-faced! You dodge Vietnam. You take your shit out on harmless wildlife. You name your band the Damn Yankees and then you have the audacity to call yourself a true American after you condone ignorances of the past(slavery). Fuck off! You ain't no role model to anyone I know.

After reading that nauseating post with Ted's lyrics to 'Wango Tango' I'm beginning to think that maybe Ted should have done drugs! Either that or he wrote the lyrics with his cock in one hand and a pen in the other.

I guess you never read the lyrics to "Squeeze my Lemon"?? Now that's a song with a lot of class.

:rolleyes:

Do a listening comparison between the two. A blues song with a little bit of sexual innuendo against a raging hormonal madman who sounds like he's so coked out of his mind that his dick is singing the music for him.

I mean come on. 'Lemon Song', or 'Squeeze My Lemon' or 'Traveling Riverside Blues' compared to 'Wango Tango' or the ever popular Nuge classic 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang'...? Clearly we have a winner here.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of some of Ted Nugent's music. 'Paralyzed', 'Stranglehold', 'Dog Eat Dog' he had some screamin' rockers. But that's it. Other than that I find him to be a little bit annoying but hey, that's just Ted Nugent.

"Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" should win some kind of award for greatest song title ever. The balls it took to write a song with that title and then sing it every night? Amazing.

:lolo: nice

actually, for me, the Double Live Gonzo version embodies sex, drugs and rock n roll

and please, I'm not comparing it to LZ.

It's just a killer face-rockin' tune.

And for the bazillionth time, the thread wasn't a comparison between Nugent and Zeppelin.

There is no comparison.

But Ted had his moments.

He's hardly a nobody.

Archived