So my music teacher was knockin Zep today...

Predator

Yup, my music teacher who is a realllly bad teacher and a lot of people dont like, because our other music teacher is the soul of our school and is reallly good, was knockin zep. He was talking about drummers and some of the drummers who show off and think the drum solo is the heart of the concert and they play without even listening to the other band, and hes like, so yah drummers dont pull a bonzo bonham.

i cut him off, WHAT? john bonham? what are you talkin about?

and then he goes on about how he cant keep time, and that him and page are egoists, and if you read hammer of the gods they just trash JPJ, and he was saying how JPJ is the only good member.

now obviously JPJ is really huge in the band and keeps everything together so perfect, but what he was saying about page and bonham is such bullshit.

Yup, my music teacher who is a realllly bad teacher and a lot of people dont like, because our other music teacher is the soul of our school and is reallly good, was knockin zep. He was talking about drummers and some of the drummers who show off and think the drum solo is the heart of the concert and they play without even listening to the other band, and hes like, so yah drummers dont pull a bonzo bonham.

and then he goes on about how he cant keep time, and that him and page are egoists, and if you read hammer of the gods they just trash JPJ, and he was saying how JPJ is the only good member.

now obviously JPJ is really huge in the band and keeps everything together so perfect, but what he was saying about page and bonham is such bullshit.

Sounds like your teacher is a fan-boy, not an educator.

Yup, my music teacher who is a really bad teacher and a lot of people dont like, because our other music teacher is the soul of our school and is reallly good, was knockin zep. He was talking about drummers and some of the drummers who show off and think the drum solo is the heart of the concert and they play without even listening to the other band, and hes like, so yah drummers dont pull a bonzo bonham.

now obviously JPJ is really huge in the band and keeps everything together so perfect, but what he was saying about page and Bonham is such bullshit.

Well from what i heard that Bonham didn't keep time as accurate as most other drummers, but they say he played by feel which is more important than keeping time. I posted the column before, but JPJ and Bonzo would be purposely off time to either speed up the song or slow it down, with out actually playing faster or slower.

Why would you read a book about a band you don't like or even have respect for.

You want a guy to keep time? Hire Charlie Watts. If you want to be the biggest, baddest band in the land, I'll take John Henry Bonham... Anytime, period. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a class in high school called "Music In Modern American Society" where your "homework" was to bring in records (yeah that's how long ago this was :) ) to be played in class. The teacher hated Zeppelin for a different reason though- he was a born again Christian and he actually told the class a few times that Jimmy drank blood & worshipped Satan! He also said the same thing about Mick Jagger, Ozzy, and Hall & Oates (??). And there were some kids in the class who believed him too! I had a few arguments with him over it, but there was no changing his mind about this.

Archived