Will They Play Stairway?

If Plant gets his way then they won't. He thinks it's a song of it's time and the lyric is a bit 'flowery' for this day and age. I tend to agree - it isn't one of my band favourites, although the music / guitar solo still stands up to scrutiny.

A LZ gig without it would be incomplete though, wouldn't it?

As RP wrote it but doesn't particularly like the lyrics anymore perhaps he should rewrite them for the 21st century.

If Plant gets his way then they won't. He thinks it's a song of it's time and the lyric is a bit 'flowery' for this day and age. I tend to agree - it isn't one of my band favourites, although the music / guitar solo still stands up to scrutiny.

As RP wrote it but doesn't particularly like the lyrics anymore perhaps he should rewrite them for the 21st century.

you know the anwser, and its "they will if they want to."

you know the anwser, and its "they will if they want to."

Yes, but what happens when one does want to play it and another one doesn't?

Perhaps JPJ will have a casting vote!

We don't need any discord in their ranks as we're all hoping the O2 goes brilliantly and they extend the reunion past one gig..

I'm certain they'll play Stairway to Heaven.

I seriously doubt that they will. I think they are going to dig deep into the catalog and blow us all away with an incredible setlist.

If I were to bet I would say no, they won't do it. Robert has stood by his guns this long. Why would he change now.

Also, the song that they have never performed.... It will be In The Light. JPJ and Percy have always wanted to perform that song and they were restricted by the technology of the times...

You heard it here first!!!!

I THINK THEY SHOULD OPEN WITH {IN THE LIGHT.} THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. JPJ'S ORGAN IN THE OPENING MOMENTS WOULD GET THE CROWD PUMPED UP.

I'd bet my house on the first words RP singing being....

Altogether now...

Wait for it....

'It's been an eon since we've waltzed & tangoed'.

Archived