Will They Play Stairway?

Of course they'll play it. They need to. The corporate assholes with free tickets will only know that one song by them.

Sad but true. :(

I bet there are many who only know one or two or maybe just three songs of them. I don't like the ballot thing too much. They better not do it again if those rumored tours are true.

I seriously doubt that they will. I think they are going to dig deep into the catalog and blow us all away with an incredible setlist.

If I were to bet I would say no, they won't do it. Robert has stood by his guns this long. Why would he change now.

Also, the song that they have never performed.... It will be In The Light. JPJ and Percy have always wanted to perform that song and they were restricted by the technology of the times...

You heard it here first!!!!

I saw Robert Plant in Pittsburgh's Civic areana years back and he did open with in the light. It was awesome. The music fade in and no lights and then there he was.

a band not playing their big hit live never goes down well.

it's like going to see Bon Jovi play live and them not play 'living on a prayer' during the set, like going to see Iron Maiden play and them not playing 'run to the hills' like going to see Motorhead and them not playing 'ace of spades' etc - get my point?

THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY IT

there is a large possibility that Plant will not want to play it but the public will demand it, 20,000 people aren't going to pay over £100 a head to get in and then for Led Zep not to play their biggest song, a song which many regard as the best rock song of all time!

They will also play Whole Lotta Love as it's their other major big hit, i know they have had many but Stairway and Whole Lotta will be played in full at the 02 - you can be sure of that

If Plant gets his way then they won't. He thinks it's a song of it's time and the lyric is a bit 'flowery' for this day and age. I tend to agree - it isn't one of my band favourites, although the music / guitar solo still stands up to scrutiny.

A LZ gig without it would be incomplete though, wouldn't it?

As RP wrote it but doesn't particularly like the lyrics anymore perhaps he should rewrite them for the 21st century.

I absolutely don't think he should re-write the lyrics.

That would be a bit of a travesty.

And maybe they are a bit of a product of their time, but the lyrics on Stairway, I personally think, are a lot better than a lot of lyrics either now or then. I think they're great.

And I think they're definitely gonna play it.

I'd bet on it, if I was a betting girl!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived