IS JIMMY PAGE EVER GOING TO SELL HIS DOUBLE NECK GUITAR OR HIS GIBSON

LED-ZEP ROCKS!

IS HE? AND DO U THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH OVER $1,000,000

I would guess the #1 Led Paul would be worth over $1mil as Page was the guitarist who really popularised it's use as the main rock guitarist's guitar.

They will never be sold in his lifetime, unless he fully retires from music and wants to raise money for his charities.

I would guess the #1 Led Paul would be worth over $1mil as Page was the guitarist who really popularised it's use as the main rock guitarist's guitar.

They will never be sold in his lifetime, unless he fully retires from music and wants to raise money for his charities.

Agreed.

Few professional guitarists have such an affinity for their guitars.

He's referred to them as his favorite mistresses on more then one occasion.

I'm doubting Jimmy will ever sell his favorite guitars while he is alive.

If you were Jimmy, would you give a guitar with emotional significance which brings back so many memories for all the money in the world? I personally wouldn't.

It's like a tradesman's tools - they are essential to his craft and he becomes attached to them, having favourites etc.

I'm not that great a guitar player but even I will never sell my favorite guitar. My Les Paul is valued in the thousands by now. I've had offers. The heartache from parting with it would be too great. Certainly my kids will inherit my instruments. They already are music lovers and probably will feel the same way about selling them. They better!

You really do fall in love with guitars to the point that they are mistresses; tempting me away from the bedroom at night. And on nights when I know I won't be getting any, even though I want it... staying up and playing the guitar is a very close substitute.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 years later...

I own a 1963 Gibson ES-330TDC that belonged to my father (it was the only guitar I ever knew him to play). For me, that guitar is priceless and I'd never sell it. I also own my father-in-law's 1960 Fender Sunburst Precision Bass...and would never sell it. Both mean much to me, solely for sentimental reasons. I also own at least a dozen other basses that I've picked up over the years and they each have become close friends of mine!! Because of that, I fully understand Jimmy Page's feelings! I can't imagine making one of my guitars an orphan!