Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

• 3 weeks later...

Woodbine race 4 the number 7 horse is named "Red Zeppelin". Think the owner is a fan? There is a horse in trotting with the same name, harness that is. The harness one is a speed and fade type that may win once out of twenty plus efforts. This horse is better and has a shot. Not a gimme, but a shot.

This race does not run until tonight. A bit after 730. So plenty of time if you get the urge

Edited by LedZeppfan77

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Rick, it's time to become an honourary Aussie for one day and have a bet in our biggest race of the year ...... The Melbourne Cup.

In saying that, it's a mug punters chance of picking the winner, as there's 24 horses in the field battling it out over 2 miles for the $6 million prize money ....... and while form is obviously important, anything can win this race.

It's un Australian not to have a few bets in this race, which literally stops the nation. So I'll be backing #8 - Dandino and #4 - Sea Moon. I'm also taking a trifecta of those 2 horses plus #22 - Dear Demi

Race 7, Flemington, Tuesday 5th November, 3pm. Remember, we do our day/month opposite to yours (if looking at form guide) and we're about 16 hours ahead of you.

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/

Detailed form guide http://www.sportsbetform.com.au/27715/194299/

Hey Rick, it's time to become an honourary Aussie for one day and have a bet in our biggest race of the year ...... The Melbourne Cup.

In saying that, it's a mug punters chance of picking the winner, as there's 24 horses in the field battling it out over 2 miles for the $6 million prize money ....... and while form is obviously important, anything can win this race.

It's un Australian not to have a few bets in this race, which literally stops the nation. So I'll be backing #8 - Dandino and #4 - Sea Moon. I'm also taking a trifecta of those 2 horses plus #22 - Dear Demi

Race 7, Flemington, Tuesday 5th November, 3pm. Remember, we do our day/month opposite to yours (if looking at form guide) and we're about 16 hours ahead of you.

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/

Detailed form guide http://www.sportsbetform.com.au/27715/194299/

Hey, I think I csn bet it tonight? I can get the Australian races and they start after midnight here. Online I can watch and bet. I am going to see if its tonight. Which is tomorrow there. I can see the form for free. Ill post my pick if I can find it

Yes I am going to bet it. I found it

I am betting the 8 and exactas. 8 with 6,19,21. And 19 with 6,8

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I see you picked Dandino (8), thats my main selection and also the favourite Fiorente (6) is in your mix too. The other two you picked I haven't taken much notice of, but anything can win this race, luck has a great deal to do with it.

The race is about 2 hrs 30 mins away now. Good luck and to you too Jules.

Edited by Whoopie Cat

I see you picked Dandino (8), thats my main selection and also the favourite Fiorente (6) is in your mix too. The other two you picked I haven't taken much notice of, but anything can win this race, luck has a great deal to do with it.

The race is about 2 hrs 30 mins away now. Good luck and to you too Jules.

Good luck to you both. I just played the 4th race but did not win. Put a couple on the 8. I would like to see the 8 win the big race or the 19 over the 8

Forget about form when it comes to the Melbourne Cup. Anything can win it over two miles because even the long shots are horses that would win big races on any given day.

I like the favourite but with no great confidence.

Good luck.

Stop bragging you :lol:

This is my reaction to my horses .............. :beat:

ooh i was so close .... i coulda won about $3000 if i had red cadeau ... but, guess what? hubby did! but he had it in a box of 5, so he gets about $1500. but he also bet on the winner and 2nd, and 3rd .... so

WOOHOO us :) :)

The racing form I can get free online for over seas racing is not the greatest, so is all I had to go on. The 6 made sense, I tried to beat him. Thought the 19 had a shot. I do like grass racing and large fields alot. I have done well at Churchill and Saratoga on grass races

• 5 months later...

Yes Walter Derby on Saturday. On Friday, tomorrow is the first half of a two day double, starting with the Kentucky OAKS, a race for Philly's.

I do not have the form for Saturday yet.

Here is what I would do with race 11 tomorrow, the Oaks.

.50 cent trifecta part wheel. 11,13 w 11,13 w 2,9 cost is $2

.10 cent Superfecta box 2,9,11,13 cost is $2.40

Derby picks to follow