Horse Racing Thread

overthehillsandfaraway

Race 5 at Finger Lakes today I am betting a Led Zeppelin Daily Double.  The horse in race 5 is named Thank You.  In race 6 Dyer Maker.  Indeed named for Led Zeppelin song in race 6.  Race 5 just a more general and common saying if you will.  So the numbers are 6 and 2 if you are game.  I always am

• 2 months later...

Toda and tomorrow we have the Breeders Cup from Santa Anita in California.  Two days of great racing.  In the Classic tomorrow Code of Honor is running, the winner of the Travers at Saratoga. He will go against Whitney winner McKinzie and Vino Rossi.

Lets try to give you a winner today.  IN race 8, in a 1 mile Turf race we have an English invader named Daahyah.  The 5 horse on the program ridden by William Buick, a very good English jockey.  If you want to play an exacta I would wheel him over the 7,10, 13, 14

GL

Where is my Aussie Melbourne Cup pal?  Anyway, remember last year when I took that bad boy down?  I just won $442 on race 1-4 pick 4 at Philly.  So I have bullets.    I am going to spread in the Melbourne, you can bet .20 cent tris.  I will use the 23 horse in the middle at the 2 miles.  Only 10-1 at 2 miles in a 24 horse field merits respect.  Using 11 Finche.  Being the bird lover I am. LOL.  No not for that reason. I think the 18, 19 and 3 are in my plans too.  If you respond Ill be more specific

PMed Reggie the Aussie.  I am going to use the 13.  Box the 13, 18, 19 with the 23.  Using the 11 up and down in tris.  Win bets on 13 and 23 and maybe the 18 or 19

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU REGGIE?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tiz The Law is the horse, trained by Bob Baggert, the California monster of a trainer, that won the Belmont Stakes.  The first leg of this years Triple Crown.  Historical of course as the KD is usually the first leg.  Its to be run in September.  So this horse won at a 1 1/8 miles.  Usually the Belmont is 1 1/2 miles.  I hit the pick 4, a lousy $70.  If Max Player had won, he came 3rd, I would have won $500 instead.   I also won the P4 at Churchill for the same amount.  So now this horse must win the Preakness to have a shot at the  Triple Crown.  He has a huge chance.  I also think Max Player has a chance to ruin it for him at a good price.  Ill see the entries and form when that day comes, maybe in about 2-3 weeks.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Kentucky Derby, the jewel of all of racing, is going to be run NEXT SATURDAY AT CHURCHILL DOWNS!!!!!  Yes, in September.  Not the first Saturday in May as its supposed to be.  

Just try and figure out who will come 2nd and 3rd and bet the trifecta.  The post draw is Tuesday.  They are not going to beat the favorite who won the Belmont Stakes already.  Tiz The Law is the name of the horse.  He is a monster. Only traffic trouble will beat him and that is not likely because we will not have the usual  herd of horses, a field of 20 is not happening

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Today at Saratoga is the Whitney handicap.  Its not the Travers but Swiss Skydiver, the philly that won the Preakness and beat Authentic is the 3 horse and the morning line is 6-1 on her.  I like her.  But I will also use the 2 and maybe the horse Knicks Go in the pick 4.  I would not count out Swiss Skydiver ever.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/4/2023 at 7:40 PM, slave to zep said:

Don't forget the Melbourne cup is on Tuesday!

Yes I just learned about this.  Its actually tonight at 11 EST in the USA, not sure what time in Australia?  I wonder where that guy is that used to talk to me about it every year?  I do not think I have seen him here in years.  I won this race a year or two ago.  Had some crazy numbers including number 21 and 23.  So so far I have boxed 5,21,3.  ill use the 1 also.  Put $2.40 to the wind on the Pick 4 that starts in race 7.  1,3,5-10,13-9,12-15 are the numbers.  Ending with a horse named Substantial, which is what the payout will be.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977