People who own vinyl?

Cecil.

I bought 300 vinyls from a garage sale for $50. It basically had every great album from 1968 to 1985. Nothing was close to being mint, but i just like the idea of having something like that. They all play good.(well im assuming) My good buddy has 6 milk crates of records that his brother used to DJ with in the 90's. i told him ill give him $200 for it. He said he wants to keep them so he can listen to them. They sit in a shitty garage with crap stack on top of them. I got so pissed with him, i went go and took a few of the good ones with me. Fuck him. Like i said, im not a collector, but i think it's cool to have.

The indi store near me has a nice section of vinyls. i usally buy the 5 for $5 ones.

But still i have 500 vinlys but i basicly just listen to the Led Zeppelin. Im not sure if i have gems, and i donlt care either way.

I like vinyl. It's just tougher to find stuff in playable condition. I'm just more selective these day's about what I buy as they do take up a fair bit of space. It's great fun looking for stuff.

Radio Shack down here in the South sells Record Players not big name but some are fairly reliable and reasonably priced.Purchase records from Ebay also there are several good Record Stores in New Orleans that have a good selection of old Records.

Radio Shack up here in NY used to sell cartridges for record players, but not anymore. The douche behind the counter claimed to not know what a record player is, and stated that no one even listens to CDs anymore. Man, was I pissed off - the whole way back to my cave!

Radio Shack up here in NY used to sell cartridges for record players, but not anymore. The douche behind the counter claimed to not know what a record player is, and stated that no one even listens to CDs anymore. Man, was I pissed off - the whole way back to my cave!

LOL. I went to radio shack a year ago seeing if they had a preamp for a record player. That day i pulled up to the store blasting hip hop on my radio. so i asked the clerk if he had a preamp for a record player. He said "no" and told me he had somthing better. He pulled out an MP3 player. and explained it to me what it was. I just turned around and walked out. Thats why i never bought a preamp. I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Linear tracking turntables are theoretically supposed to be the best because they track across the record the same way the mold that makes the vinyl is produced. I'm not convinced it makes a lot of difference but the linear tracking turntable from kenwood I had worked just fine for a long time.

The need for a pre--amp is a good thing to bring up. However, if you get a turntable that is designed for p.a. systems they will usually have a line---level output as an option. (In other words, you don't need a preamp.) Guitar center and other places sell them.

Crosley Turntables

I have the CR74. It does not record vinyl to CD, but I couldn't care less about that, especially since I already have all my vinyl on CD, and when I buy a vinyl record, it isn't to record to CD, but to enjoy it as a record. However, it has 3 speeds, has analog AM/FM radio, and plays CDs, cassettes, and you can plug in your iPod or other MP3 player to the back. Personally, I lve it, although I will be starting a Crosley collection and getting different kinds of turntables, as well as other vintage items from them.

They also sell:

Radios

Jukeboxes

Telephones

Music Boxes

Accesories for the different items

Even Games

I love Crosley, personally, and I think anyone who gets them will love them. Enjoy.

Crosley makes some cool ones.

You can put the vinyl to CD's too.

This model is $400.

B)

d_1150.jpg

Link:

http://www.pedalcarsandretro.com/Record_Pl...s-p-1-c-59.html

This one is really nice. It's one of the ones I'm considering as an upgrade.

Honestly... for record players, Crosley is the way to go.

Edited by Nathan

This one is really nice. It's one of the ones I'm considering as an upgrade.

Honestly... for record players, Crosley is the way to go.

The NMLRA (National Muzzle Rifle Loading Association) in Friendship, Indiana has a Crosley cup match every year.

I'm pretty sure it's dedicated to the same person.

http://local.aaca.org/junior/spotlight/crosley/crosley.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all,

The shipping company have done their best to track the player down they really did, so back

in London iI filled in a insurance report, Hmv quadrophonic record player purchased 1985

charity shop £15 needles hard to come by Very good sound.

In the meantime I can admire the covers , read the liner notes anything but listen, ah well!

Crosley makes some cool ones.

You can put the vinyl to CD's too.

This model is $400.

B)

d_1150.jpg

Link:

http://www.pedalcarsandretro.com/Record_Pl...s-p-1-c-59.html

I bought this model when they first came out because I have many record albums and cassettes that were never released on cd, and I wanted to transfer them to that. I was extremely disappointed in the sound quality of the turntable- to me it sounded like a kid's record player. The cassette player was ok and the cd player sounded great. I used it to burn a cd twice, once from the turntable and once from the cassette. The sound quality of the burned cds were terrible, especially the one from the cassette- you could hear a lot of tape hiss and the sound level was low. It sat on a bookcase for over a year before I ended up giving it away to someone at work (they liked it).

I ended up getting a turntable from Audio Technica that plugs into the computer via line in jack- much better results.

I was very skeptical about how that Crosley turntable would sound, since they're usually offered in those overpriced "specialty" catalogs that we always get in the mail. I'd love to have all the music that I have on record transferred to CD. The condition that most of my records are in wouldn't make that very worthwhile, though...