Plant/Krauss review & photos

andmoreagain

I'd still like to hear 'em do Bron YR Aur Stomp with a cool fiddle solo before the last verse.

That would be cool! :D

Alison posed happily enough it seemed with Robert and the trophies after the CMT awards, not sure what is being alluded to above. ^^ :huh:

That would be cool! :D

Alison posed happily enough it seemed with Robert and the trophies after the CMT awards, not sure what is being alluded to above. ^^ :huh:

Love the Bron-Yr-Aur idea! Well, I love the idea of Alison joining Zeppelin as a guest performer, period, to be honest. Their voices are great together, and adding the fiddle here and there would be awesome. :)

I'm going to record the repeat of the awards show on Thursday, so, I'll take a look see about what went on for myself.

(God, watching a fucking country music awards show, trust me, only Robert Plant could entice me to do such a thing. :D )

Same here. :rolleyes:

I'd rather read what you people that have watched the show have to tell here on the board.

I love Robert....but to watch a country award show, c'mon, even love has to have some limits. :ph34r:

That's a mouth opening set list...and the review and comments are nice to read too. Thank you for posting them.

Love the photo...it is like taking a bit of the down-home all over the world LOL It would be really nice if a live cd or dvd comes out of this moment--I do hope to get to catch those two in action--the tickets sale like hotcakes.

I look forward to reading and hearing more reviews. It's nice to see how people react to the Plant and Krauss moment. I know here in the south people have a shock reaction at first but then they seem to have this moment that says "it was meant to be"

Saw the concert last night in Tennessee. It was awesome. Robert's voice sounds amazing. And he looked amazing as well. Alison has a voice of an angel and the two of them together were perfect. My favorite song was Battle of Evermore. You are mesmerized by her haunting voice on Evermore. I could go on and on. If you have a chance to go you will not be dissapointed. I didn't want the night to end.

Piper

Saw the concert last night in Tennessee. It was awesome. Robert's voice sounds amazing. And he looked amazing as well. Alison has a voice of an angel and the two of them together were perfect. My favorite song was Battle of Evermore. You are mesmerized by her haunting voice on Evermore. I could go on and on. If you have a chance to go you will not be dissapointed. I didn't want the night to end.

Piper

I agree with you !

Music is music. Country music isn't really that bad. It's based on the blues much like Zeppelin was.

I agree. I don't care if it's "cool" or not. I studied music for seven years, I even thought of majoring in music. If I like the sound, the "style" is irrelevant. :coffee:

Someone correct me if I am wrong- Jimmy Page played in a skiffle (is that the correct name for the music?) band in his teens. I watched a video to see what skiffle was. It's (skiffle) the English form of American country music. I was thoroughly surprised by that video. B)

I agree. I don't care if it's "cool" or not. I studied music for seven years, I even thought of majoring in music. If I like the sound, the "style" is irrelevant. :coffee:

Someone correct me if I am wrong- Jimmy Page played in a skiffle (is that the correct name for the music?) band in his teens. I watched a video to see what skiffle was. It's (skiffle) the English form of American country music. I was thoroughly surprised by that video. B)

He credits Elvis' guitarist as his earliest influence. And Elvis grew up playing country music and played it throughout his career also.

Piper

Cool, I thought she'd do a fine job with that one!

Great shows Louisville was great energy and an excellent show Allison Krauss was stunning I had never seen her live beautiful woman with a angelic voice who can take it to the wall if she wanted but she is quite the consumate professional and preformer ,it was nice when she let loose of her restraint a fewtimes to see her full range .......would be interesting if she really let it go lol

Her covers of Led Zeppelin .....Awesome Blend with Robert thier band with T Bone added a whole new level to the traditional Zeppelin songs it had a very deep tribal/folk/blues beat goin and an excellent vibe :D

Robert blew me away as usual with his preformance & humor and the blending of the 2 vocalist was mindblowing at times . It Truely took alot of work and raw talent of all the preformers .The light show was right on as well intune with the music but Louisville has Knoxville beat on overall production and vibe .TBone I had never seen and well worth it he is a fun guy to watch I look forward to seein him again and hearing somemore Zydeco/Bluesy tunes all I can say is deeeeep soulful concerts both blew me away well worth every penny :thanku:

I just read a review today that the Dynamic Duo sang Black Dog at a recent concert in Tennesee. Hmmm....I guess the only way Robert will ever sing it again with his mates is if they get a sex change operation. <_<

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/apr/23...-moments/?local

Er, not sure what that is supposed to be about but he sang Black Dog with Strange Sensation and last I checked, they're all males.

Great reviews--thank you all for sharing

I have a question...what was the crowds reaction and what type of people were at the shows? I'm curious to know if it'll be a mix bag of people and fans.

I'm kicking myself for not getting the tickets to the Tennessee shows but I'm still hopeful that they'll play closer to the crossroads again...like Nashville or what not LOL

Yaaaahhhh!!!! I got tickets today for the June 24 performance at the Hollywood Bowl. That's a Tuesday night I believe I will be taking the first half of that week off work thank you. I've seen Robert a couple of times but this will be the first Ive seen Allison. She's blown me away ever since hearing her in O Brother Where Art Thou. I'm thrilled by the set list so far. I'm creating a cd with a mix of the songs in that order. Ive been listening to Raising Sand almost nonstop since it came out. I've had some complicated relationship situations these last six months and this album has helped me get through it all. Looking forward to their California stops!

Archived