Plant/Krauss review & photos

andmoreagain

Just back from JazzFest. Excellent performance--still ironing out a few kinks, but the overall quality was really impressive. They worked together really well and both seemed to be having a lot of fun, and the whole vibe was very loose. When the Levee Breaks was the highlight for me, and the Battle of Evermore was also terrific. Ditto Alison's Trampled Rose (I like her singing much better live than on the album, it just seemed to have more substance.) Mostly Plant and Zeppelin fans in the section where I was, but there were a healthy number of Krauss fans too. I heard many people after the show saying "that was amazing"--only real disappointment was that they only did one encore, which appeared to be because of time constraints--Sheryl Crow was up next.

Here's some pretty crummy pics (but at least they're mine! :) )

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

I was there, also! Simply amazing! I agree with you about Alison's live performances.

And, from the looks of the pictures I wasn't standing too far behind you.

-TYG

Lineup:

Robert Plant - Vocals

Alison Krauss - Vocals and Fiddles

T-Bone Burnett - Guitars and Vocals

Stewart Duncan - Guitars and Mandolins

Buddy Miller - Guitars, Mandolins, Pedal Steel, Autoharp

Dennis Crouch - Bass, Banjo

Jay Bellerose - Drums and Percussion

1 - Rich Woman 5:30

2 - Leave My Woman Alone 5:02

3 - Black Dog 6:08

4 - Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us 4:01

5 - Through The Morning, Through The Night 4:07

6 - Fortune Teller 4:46

7 - Black Country Woman 5:12

8 - 29 Palms 6:01

9 - Waiting For A Long Time 3:25

10 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler 6:02

11 - Trampled Rose 6:21

12 - Green Pastures 3:39

13 - Down In The River To Pray 4:16

14 - Nothing 6:05

15 - Killing The Blues (4:31)

16 - When The Levee Breaks (6:04)

17 - The Battle of Evermore (6:21)

18 - Please Read The Letter (6:03)

19 - Gone Gone Gone (3:26)

Encore:

20 - Stick With Me Baby (3:15)

21 - One Woman Man (3:05)

22 - Your Long Journey (2:40)

I'D like to hear them sing "song to the siren' and All the kings horses as a duet ? :D:P:rolleyes:

Went to Jazz Fest and am just now having time to post and upload some stuff to youtube. The show was so so much fun! Didn't get great pics but did get some vids. I was on the rail to the left and had a good view of the big monitor, so took some closeups that way. I loved loved loved Black Country Woman. Did Zep ever do that song live? And When the Levee Breaks, ahhhh, now that was appropo for sure in New Orleans. Started to rain just a little when they did that song, but it was so powerful it held back the flood, that happened during Dr. John and Billy Joel the next day...

Here is the first vid, WTLB, more to come soon...I missed the very first part of the song, and had some trouble keeping my camera still. This was the first time seeing this song done live, so I was beyond nirvana state. Moment to always be remembered!

Went to Jazz Fest and am just now having time to post and upload some stuff to youtube. The show was so so much fun! Didn't get great pics but did get some vids. I was on the rail to the left and had a good view of the big monitor, so took some closeups that way. I loved loved loved Black Country Woman. Did Zep ever do that song live? And When the Levee Breaks, ahhhh, now that was appropo for sure in New Orleans. Started to rain just a little when they did that song, but it was so powerful it held back the flood, that happened during Dr. John and Billy Joel the next day...

Here is the first vid, WTLB, more to come soon...I missed the very first part of the song, and had some trouble keeping my camera still. This was the first time seeing this song done live, so I was beyond nirvana state. Moment to always be remembered!

06/19/1972 Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington

Many previes: The Ocean, Over The Hills And Far Away & Black Country

Woman! Dancing Days is played twice !

1. Immigrant Song

2. Heartbreaker

3. Black Dog

4. The Ocean

5. Since I've Been Loving You

6. Stairway To Heaven

7. Going To California

8. Black Country Woman

9. That's The Way

10. Tangerine

11. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

12. Dazed And Confused

13. What Is And What Should Never Be

14. Dancing Days

15. Moby Dick

16. Whole Lotta Love (medley)

17. Rock And Roll

18. Organ Solo (medley)

19. Money

20. Over The Hills And Far Away

21. Dancing Days

ledzeppelin.alexreisner.com/setlists

Only a week to go! Next Monday in Brum, my daughter and I will be groovin' with Ali & Bob and I can't wait.

Ive got 22 days to wait til I can boogie with Robert & Alison.......its sooo going to be worth the wait!!!!

Thanks a lot for the videos--this one in particular was such a great moment! I'll always remember it too.

Archived