Gladiators: Led Zeppelin vs. Counting Crows

Reggie29

The disturbing part is that in Beatles vs Nickelback, the Beatles only got 65% of the vote. That one should have been 99%-1%, with the people representing the 1% Nickelback vote taken immediately to the gas chamber.

that 1% was the dude who gave Chad Kroeger a beer in exchange for watching Chad suck himself

it was after that, chad decided to turn his talent into music... and the rest was history

The disturbing part is that in Beatles vs Nickelback, the Beatles only got 65% of the vote. That one should have been 99%-1%, with the people representing the 1% Nickelback vote taken immediately to the gas chamber.

Yeah, but look at the Rolling Stones v Pink...The Rolling Stones win with only 56%!

And I think it's a bit mean putting Richard Clapton up against U2

I'm also a bit dismayed that 38% of folks actually voted for Green Day versus Dire Straits. That's far better a result than the now-heavily-underappreciated DS would fare on a like contest at an American station, methinks.

• 3 weeks later...

After 3 weeks we have arrived at the shoot out.

Locals can call the number on the Vega site to register a vote.

They have been playing Zep all day and not just the usual suspects!

http://vega953.com.au/site/win/music_gladiators.aspx

grand final - wednesday 14th may

Hour

Contestants

The Ultimate Music Gladiator

4pm

AC/DC v Led Zeppelin

semi finals - wednesday 14th may

Hour

Contestants

Proceeding to Grand Final

1pm

2pm

AC/DC v Queen

Led Zeppelin v Dire Straits

AC/DC with 52%

Led Zeppelin with 58%

quarter finals - wednesday 14th may

Hour

Contestants

Proceeding to Semi Finals

9am

10am

11am

12pm

AC/DC v Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin v Guns n Roses

Alice Cooper v Queen

The Angels v Dire Straits

AC/DC with 51%

Led Zeppelin with 59%

Queen with 51%

Dire Straits with 51%

• 1 month later...

AC/DC won, which is to be expected given the home field advantage. It was pretty close, though. It least it wasn't some overplayed, shite band from this decade. I was also pleased Dire Straits made the final four.

AC/DC won, which is to be expected given the home field advantage. It was pretty close, though. It least it wasn't some overplayed, shite band from this decade. I was also pleased Dire Straits made the final four.

The radio in Chicago did this (either The Loop, or WMET) in like 1981 and it was allot of fun. and it came down to Zeppelin and Floyd and Zeppelin got the duke by 1% :D

Led-Zeppelin 51%

Pink Floyd 49%

Archived