Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
*I*LOVE*JIMMY!!

Football

Well at least you Detroit fans have the Red Wings, Pistons and Tigers. 3 out of 4 isnt bad.

I agree. Big picture wise, we have no complaints. To think of where the Tigers were 5 years ago still blows my mind. The pizza guy is 2nd in salary and 17th in revenue....and that's with every game being sold out. I buy a shitty $5.00 pizza once a week just in his honor. Wednesday Indigestion is the least I can do for the cause.

It was enough for Baltimore a few years ago. But it wont work too often. You still have to be able to score. they were lucky to run into a watered down league where many teams were in rebuilding mode. Im a Bills fan but my early prediction is San Diego to win it all. And Im picking the Vikings as my sleeper in the NFC

Vikings as the sleeper--------interesting pick but a surprising one for me. IMO none of the starting recievers on the Vikings would be starters on ANY other NFL team. The quarterback still does not look comfortable and would benefit greatly from having someone who could get open and catch the ball for more than a three yard pass.

At least we have a good rushing offense and rushing defense.

Vikings as the sleeper--------interesting pick but a surprising one for me. IMO none of the starting recievers on the Vikings would be starters on ANY other NFL team. The quarterback still does not look comfortable and would benefit greatly from having someone who could get open and catch the ball for more than a three yard pass.

Defense wins the game.

Shame last year. Step by step... go easy

And you have Peterson. and lets not forget what they did to the Giants last year in NY. I like their coach. I think they can win the division. Everyone picked Chicago last year and Green Bay snuck up on them all. Detroit faded after a good start. I just have a feeling its going to be Minny in that division. I am cheering for a Bills/Vikings Super Bowl. then one of us can get off the o-4 list. Vikes should have beat KC in 1970. Joe Kapp and the purple people eaters. that team wasnt meant to play on turf though. Ill never understand why Minnesota went indoors. They used the cold games to their advantage. The Bills and Green Bay still do. Its tough to play in warm weather and then have to go play in zero temps.

Are you sure, you guys just signed the best reciever the chicago bears had. Myabe everbody except the bears.

Are you sure, you guys just signed the best reciever the chicago bears had. Myabe everbody except the bears.

I did not know that. Shame on me. I meant the recievers from last season. Signing anybody else would be an improvement.

First we must see what the draft brings this Saturday. We have 11. New England is 7th. Go figure. We will beat out Miami and the Jets and I think we can get a wild card. The one thing I cant stand about Seattle is Holmgren. Dont care for him. But he has got them to win in the regular season and gotten them to their first SB.
Wasn't there talk last season about him leaving or was that just hopful thinking.

What team was it that wore bags over their heads? I think it was the Bears in the 80's. I might be way off, does anyone remember? They did so well with the Fridge and then went down hill. I might be blowing smoke out of my ass and not know what the hell I'm talking about.

What team was it that wore bags over their heads? I think it was the Bears in the 80's. I might be way off, does anyone remember? They did so well with the Fridge and then went down hill. I might be blowing smoke out of my ass and not know what the hell I'm talking about.

I know there is a famous pic of of bears fans with the bags. I'm not sure if was started by them or the reason for them wearing it because they sucked. It could be that they didn't want to be seen at green bay when the bears were kicking their ass. Bears fans would go up their wearing hunting cameo to fit in with the rest of the fans but the bags may be a joke of it.

:( It was some of our fans but never me.

asaintsjpg2.jpgasaints.jpg

So, who's the better team, the '85 Bears, 15-1 in the regular season and kicked New England's ass in the Super Bowl, or the 2007 New England Patriots, who went undefeated in the regular season but lost a close Super Bowl to the Giants.

(What a game!!!!)

^ Probably the '85 Bears, that defense was an all-time great unit, and with Walter Payton running the ball, they were tough to beat (obviously).

So, who's the better team, the '85 Bears, 15-1 in the regular season and kicked New England's ass in the Super Bowl, or the 2007 New England Patriots, who went undefeated in the regular season but lost a close Super Bowl to the Giants.

(What a game!!!!)

I was very upset how people were talking about how the 07 pats would run the 85 bears out of the stadium. as we all saw, pats can't play defense, and if you can hit any quarterback, he becomes rex Grossman.

72 fins went undefeated, so you gotta give them that, even though they only played 3 playoff teams that year, while the bears only loss, spawned a new rule that would've prevented the dolphins from tricking the bears personal groups.

They may not be the most talented team, but they were the most dominate.

On a side note, I think most NFL teams today could beat the 85 bears on the simple fact that todays d-line were bigger than 85 o-line. Brian urlacher is bigger than most O-liners in 85. but if every thing was equal and you held an ultimate tournament. the 85 bears would be at least in the final game. maybe you can scheme past them for one game, but that defense would keep any game close, and with sweetness in the back field, bears have a hell of a shot.

(What a game!!!!)

Yikes, for me the 85 Bears hands down.

th200701181908688955183ds4.jpg

thfulljgetty76184543gh0hm8.jpg

Yikes, for me the 85 Bears hands down.

th200701181908688955183ds4.jpg

thfulljgetty76184543gh0hm8.jpg

Ask yourself this. Which is worse? to go 17-0 and lose the Super Bowl. Or, to go to 4 straight like My Buffalo Bills and lose all?? thanks New England. Wide right. Ill take that to my grave. Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith all deserved better. Oh yeah, and Andre Reed too. This is our year. I just know it. lol

Ask yourself this. Which is worse? to go 17-0 and lose the Super Bowl. Or, to go to 4 straight like My Buffalo Bills and lose all?? thanks New England. Wide right. Ill take that to my grave. Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith all deserved better. Oh yeah, and Andre Reed too. This is our year. I just know it. lol

I have to write a check to Marshawn Lynch because he's the main reason why i won my Fantasy league.

I think going 17-0 is worse.

I was about to say something but I realised that I'm not talking about the same kind of football as you all! I'm going to a soccer match tonight.

I don't suppose anyone's heard of Australian Rules by any chance? It's a bit mental, they must've been high when they invented the rules :rolleyes: .

I would be nuts not to say Buffalo. How awful to go 17-0 and choke at the end. I loved it!!

I was about to say something but I realised that I'm not talking about the same kind of football as you all! I'm going to a soccer match tonight.

I don't suppose anyone's heard of Australian Rules by any chance? It's a bit mental, they must've been high when they invented the rules :rolleyes: .

Aerial Ping Pong! ;):D

Yo Momma! :lol:

34.gif

:lol:

Zinedine "The Bull" Zidane.

On a side note, I think most NFL teams today could beat the 85 bears on the simple fact that todays d-line were bigger than 85 o-line. Brian urlacher is bigger than most O-liners in 85. but if every thing was equal and you held an ultimate tournament. the 85 bears would be at least in the final game. maybe you can scheme past them for one game, but that defense would keep any game close, and with sweetness in the back field, bears have a hell of a shot.

Yeah, guys are just bigger and stronger now. "The Hogs" were the most dominant offensive line of the 80's, but when you go back and look at the stats, Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, and Russ Grimm averaged about 270 lbs. The average lineman nowadays is probably around 310 lbs.

74 Steelers, Dwight White, Ernie Holmes, LC Greenwood and of course Mean Joe Green, Jack Lambert

Andy Russell, Jack Hamm, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell. IMHO the best defence ever !